Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone planning to do with the LC?! (In college?. )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I want Medicine in Trinity... but it's slipping out of my hands more and more with every exam :P I'll be happy with TSM psychology and world religions and theology or history in Trinity though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I'm very indecisive but at the moment I'm thinking engineering in trinity.

Hi5:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

No idea after the way the last two weeks went! Hoping something to do with Science, if not arts would be fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I have journalism down but I don't think I did too well in the exams (unless I pull an A1 out of economics!) So I have hpss in UL also which I would be very happy to get into aswell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Was planning on Psychology but I think a lack of points and passing maths will prevent that. Hoping for Arts in Maynooth/Trinity if all else fails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

Points for veterinary anyone? general consensus is that its 555? Do ye think that will go up/down?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

cxh20y wrote: »
    Points for veterinary anyone? general consensus is that its 555? Do ye think that will go up/down?

I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if you could answer mine! Do you of any back ways into becoming a vet? I know you can go off & get a qualification fairly easily in like Hungary & places abroad like that, but do you know of any Level 7 courses you can do, & then work your way up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

ajjmk wrote: »
    I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if you could answer mine! Do you of any back ways into becoming a vet? I know you can go off & get a qualification fairly easily in like Hungary & places abroad like that, but do you know of any Level 7 courses you can do, & then work your way up?

Yeah if you do any science degree, you can do post grad in veterinary medicine. It would last 4 years instead of 5. Its competitive but do able!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 8888

architecture UCD? i think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

nursing in cork or galway...

hopefullly now.. but with the way maths went im not 2 sure...X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Computer science, UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Creative Digital Media in Tallaght IT, hopefully. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

Medicine in Trinity, but after today's exams....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

kieran--f wrote: »
    dont go to the pale ul all turn into snoby college freaks

really do you think..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

Law and Political Science in Trinity... not so sure I'm going to get it, I'm pretty sure I've lost my A1s in French and Irish with how the exams went :( It came in at 555 last year, which was its first year, and with only 20 places it could very well go up.

My second choice is pure law in Trinity... I'd be just as happy doing that, just law & pol is the creme de la creme of all the law courses! That was 520 last year and is likely to come DOWN five or ten points because of a drop in demand, so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Hoping for Multimedia in DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

8888 wrote: »
    architecture UCD? i think!!

Me too :D!

Architecture D.I.T as a second.

fauxshow wrote: »
    Law and Political Science in Trinity... not so sure I'm going to get it, I'm pretty sure I've lost my A1s in French and Irish with how the exams went :( It came in at 555 last year, which was its first year, and with only 20 places it could very well go up.

Ah now. There's always the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

zam wrote: »
    Ah now. There's always the guards

Ah now, chances of a leaving cert student getting in to the gardai is: Ah Now, SLIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

English up in Trinity. It certainly won't happen. Or Psychology in UCC. There's another one which won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

0.M.GXX wrote: »
    really do you think..?

Well it happened me sister she now thinks shes too good for everything and so mature cos shes 20 (which means she knows so much more about life then me becaus im 18) and wears bright clothes and watches dem mtv shows but I guess its up to you who you become

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

kieran--f wrote: »
    Well it happened me sister she now thinks shes too good for everything and so mature cos shes 20 (which means she knows so much more about life then me becaus im 18) and wears bright clothes and watches dem mtv shows but I guess its up to you who you become

Well I'm sure your sister is not reflective of the tens of thousands of college students in Trinity, UCD, DCU and DIT... I like mtv shows and wearing bright clothes and I'm from ''The Pale'' oh God I'm awful like! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

ajjmk wrote: »
    Hi5:D:cool:

Well I only got this idea into my head a couple days ago but I'm pretty keen!

Don't do physics though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

fauxshow wrote: »

My second choice is pure law in Trinity... I'd be just as happy doing that, just law & pol is the creme de la creme of all the law courses! That was 520 last year and is likely to come DOWN five or ten points because of a drop in demand, so fingers crossed!

Aha, same here! Well, except for the A in Irish...I was only ever going for a B1. Wanted an A1 in English badly and messed it up somethin' serious, and French was a disaster because I'm an idiot.

Is there really a drop in demand for straight Law in Trinity? That'd make me so happy...really genuinely freaking out over the points and any hope that they might come down would save my mental health over summer! That said, I don't think even if they do fall that it's still in my grasp. Ugh, silly exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Hoping for Computer Science and I.T. at NUIG but think I f*cked up my maths exam and you need a B3 to get in :(

Failing that Biotechnology or Undenomonated science at NUIG or Computer science at UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

0.M.GXX wrote: »
    really do you think..?
    Definitely. You'll be sipping lattes and debating Trotskyism within two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

DGRulz wrote: »
    Was planning on Psychology but I think a lack of points and passing maths will prevent that. Hoping for Arts in Maynooth/Trinity if all else fails.

Well hoping to do Psych in Maynooth, maybe through arts if I don't get the points.. You're not guarenteed the place after 1st year but sure meh.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Computer Systems in UL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

French at Sorbonne (Paris)... :D Can't wait to leave this sh*thole wretched country!

• Advertisement

mark.oc wrote: »
    Definitely. You'll be sipping lattes and debating Trotskyism within two weeks.

We're all clearly doomed, best not to pursue any kind of third level education just in case!

Advertisement