Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage type after coming off a fixed Rate?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I would appreciate some advice on this question.

After i come off my fixed rate with Ulster Bank what type of mortgage do i go onto?

Am i put back onto the previous (tracker) or do i get put onto a variable rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

in most cases you will go back onto whatever you were on beforehand.

However due to trackers being so expensive for the banks, they may try and put you back onto a variable and hope you don't notice.

You need to find the original letter stating that you were being put on the fixed rate and see what it says about the ending situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dublinarea

thanks for the reply.
    I got a letter from them stating that they acknowledged our request to go onto the fixed rate but it didnt mention anything about when we finish on it. I may ask for a copy of the form we sent them and see if it mentions anything on that.
    cheers

Advertisement