Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Féin office pipe-bombed.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Was there any damage or did it detonate at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It only partially went off. The damage wasn't great from what I've heard, but if it had of detonated fully - it could have caused serious damage as there is an oil heating shop door.

Mind boggling stuff. The vast vast majority of people both sides of the ideological divide loath to see anything of this nature. Luckily I was too young(or not even alive) to bear witness to the dark days. I have read of it in history books and the like. May it remain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

owenc wrote: »
    sinn fien bombed people?! Another reason not to vote for them and another reason for proof that they are terrorists.

owenc in post #14 where dlofnep said "its Sinn Fein" he wasn't saying Sinn Fein did the bombing. He was responding to this:
    ANXIOUS wrote:
    Any link to a news article on this? Or did the Ira seinn féin not report it to the psni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Personally, I'd condemn this outright.

There is, however, a certain level of karma given that SF refuse to condemn certain murders.......maybe they should condemn all murders and criminal activity too ?

But the fact remains that - to me - there are no "sides"........violent thugs are violent thugs......and should be hunted down and exterminated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Liam Byrne wrote: »

There is, however, a certain level of karma given that SF refuse to condemn certain murders.......maybe they should condemn all murders and criminal activity too ?

You either condemn it or you don't liam. Introducing "karma" in the next breath is just a smoke screen for having a go and gloat and pretending not to.

There is, however...

Could have fooled me.

Nodin wrote: »
    You either condemn it or you don't liam. Introducing "karma" in the next breath is just a smoke screen for having a go and gloat and pretending not to.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I condemn it.

Pointing out that SF don't do likewise is an observation based on their own track record; I don't have to agree with things or be assumed to "have a go" if I'm merely pointing out the facts, do I ?

If a DUP office was pipe-bombed tomorrow, Sinn Féin would condemn it. Infact, when an Orange Hall was attacked, Sinn Féin condemned it: http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/2875

You either condemn it, or you don't. Adding "but's", only dilutes your response. I doubt any sincerity in your post.

dlofnep wrote: »
    If a DUP office was pipe-bombed tomorrow, Sinn Féin would condemn it. Infact, when an Orange Hall was attacked, Sinn Féin condemned it: http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/2875

I think you know one of the events I'm referring to.
    You either condemn it, or you don't. Adding "but's", only dilutes your response.

The "but" was for a completely separate sentence. Quit misrepresenting.
    But the fact remains that - to me - there are no "sides"........violent thugs are violent thugs......and should be hunted down and exterminated.
    I doubt any sincerity in your post.

Doesn't bother me, tbh........I know what I mean, so that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Yes you do get them in very nationalist areas even in north east antrim!!! (very nationalist there) Though if your talking about irish road signs then no theres no need for them and its a waste of money.

Let me guess what side your on....

The views shared by people such as yourself is why the peace process won't be moving on any time soon.

"Let's vote for Iain Paisley JR", sure he might be one of the biggest bigots to ever walk the face of the earth, sure he is one of the worst politicians to ever walk the face of the earth but sure were from North Antrim and we want a Unionist in, no matter how stupid that person is.

Also your failure to condemn these attacks proves my point further.

derek1974 wrote: »
    nice to see shoe on other foot for a change....see how ira/sinn fein like a taster of what they dished out for years not to mention the missing bodies they can't remember where they dumped

Some people never learn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Osu wrote: »
    Let me guess what side your on....

The views shared by people such as yourself is why the peace process won't be moving on any time soon.

"Let's vote for Iain Paisley JR", sure he might be one of the biggest bigots to ever walk the face of the earth, sure he is one of the worst politicians to ever walk the face of the earth but sure were from North Antrim and we want a Unionist in, no matter how stupid that person is.

Also your failure to condemn these attacks proves my point further.

Some people never learn.

No i want a unionist in because i want to keep the union, not because i'm in a unionist area that is just plain stupid. What is all this condemn crap about?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Jaap

Anybody got any evidence it was loyalists who carried out this bombing??? As in articles from newspapers or websites???
    I think we have to be really careful before posting that what we say is what is accepted by newspapers and the PSNI...not by Mr Joe Bloggs who says his brother's wife's son says it was planted by such and such!!!
    Northern Ireland is a country where we need to deal in hard facts otherwise people get really stirred up about "the other side" and how they are "intimidating us".
    Good that it only partially exploding and no one was hurt!!!

What is all this condemn crap about?

Condemning - The act of voicing your discontent towards an action. In this case, it was a pipe-bombing of a Sinn Féin Office. Do you condemn it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Condemning - The act of voicing your discontent towards an action. In this case, it was a pipe-bombing of a Sinn Féin Office. Do you condemn it?

yes, of course!!!

Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

yes, of course!!!

Show a bit of class then will you. Took you 4 pages to finally condemn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Class indeed, shame the shinners didn't condemn all the murders & bombings carried out by their 'alter ego' over the decades, many was the time people were blown to bits by IRA car bomb's, pub bomb's bus bomb's, (and the condemnation by SF was conspicuous by its absence)!

Camelot wrote: »
    Class indeed, shame the shinners didn't condemn all the murders & bombings carried out by their 'alter ego' over the decades, many was the time people were blown to bits by IRA car bomb's, pub bomb's bus bomb's, (and the condemnation by SF was conspicuous by its absence)!
    Times have changed. Today Sinn Fein condemns all acts of violence and is 100% committed to the democratic process.

Yes they do, but it still sticks in the craw.

• Advertisement

That's your third post in this thread Camelot, and you have yet to condemn such actions. I am certain, if it was a republican bombing a DUP office, you would be quick to shake the finger.

And there's no need to leave belated, insincere condemnation now. I'll keep this thread in safe keeping for future use.

And there's no need to leave belated, insincere condemnation now. I'll keep this thread in safe keeping for future use.

You can keep what you like matey, your are not the 'boards.ie Police'.

I think this really needs to be adressed.

I havent been here on boards for too long but it is evident that if anyone supports SF in anything, the terrorist card gets played. Or as we see in this thread theres seems to be a vibe from certain posters that considering the past actions of IRA they so to say, reap what they sow. But of course this logic can never be used towards the British.

But if somone attemps to condem a Unionist/loyalist of any kind it is not long before the "Oh yeah 800 years :rolleyes:" gets played.

Or maybe thats just me? Boards as a whole seems very anti-republican and anti SF. For instance the case of the "DUP minister/SF Minister" thing we had the other day. Always very quick to condemn one side not another. And yes, if this thread were to be about dissident Republicans bombing a DUP office you can bet it would have provoked a much larger response.

You can keep what you like matey, your are not the 'boards.ie Police'.

I never said I was. I was just noting how quick you were to jump on any attacks on Unionists, but refused to condemn attacks on republicans.

If people had been hurt, (or worse), I would have waided in with disgust & condemnation against the perpetrators, but in this instance it was only some exterior paintwork that suffered. The bomb was wrong, & the scum that planted it are malicious airheads, devoid of reason.

If people had been hurt, (or worse), I would have waided in with disgust & condemnation against the perpetrators, but in this instance it was only some exterior paintwork that suffered. The bomb was wrong, & the scum that planted it are malicious airheads, devoid of reason.

The office was internally damaged. It doesn't matter if someone was hurt or not - the intent was there to hurt. Like I said previously - your belatedcondemnation (which I expected) is insincere and has no merit.

The office was internally damaged. It doesn't matter if someone was hurt or not - the intent was there to hurt. Like I said previously - your belatedcondemnation (which I expected) is insincere and has no merit.

You sound like you are marking an exam paper. Who do you think you are?

Anyway, I have said what I have said, and you can take it at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Winty wrote: »
    I dont usually have sympathy for Sinn Fein but this was an attack on the democratic process and all sides must deplore it.

the whole institution of stormont in the north is an insult to democracy. the first minister resigns sort of and the deputy first minister is not the person to take over. and they rarely get anything done when they are meeting.

but the point of stormont is not the same as a normal parliament. its sole purpose is to stop muppets killing one another. which it has done very effectively. so by being absolutely useless they achieved exactly what they were supposed to

the north: its a mad gaf

Anyway, I have said what I have said, and you can take it at face value.

Yeah, it only took you 5 posts to do it. Your first post was to question the legality of an Irish language street sign, rather than condemn a bomb-attack. I'm sure your intentions are noble :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

but the point of stormont is not the same as a normal parliament. its sole purpose is to stop muppets killing one another. which it has done very effectively. so by being absolutely useless they achieved exactly what they were supposed to

You misunderstand the purpose of stormont. It's not to "stop muppets from killing each other". It's to devolve power at a more local level, so that power is more balanced between both communities - and not controlled solely from across the sea.

Advertisement