Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

879474518.png

In Galway trying out a friends 3 modem, seems to be much better than when I first got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

jay93 wrote: »
    878803595.png

20339824.png

I wants that :(:mad:

879499945.png

My conncetion keeps failing and coming up with limited connectivity :mad:

879591210.png
    Another test....when is peak time so I can test it again?

Walkman wrote: »
    879591210.png

jesus that would be difficult depending on the demographics of teh users in your area

how many students using it, how many people logging in after coming home from work and when theya rre home and the numbers of unemployed...

Peak would be between 10am and 10pm jsut to be on a safe margin of error

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Walkman wrote: »
    879591210.png

them tests are good for during the day peak times 10am-10pm but when it gets real busy is about half 7 -10pm in the evening for me anyways..
    is your connection not as good as this ?:o

• Advertisement

I wants that :(:mad:

879499945.png

My conncetion keeps failing and coming up with limited connectivity :mad:

lol i can only usually get it that fast after 10pm at night before that it does be slower tough..your connection seems to be suffering today maybe there is a problem in your area with the local cell :mad::mad:
    will test mine in about 15mins just waiting for downloads to finish :D:D
    i mostly wait till the speed goes upto 5-6mb at night before i bother to start bigger downloads cos it can take an age during the day

879688487.png
    Another one, I just noticed the time on the speedtest is an hour behind, I just did that one

879702937.png

these are my peak time speeds not to bad could be alot worse can still use youtube witout it stopping to buffer :)
    yep the speedtest website is hosted by speakeasy inc in the USA so the time is a hour behind the uk and ireland and other GMT areas as we put our clocks forward at diffeant times of the year :cool::cool:
    interesting how the tests seems to maintaing 3.5-4mb/s must be a quiet cell :P

lol i can only usually get it that fast after 10pm at night before that it does be slower tough..your connection seems to be suffering today maybe there is a problem in your area with the local cell :mad::mad:
    will test mine in about 15mins just waiting for downloads to finish :D:D
    i mostly wait till the speed goes upto 5-6mb at night before i bother to start bigger downloads cos it can take an age during the day

my cell is fairly contended with users so the max i get these days is 2.7mbps - still speed isnt an issue - consistancy and decent pings is what i want ( and no I dont have afixed line option :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

879832670.png
    Past few days the speeds have been all over the place, not good speeds at that. Using the ZTE622 because the E5830 has decided it doesn't want to work any more so i'm back to the lovely random disconnections tonight.

• Advertisement

879832670.png
    Past few days the speeds have been all over the place, not good speeds at that. Using the ZTE622 because the E5830 has decided it doesn't want to work any more so i'm back to the lovely random disconnections tonight.

Mine decided to freeze up as well but a good long charge via usb or plug with it off can solve that - battery is an odd thing in it - it can be green for weeks and then die all of a sudden so its worth taking note of :)

my cell is fairly contended with users so the max i get these days is 2.7mbps - still speed isnt an issue - consistancy and decent pings is what i want ( and no I dont have afixed line option :P )

same here the cell seems fine during the day when it hits about 6pm-10pm it drops from the good 3-6mb to about 0.60-1.5 which still isnt to bad
    all i want is good pings and a service that is consistant which i dont seem to have any problem getting :D:D
    can get fixed line no problem here just previous owners of the house racked up a huge bill with eircom and wont release the line untill we pay them which we will not do so mobile is only option for us :rolleyes::rolleyes:

same here the cell seems fine during the day when it hits about 6pm-10pm it drops from the good 3-6mb to about 0.60-1.5 which still isnt to bad
    all i want is good pings and a service that is consistant which i dont seem to have any problem getting :D:D
    can get fixed line no problem here just previous owners of the house racked up a huge bill with eircom and wont release the line untill we pay them which we will not do so mobile is only option for us :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ok well thats a load of BS from eircom - it may be the same line but the customers are different - if you ring magnet or another fixed ISP they might release the line to them otherwise they could be locking you from accessing anotehr service which you are allowed to do

sounds like a call to comreg even if you dont use it for anything but you might want to so you haev a right to have the line in operation if you want it

