Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you going on Summer Holl's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

AYIA AYIA AYIA FCUKING NAPAAAA!!!

back to heaven :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

It'll take ya a long time if yr pointing at a map of Carlow.

Ehm, excuse you, thats on my places before I die list!

It'll take ya a long time if yr pointing at a map of Carlow.

ive been to carlow countless times and i think the town is lovely, way nicer than dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

marko91 wrote: »
    ive been to carlow countless times and i think the town is lovely, way nicer than dublin

Well if Dublin is the mark by which you set your standards...

Ehm, excuse you, thats on my places before I die list!

You'd want to hurry up - it's due to be demolished in 2011. They were gonna build a bypass around it, but due to the recession, it was deemed cheaper to go straight through it. Apparantley, no-one even objected.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    When did holidays become some sort of God given right?

This isn't aimed at anyone in the thread, it's just weird that so many people assume everyone goes on holidays every year

ive allways taught that everyone goes on at leist 1 holiday a year, do people really find it hard to afford a holiday?..im not trying to start a war here but ive allready been to amsterdam this year and in august im going to cyprus for 3 weeks and then amsterdam or liverpool in october and im on the dole...surely if i can do that with myfew quid a week you can go on 1 holiday?...again aint trying to start nothing:omaby i shoudl X this instead of clicking reply:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Ballybunion.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I took a long weekend break to Fiji last week. Great place.
    Next trip is prob Ireland for christmas if I can afford it, if not, then to Thailand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

What about going out of Ireland on your own? I don't mean the whole student thing, just going on a sun holiday on your own. . I did this for the first time last year, to corfu, and had an amazing time...took a time to get somewhere without the single supplement, but would defo do it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

I've not done a sun holiday but have gone to eastern europe alone,i prefer it to holidaying with others.

• Advertisement

ive allways taught that everyone goes on at leist 1 holiday a year, do people really find it hard to afford a holiday?..im not trying to start a war here but ive allready been to amsterdam this year and in august im going to cyprus for 3 weeks and then amsterdam or liverpool in october and im on the dole...surely if i can do that with myfew quid a week you can go on 1 holiday?...again aint trying to start nothing:omaby i shoudl X this instead of clicking reply:pac:

Cripes - no wonder there was grumbles when the dole was cut. That's at least one holiday less for the unemployed!

I've travelled manys a time on my own & had no problems. I rarely argue with myself, make myself do something that I don't want to do or want to go somewhere that I don't want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Fakking Landon innit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

phasers wrote: »
    But why? Some people can't afford to pay their mortgages/ car loans but they then go and borrow money to go on some stupid holiday because it's the norm. I don't get it.
    Because we need a break. People have always one on holidays. It's just cheaper to fly out to some sunny spot, then to go somewhere in Ireland. Back in the day, my family would go camping in various camp-sites in Ireland.

=-=

Me, I'm going to Hellfest in Clisson in France for 3 days, then to Nantes in France for 2 days and a bit, during June with one of my best mates. Will be great fun. Looking forward to Fear Factory, Slayer, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Crobar, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Belgium and Holland ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Interrailing through Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

If anyone can suggest anywhere in the world where I can live on the cheap for three months, there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

If anyone can suggest anywhere in the world where I can live on the cheap for three months, there.
    Hi, You should seriously consider Thailand, It's a great place
    to visit and really cheap.
    There are some good options on this link

http://opentravel.com/blogs/the-cheapest-places-to-live-in-the-world-500-a-month/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My whole family pooled in to buy a villa in Spain. Wasn't that expensive for everyone. Nightmare to sort out dates though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

I carried over some holiday days from last year so have these ones booked for this year.

1 Week in Las Vegas
    2 Weeks in Kenya/Tansania
    1 Week in Barbados
    1 Week in Alaska

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ya still living at home with mammy and daddy?if ya were livin in the real world theres no way youd be able to pay your mortage,pay your bills ,feed and clothe yer kids etc and still go on holidays on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My daddy tells me we are buying a smaller house because our current house is too big and the electricity and gas keeps on stopping and a nice man in a yellow jack has to keep on coming out and fixing it.

So me and me 2 brothers will be in one big room.

I cannot wait for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭milkado

South East Asia for 2 months!! I'm a college student and can afford it, just gotta make it your saving priority haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Gonna go to Spain. Sangeria, sex, sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wales / Fuerteventura

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I'll almost definitely be going to Germany to visit the extended family for a weekend.
    I'm planning to go to Copenhagen for a weekend too! Lots of cycling in store.. really looking forward to that!
    And staying on the Island, probably a few weekend visits to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

you obviously aren't living on your own and supporting yourself :rolleyes:

i will hopefully be going to salou with my mam and the little 'un for a week in may. courtesy of BOM*

bank of mammy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Tullamore to see the family! See this is one part of the recession no one considers - return to high level emmigration means that those of us not living in Irl use up all our annual leave returning home - good that I can get over and back. But, who would chose 2 weeks in Tullamore over 2 weeks in somewhere a little bit more.... erm.. how do you put this.... appealing? Only the bloomin homesick thats who!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

We're going on our first proper holiday since 2006.

16 days in Negril, Jamaica. Can't wait!

Advertisement