Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band: Green Day

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Suppose I'll pick this up, if only to throw it into the collection :P

ya big liar! U want it bad!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Haha, it's not so much the band as it is the fact that it seems a step backwards from B:RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Suppose I'll pick this up, if only to throw it into the collection :P

Pick it up, play everything once, then give it to me.

Kthxbai.

I don't think you understand the concept of a collection :P Pick it up yourself, lazy yoke!

I don't think you understand the concept of a collection :P Pick it up yourself, lazy yoke!

It's 60 fecking euro! That's more than my all my RB instruments cost :mad:

It's a stupid collection if you don't play the damn game.... I on the other hand, would totally make use of it :D Gimmmmmmmmmme :pac:

• Advertisement

€60? Where the hell have you been looking at it? Check out HMV or Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was there anywhere doing instrument bundles or game and guitar deal more so?
    Someone I know is looking for one.

€60? Where the hell have you been looking at it? Check out HMV or Gamestop.

It was 60 in Smyths.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Was there anywhere doing instrument bundles or game and guitar deal more so?
    Someone I know is looking for one.

Smyths have the game, guitar, mic & drum set all for 50 yo-yos at the moment.

Hotaru wrote: »

Ah nice one , didn't know if smyths were still doing them at that price.
    Looks like my friend will be dusting the cobwebs off her wii later :D

Wait, what?! Shouldn't that be like 150 euro? Did u see it for the Xbox or is that Wii?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wait, what?! Shouldn't that be like 150 euro? Did u see it for the Xbox or is that Wii?

I bought it there last week for the PS3 and it was indeed 50 for the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

how much is it in hmv/game/gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

billy joe has one of the most irratating voices known to man

I bought it there last week for the PS3 and it was indeed 50 for the whole thing!

Wow! What a deal! Wired or wireless instruments?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow! What a deal! Wired or wireless instruments?

Well the guitar is wireless, the other two are wired.
    It was a purty sweet deal alright :D

Well the guitar is wireless, the other two are wired.
    It was a purty sweet deal alright :D

alright whenever Mexico finish up i'll head down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So whos up for a game tonight.

allanb49 wrote: »
    So whos up for a game tonight.

I have my copy but I'm up at home visiting for the week end and they have stupid vodafone "broadband" so the pings are through the roof :mad:

Had a quick look around in town earlier

Prices: Smyths : 59.99
    Xtravision : 54.99
    Gamestop :49.99
    HMV: 44.99

calex71 wrote: »
    I have my copy but I'm up at home visiting for the week end and they have stupid vodafone "broadband" so the pings are through the roof :mad:

Had a quick look around in town earlier

Prices: Smyths : 59.99
    Xtravision : 54.99
    Gamestop :49.99
    HMV: 44.99
    Oh, that almost looks like I was right! Would you believe it, Hotaru!

This game would be fun I think if not for the wonky guitar i have to use here until I get back to my own place. Buttons that randomly dont work are not so much fun :mad:

Edit: the GS cut off's for bass seem to be even harder than the beatles, from my sums it's impossible to get 5GS on some of the bass songs I played solo

And the cymbal noise when the drummer uses overdrive is kind of annoying but also draws you attention to it so you use yours too, kind of a + and - for me there.

After a few hours of it on a now dead guitar , the setlist really is starting to be a problem for me, I'm finding that dookie is just no fun at all on guitar even though I love the songs I might change my mind on that when I drum and sing it. Not to play the old vs new greenday card but it really could have done with more nimrod if anything as it was one of the more varied of the earlier albums.

The fact there is only 3 venues means you are looking at the same thing over and over really and they are all kind of dark.

• Advertisement

This must not be selling well , taking ages to find 4 player games let alone 4 player expert games :mad:

I've got it, but haven't quite reached expert standard yet :P

But you're on the PS3 and therefore useless to us!

But you're on the PS3 and therefore useless to us!

Ah, so I am!

XBOX is eh, stupid anyway :pac:

About as useless as an Onion without a game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

I bought GreenDay RB the other night only to remember my instruments are all Guitar Hero. :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get the cheapest instrument sets? (ps3) My local smyths had them for €50 but sold out (liffey valley). Beatles or regular set is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Kav1892 wrote: »
    I bought GreenDay RB the other night only to remember my instruments are all Guitar Hero. :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get the cheapest instrument sets? (ps3) My local smyths had them for €50 but sold out (liffey valley). Beatles or regular set is fine.

they will work with rockband, i use a guitar hero guitar for rockband, always have. did you try your guitar hero instruments with green day rockband

They will 100% work fine , sure I was using a busted up GH2 Xplorer on it there on saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

mailrewop wrote: »
    they will work with rockband, i use a guitar hero guitar for rockband, always have. did you try your guitar hero instruments with green day rockband

No didnt try because I figured the drums are different? And from previous experience RB 1 wouldnt accept the instruments. But I'll try this evening, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I want to buy this, but I think I'll wait til it comes down in price a bit (hopefully Game will have it as one of their 'offers of the week' soon). I like Green Day for nostalgic reasons, and want to start getting RB practice again before part 3 roles around, so seems like a good way to get some nostalgic practice!

Advertisement