879832670.png
    does the ZTE modem disconnect you alot??ive just ran into a serious problem tonight the connection just dropped on me all of a sudden then windows xp seems to think the modem does not exist anymore re-installed software for the modem picks up on signal but when i hit connect it says its disconnected.have tried all 3 modems i have ..the o2 e1752 modem which is the one i have been posting recent tests off the vodafone k3765 and also a 3 E160G modem all keep saying disconnected..all modems are unlocked and its doing my damn head in :mad::mad::mad: its been very bad since going back to windows xp a week ago connections keep hanging on loading pages etc..i taught windows 7 was bad but at least my bloody modems worked with it so im going to install windows 7 again because xp is a heap of junk currently using a unsecured wifi in my area to get a copy of windows 7 from microsoft 2GB file taking a age to download if the install goes well ill throw up a few speedtests tomorrow

Mine decided to freeze up as well but a good long charge via usb or plug with it off can solve that - battery is an odd thing in it - it can be green for weeks and then die all of a sudden so its worth taking note of :)
    I will try that thanks.
    does the ZTE modem disconnect you alot??ive just ran into a serious problem tonight the connection just dropped on me all of a sudden then windows xp seems to think the modem does not exist anymore re-installed software for the modem picks up on signal but when i hit connect it says its disconnected.have tried all 3 modems i have ..the o2 e1752 modem which is the one i have been posting recent tests off the vodafone k3765 and also a 3 E160G modem all keep saying disconnected..all modems are unlocked and its doing my damn head in :mad::mad::mad: its been very bad since going back to windows xp a week ago connections keep hanging on loading pages etc..i taught windows 7 was bad but at least my bloody modems worked with it so im going to install windows 7 again because xp is a heap of junk currently using a unsecured wifi in my area to get a copy of windows 7 from microsoft 2GB file taking a age to download if the install goes well ill throw up a few speedtests tomorrow
    The ZTE is just annoying, if i'm not streaming or downloading it will disconnect or hang and not work until i disconnect and reconnect. Mostly during peak times but can happen anytime, never had the issue with the E5830.

EDIT: Seems the charging did the trick, cheers warlikedave
    880000410.png

I will try that thanks.

The ZTE is just annoying, if i'm not streaming or downloading it will disconnect or hang and not work until i disconnect and reconnect. Mostly during peak times but can happen anytime, never had the issue with the E5830.

EDIT: Seems the charging did the trick, cheers warlikedave
    880000410.png

ZTE must not be a good modem :rolleyes:
    good to see your E5830 is working again seemed like a simple fix:)
    got windows 7 installed modem is working alot better under this system than in xp :D

880106068.png

@ downwithpeace - no problem dude :D

880127566.png

I think the ZTE is around a year and a half to two years old now so it could just be dieing slowly but handy as a back up for the just incase days :)
    880761207.png

Good to see your modem is working better too jay93.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

look at my BROADBAND speeds this evening

880826086.png

Thats the highest ping i've ever seen:eek:

880849760.png

880850673.png

• Advertisement

880848674.png

result from o2 speedtest site:

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 4682 kbps (585.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1376 kbps (172 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 82 ms
    15 July 2010 19:33:03

mayo.mick wrote: »

880826086.png

my god:eek::eek: what the hell that is really bad im suprised the speedtest site even loaded with the brodband being like that something must be up at vodafone because that is more than contention :eek::(

I think the ZTE is around a year and a half to two years old now so it could just be dieing slowly but handy as a back up for the just incase days :)
    880761207.png

Good to see your modem is working better too jay93.

ah right the ZTE must be dieing of old age lol:)
    always good to have a backup modem alright in case something goes wrong with your modem :cool:
    thanks im happy tht it is finally working full steam now my older system didnt seem to like the modems but windows 7 does :D
    i shall be getting the new 3 mifi next month the E585 with the screen on it so looking forward to that the plug in modems can be a nuicense at times:rolleyes:!!

my god:eek::eek: what the hell that is really bad im suprised the speedtest site even loaded with the brodband being like that something must be up at vodafone because that is more than contention :eek::(

It took a while to load allright, i'd say it has something to do with the weather ( heavy rain and thunder at the moment ) i'm only about 500 mtrs from the mast.

mayo.mick wrote: »

880826086.png

Back to more normal again :)
    880888420.png

the weather has got worse and teh results are better - 1 bar of HSDPA :eek:

880993118.png

usually have two HSDPA bars (when no HSPA) with slighly slower speeds and 160ms plus pings

wierd

thats odd the recommended server for 3 went to mexico WTF??
    881843227.png

tested to dublin

881845982.png

20484634.png

881872715.png
    Not a bad download speed, for now.

882266215.png

in the uk using hotels wifi not to bad not great expected more from a hotel than this!!still its a change from mobile BB :D:D also have my 3 dongle with me was very slow here in the uk

• Advertisement

882863348.png
    :mad:

Advertisement