Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone planning to do with the LC?! (In college?. )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

Medicine...but it's slowly looking like Nursing now. Thanks LC, you're a champ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Hopefully BIS in UCC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

computing in DIT or ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Engineering in TCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

my first choice is optometry in dit but now i dont think im gonna get the points :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Earth Science - Trinity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Earth Science - Trinity :p
    snap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭germanicus

Undenominated Engineering in N.U.I.G. Hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cumarsaid - NUIG hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

economics and finance-ucd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Computer Science in trinity then comp science in dit if i dont get about 400 points:cool: wanna go into games programming always been interested in that but ill probably go into tht and say wtf is going on here :P we will see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    I have journalism down but I don't think I did too well in the exams (unless I pull an A1 out of economics!) So I have hpss in UL also which I would be very happy to get into aswell! :D

Journalism in DCU? I have that down. I haven't seen/met/read about anyone else with it down yet. It makes you wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Still holding out hope for Medicine, anywhere, but the HPAT could be a problem as well as points but we'll see. If not, I'll be going to Queen's (for Medicine) or Aberdeen (for Pharmacy). If all of that fails :(, I'll take anything I'm given and do Graduate Medicine afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

fauxshow wrote: »
    First of all, I'm a girl. Second of all, you don't even know me... I've explained logically my reasons for weighing up different law faculties and ultimately deciding that Trinity law is the place I'm putting number one on my CAO. You don't even know me, let alone enough about to jump to wild assumption that I'm ''clearly going to TCD based on possible future ego's.'' Whatever your opinion on TCD may be, if you read my post properly I don't think you can argue (in a rather offensive manner I might add) that this is a load of ''rubbish.'' I'm guessing you already had your mind made up about me before you even read the first sentence.

oh god everyone just relax in this fight. You won't get too far in TCD Law with petty fights like this. If you do make it you will meet some of the most intelligent lecturers and students you'll ever encounter which I am sure is the same in every law course but trust me no one will respect people who engage in such nonsensical carry on and that is coming from a current tcd law student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Enid. wrote: »
    Journalism in DCU? I have that down. I haven't seen/met/read about anyone else with it down yet. It makes you wonder...

Nope UL! Don't have a hope of getting the points for DCU. Haven't heard of anyone else going for journalism really either...hopefully....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Might be seeing

you
    Kersmash wrote: »
    Computer science, UCC.

you
    ColSheehan wrote: »
    Hopefully Computer Science in UCC, been interested in the course since I first heard about it 2 years ago :) If not there's always Software Development/Computing in CIT or Arts :)

and you
    This, Arts, or hopefully, Law, all in UCC

next year, computer science UCC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

Business and law UCD, anyone else thinking of it?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RUARIDHT10

I'm acting quite indecisive at the moment anyone else having the same problem? I have Vet Nursing down in UCD and product design and multimedia as my second and third choices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Finanace and accounting/ finanace and economics @ NUIM.
    I need 405 points for accounting.
    I need 375 for economics.

They all increased by 20 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I really wanted English in TCD, but the LC was an absolute disaster and now I don't know what to do! I've never been to Maynooth or UCD and, as they're my no.3 & 4 on the CAO, chances are I'll be getting one or the other. Having said that, 440 is looking like a bit of a stretch at the moment, I really messed up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Ditzie wrote: »
    my first choice is optometry in dit but now i dont think im gonna get the points :(

yea i have optometry down first.
    i applied to the ucas as well

i think i could still get the points if physics goes well.
    if it doesnt im screwed!
    i dont have a 2nd choice (that i want to do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

I have medicine ucd number one atm but I'm also having second thoughts about it...i've talked to lots of doctors, one said she wouldn't have done it in hindsight and advised me against doing it as it takes up a huge amount of your life, another said it was a great choice and she's really happy with it and that it gives lots of options in life. I don't know what it is that will determine which of those experiences of medicine I might have which is pretty worrying!
    Otherwise, maybe B.Comm International :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurenD

yeah im thinking B n L in UCD aswell!seriously dodge about the points tho.. worked reasonably well all year so i thought in the end "it wud all be grand" and everything would just fall into place during the actual exams. im still yet to walk out of an exam and think "yeah that went really well". im really curious about whether theyl mark the exams easy because there seems to be alot of unhappy students this year. it actually almost seemed like the mocks were easier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

laurenD wrote: »
    yeah im thinking B n L in UCD aswell!seriously dodge about the points tho.. worked reasonably well all year so i thought in the end "it wud all be grand" and everything would just fall into place during the actual exams. im still yet to walk out of an exam and think "yeah that went really well". im really curious about whether theyl mark the exams easy because there seems to be alot of unhappy students this year. it actually almost seemed like the mocks were easier....

Totally agree there does seem to be a lot more unhappier people this year... i repeated and im finding compared to last year people are working a lot harder and they really dedicated to their work... hope it pays off for everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I have medicine ucd number one atm but I'm also having second thoughts about it...i've talked to lots of doctors, one said she wouldn't have done it in hindsight and advised me against doing it as it takes up a huge amount of your life, another said it was a great choice and she's really happy with it and that it gives lots of options in life. I don't know what it is that will determine which of those experiences of medicine I might have which is pretty worrying!
    Otherwise, maybe B.Comm International :P

I know I've wanted to do medicine all of 6th year up until this point, having a bit of a CAO breakdown and wondering if I'm better off just doing TSM in Trinity. I suppose the HPAT will decide for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'm going to do a bit of switching around on Wednesday after chemistry.
    Had a disaster in French so that took a lot of my marks from me :(
    I'm still so undecided I'm thinking science omnibus in UCD, it seems like it's more flexible than the one in Trinity but I'll have to check it again. The stress.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Victoria. wrote: »
    I'm going to do a bit of switching around on Wednesday after chemistry.
    Had a disaster in French so that took a lot of my marks from me :(
    I'm still so undecided I'm thinking science omnibus in UCD, it seems like it's more flexible than the one in Trinity but I'll have to check it again. The stress.:confused:

I know! It's now come to the point where we actually have to make real decisions! Agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

SYLT wrote: »

Points will be 590! :eek:

WHAT?!? That's ridiculous! I'm hoping to do European Studies in Trinity and if the points go up one could say I'm 'rightly ****ed'. I've worked so hard and I will be piissssed if I don't get it!! But seriously 590 for economics? Insane.

Does anyone know about a UCD course similar to European Studies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

anyone have arts in galway down? looks like ill be going there now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Comp. Science in Trinity hopefully...

Advertisement