Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS error 80710102

Options
  • 13-08-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

This has been driving me insane for weeks, I've tried googling it and it didn't work so you guys are my last resort.

If I try to do the settings automatically, the connection test fails at IP address.

If I enter the settings manually, it passes IP test, but fails at internet connection and I get DNS error 80710102.

I've tried using OpenDNS and that isn't working either. I've opened the ports on my router, still nothing :( I'm with eircom btw

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ShaneU wrote: »
    This has been driving me insane for weeks, I've tried googling it and it didn't work so you guys are my last resort.

If I try to do the settings automatically, the connection test fails at IP address.

If I enter the settings manually, it passes IP test, but fails at internet connection and I get DNS error 80710102.

I've tried using OpenDNS and that isn't working either. I've opened the ports on my router, still nothing :( I'm with eircom btw

Did you try wired? Wireless?
    Did you try with ONLY the PS3 connecting to internet(stops IP conflict).
    Can you borrow a friends router?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you try wired? Wireless?
    Did you try with ONLY the PS3 connecting to internet(stops IP conflict).
    Can you borrow a friends router?
    edit: Tried connecting the ps3 to my laptop, obtains I.P address but still fails on DNS.
    Yep, still doesn't work.
    I've tried 3 routers already, no luck.

Tried putting it into recovery mode too and still the same error.

My 360 works fine :(

I do mine wirelessly... follow these steps.
    1. Easy
    2. Wireless
    3. Scan
    4. Choose your access point
    5. Password if applicable
    6. Press x to save settings
    7. Test connection

I do mine wirelessly... follow these steps.
    1. Easy
    2. Wireless
    3. Scan
    4. Choose your access point
    5. Password if applicable
    6. Press x to save settings
    7. Test connection
    Just tried that, when I try to enter the WEP key it keeps timing out :confused:

Also tried to connect with easy setting on wired connection,times out trying to get IP address.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just tried that, when I try to enter the WEP key it keeps timing out :confused:

Also tried to connect with easy setting on wired connection,times out trying to get IP address.

Are you sure you have the right password?

Disable the password in the router, just for the time being. Re-enable it after trying to connect PS3.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you have the right password?

Disable the password in the router, just for the time being. Re-enable it after trying to connect PS3.

Did that, but when I search for it on the ps3 it still says it's WEP protected.

edit: forget it, I'm moving to UPC soon, hopefully that will fix it. thanks for your help anyway

Clutching at straws here now, instead of using WEP, use WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] and try that.
    It's the security setting I use in my router.

Do you have any problems when your laptop AND xbox360 connect at the same time?

EDIT: I'm with UPC and it's great for the PS3.
    Usually have 2 laptops, an xbox360 and a PS3 online at the same time...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone getting error message for when they turn on the PS3 first and then the router, It won't connect to PSN. I ran Internet test and all fine but won't connect to PSN. I have to restart the PS3 so it reads the router as soon as it turns on. Only been happening recently, strange.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone getting error message for when they turn on the PS3 first and then the router, It won't connect to PSN. I ran Internet test and all fine but won't connect to PSN. I have to restart the PS3 so it reads the router as soon as it turns on. Only been happening recently, strange.

Probably your PS3 is ready to connect before router is fully on.
    Disable auto sign-in on PS3 and allow router time to be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Probably your PS3 is ready to connect before router is fully on.
    Disable auto sign-in on PS3 and allow router time to be ready.

Had tried that, stil doesn't connect. I setup a new internet connection and same thing. Very weird altogether, ah i'll get over it I spose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement