Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash cloud on its way back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Only with respect to rich people going on holidays. Anyone else that experiences trouble because of it, I have nothing but sympathy for them.

WTF are you talking about?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That's OK. My jet is in for a service anyway. Bloody brake pads. I guess it'll be the yacht for the foreseeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

yay, im supposed to be coming home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I hate to sound like a cúnt, but as a student with feck all money, it gives me great pleasure to know that some rich tool won't get to go on holidays. As for the people who have to go away from or come to Ireland, because of an emergency, I feel sorry for them!

As a fellow student it gives me little pleasure to be unable to squander my grant in international locations.

Guess I'll just buy some books or something.

You realise rich people can just take their yacht instead right? It's the average joe I feel sorry for, saving up for a holiday despite the recession and getting shafted by a volcano. A BLOODY VOLCANO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hello, my name is Rich (to my friends, Richard to you!) Tool. I demand mr.djhunter30's post be removed immediately, post haste!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

ha is it just me or does there seem to be alot of students on here at the moment? just curious im also a student...supposed to be studying for exams... anyone else doing wat im doing and just sitting lookin at boards.ie for the past 3 hours?

anyway jesus is this ash cloud showing us how mother nature can put us back in our place or wat :eek: !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sh1t my parents are visiting me in Boston and due to fly back to Shannon in the next couple of hours and arrive in Ireland at 6am tomorrow.

I loved having my parents over for the week...but god help me if I'm stuck with them for a couple of weeks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

FOR FÚCKS SAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I hate to sound like a cúnt, but as a student with feck all money, it gives me great pleasure to know that some rich tool won't get to go on holidays. As for the people who have to go away from or come to Ireland, because of an emergency, I feel sorry for them!

Ah yes, I see a great future ahead of you young man,full of dreams and bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

PEOPLE, PEOPLE,
    look, my brother is already gone to australia, so there's nothing to worry about with this ash cloud. he's gone, nothing else matters :D

I miss my brother :(

Hope it's not as bad as last time. is the volcano still erupting??
    can't chuck norris just roundhouse kick and shut that volcano up? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ferriey companies rubbing their hands again, people will book them if there is any doubt in air travel. Irish Ferries had a 700% increase in booking during the first ash cloud period.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My passport is out of date i have no money to spend on holidays this year so i dont give a flying **** about an ash cloud from Iceland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ferriey companies rubbing their hands again, people will book them if there is any doubt in air travel. Irish Ferries had a 700% increase in booking during the first ash cloud period.

I've no problem with seeing O'Leary suffer a little :D

Feel sorry for the poor buggers who will miss out on hard earned hols tho':(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ha is it just me or does there seem to be alot of students on here at the moment? just curious im also a student...supposed to be studying for exams... anyone else doing wat im doing and just sitting lookin at boards.ie for the past 3 hours?

anyway jesus is this ash cloud showing us how mother nature can put us back in our place or wat :eek: !!

I'm supposed to be studying but have spent the whole last 4 weeks posting:eek:

Mother Nature can be one imposing biatch alright!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

mike65 wrote: »
    The ash is harmless

djhunter30 you are indeed sounding like a cúnt

Ah leave im alone, he's(?) just being a typical student, thinking of himself and his grant and his next 6 pack of Dutch Gold and clipping coupons for the local 4star pizza so he can wreck the delivery drivers head. I don't have issues with students, I don't have issues with students, I don't have issues with students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Wheres the martians when you need them ,they'll sort everything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Ash shatuppya face!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Apparently they made the decision at 8pm. Does anyone know the website it would be on?
    Thankss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

poisonated wrote: »
    Apparently they made the decision at 8pm. Does anyone know the website it would be on?
    Thankss

maybe rte news site??? Or the Irish aviation authority . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

poisonated wrote: »
    Thankss

They're making a call on it at 8.30 - http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html

You'll be able to find updates on the RTE news website I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sky News have been breaking the story since about 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I was suppose to buy tickets to france this weekend but I never got around to it. +1 for laziness. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    I was suppose to buy tickets to france this weekend but I never got around to it. +1 for laziness. =]
    can this volcano keep billowing ash for years or what is the story
    i know there is an even bigger vol that could start, that will bring everything to an even bigger standstill,
    this will cause unease to anyone thinking of travelling
    as it is the unknown, natural occurrence

No idea what this graph means and what the timeline is for the graphs but this is Iceland's met office prediction of the ash travel...Ireland looks fcuked http://metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1272908173.png Looks like somebody drew a few random lines over a map of europe with MS Paint...

TBH, would Iceland ever fup off for once, we are getting sick and tired of your sh1t economy and crappy volcanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

God damn it. Are Pavement in the country yet?

If this ash cloud ruins another gig for me I'm going to go to Iceland myself and there'll be words between me and this volcano. Words I tells ya!

Shiiiiiite. Flight of the Conchords have to get here on Wednesday too :(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html

All irish airports to be closed from 7am tomorrow.

My parents flight arrives in at 6:20am so fingers crossed they wont be disrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sh*t. Parents were supposed to be arriving back tomorrow after the rugby in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html

Confirmation

Irish airspace to be closed from 7am tomorrow. To be reviewed at 1pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

goat2 wrote: »
    can this volcano keep billowing ash for years or what is the story
    as it is the unknown, natural occurrence

Yeah, pretty much. If it's like the previous eruptions we could be looking at 2 or 3 years of disrupted flights over Europe with airports closing depending on which way the ash is blowing.

Advertisement