Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FroYo for Nexus One Link inside here

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

That's also the rumored release date of the Droid X...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just read on engadget that south Korea get the nexus on June 21st with Froyo preloaded so maybe they'll push it out then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Service pack for those who took the unofficial Froyo.

Not bothering myself.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/19/new-froyo-android-2-2-build-for-nexus-one-leaked.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Bugger! I was hoping we'd be getting it this week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

JohnK wrote: »
    Bugger! I was hoping we'd be getting it this week :(

Given that the first 2.2 phone has gone on sale in south Korea (ok it's just a nexus one, but still it is being sold with 2.2 as standard) and given what plans to be an over the top launch for the motorola X tomorrow I would say that hopefully it should be released this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

Update on official froyo, well not much of an update tbh!
    Spotted it over on xda initially...

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?fid=488da0ef21660d1300048994d2e4bf4c&hl=en&hltp=1

Ry Guy
    Google Employee

6/22/10

Hey guys,
    Just dropping in to let you know that the FRF72 build that is floating around is not the official update. The Android team is feverishly working to get a final version out the door, but like passion-ate has mentioned this will only happen once a release candidate meets our quality criteria.

Since today is the Summer Solstice, we know things will be heating up a bit so hopefully Froyo will be on its way shortly. Thanks for your continued patience!

-Ry Guy

Did you find this answer helpful?
    Sign in to vote.
    Report abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

FRF83 is supposed to be the final version, and is apparently going OTA to Nexus Ones now. I went to FRF72 so had to manually update to FRF83, but full details on doing it manually are here:

http://androidspin.com/2010/06/23/how-to-get-android-2-2-build-frf83-from-any-stock-build/

I tried the "Checkin" method method mentioned in that post and that didn't do anything (that I could see anyway). Must find out what that actually is supposed to do :)

So far FRF83 seems nice and smooth - I felt FRF72 was a step back from FRF50. Listening to some music now to see if the bug where playback just stops after a while is fixed :)

ceejay wrote: »
    I tried the "Checkin" method method mentioned in that post and that didn't do anything (that I could see anyway). Must find out what that actually is supposed to do :)
    Did you get the message checkin success in the notification bar? If not you might have used one of the wrong codes floating around. Other than that notification though nothings happened for me so no froyo yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

So far FRF83 seems nice and smooth - I felt FRF72 was a step back from FRF50. Listening to some music now to see if the bug where playback just stops after a while is fixed :)

I keep getting:

E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm still on FRF50 on my January N1 :( multiple checkins, but no OTA appearing for me.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I'm still on FRF50 on my January N1 :( multiple checkins, but no OTA appearing for me.

I manually updated to FRF83(not rooted) and tbh there's not a huge difference from FRF50. Browser seems a little faster,that's all i've come across so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Think i'll wait for the OTA update this time. I've been manually updating the various builds so far. Last time there was an OTA update i didn't get it until the friday so we'll wait and see.:)

Well if you don't want to wait and are happy to install yourself, here's the download link:

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Well if you don't want to wait and are happy to install yourself, here's the download link:

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip

Does that work if already on FRF50?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

HTC: expect Desire, Legend and Wildfire to get Froyo 'beginning in Q3'

It's summer. It's hot. Naturally, everyone wants to lick some frozen dessert in one form or another. Shortly after the Nexus One got its absolutely official Android 2.2 update, HTC has once again leaped out to tell us of its own Froyo offering. The Taiwanese mobile giant has informed Recombu that it's expecting "several of our 2010 models including Desire, Legend and Wildfire" to join Google's latest green bot party "beginning in Q3." We went to the trouble of confirming this with HTC ourselves, and while this isn't really much of an update from the company's previous statement in terms of time frame, here's hoping that at least some of its customers will get the delivery before the summer fiesta ends.

PH4T wrote: »
    Does that work if already on FRF50?

Should work for any stock Nexus One.

I'm now on FRF85B :)

Advertisement