Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it pointless reporting bad driving to Gardai?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninalucy1985

Thanks cookie monster, for your otherwise irrelevant reply.

I have great confidence in my driving I am driving years he did appear from nowhere..all I did was ask for some help on the topic...was not aware it was an old thread...

Highlight of my day, getting told check my mirrors from a 25 year old dub searching for an dispute.

Let me take this opp to FAIL your post.

First off, ignore the trolls. Second, dont worry about "dragging up old threads" - I get the same thing all the time - there are more people on here OBSESSING about thread dragging than actually willing to offer advice! Third, if you got the reg, report him. He may just get a slap on the wrist or a warning but this type of behaviour is unacceptable.

Thank you very much :)

What is the big issue with bringing up old threads?
    Alot of these topics are ongoing and if people are willnig to open a thread on them, i believe they should remove themselves if they do not wish to continue to receive updates.
    I will try report him least I will feel better about the situation then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bringing up old threads is frowned upon and against the charter. this is also the wrong forum for motoring issues; try motors or emergency services.

bringing up old thread is frowned upon and against the charter. this is also the wrong forum for motoring issues; try motors or emergency services.

Thats unrealistic.. I really think so, as I said alot of new threads are ongoing issues and newer users may want to contribute.

It may be frowned upon but by who? The users or the moderators?

Alot of people who use this site alot are very easy to jump on the bandwagon if a 'newbie' does something which is frowned upon.

I will try keep my posts to newer threads to save myself comments like the 1st one you posted me.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

bringing up old thread is frowned upon and against the charter. this is also the wrong forum for motoring issues; try motors or emergency services.

Didnt realise you were a moderator!

• Advertisement

Thats unrealistic.. I really think so, as I said alot of new threads are ongoing issues and newer users may want to contribute.

It may be frowned upon but by who? The users or the moderators?

Alot of people who use this site alot are very easy to jump on the bandwagon if a 'newbie' does something which is frowned upon.

I will try keep my posts to newer threads to save myself comments like the 1st one you posted me.
    Thanks.

Agreed. Sometimes if you search for key words or phrases older threads will come up in the results because they are related.

Thank you very much :)

Alot of these topics are ongoing and if people are willnig to open a thread on them, i believe they should remove themselves if they do not wish to continue to receive updates.
    I will try report him least I will feel better about the situation then ;)

Good idea. I think a lot of people dont report because they know nothing will be done, but this just feeds into the complacency whihc already exists within our system. I am guilty of it too to be honest, have taken people's reg in the heat of the moment and then not bothered to report them when I have cooled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Originally Posted by Cookie_Monster

Ninalucy1985: Thats unrealistic.. I really think so, as I said alot of new threads are ongoing issues and newer users may want to contribute.

I would tend to agree.

Motors would prob be the better of the two suggested as the likelyhood of having the thread locked in Emergency Services would be higher should any possible negativity re the Gardai raise it`s head.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

not much point reporting that driving as there is only your opinion that the van driver was driving badly.
    He might well retort that YOU were driving badly and perhaps pulled out in front of him and fortunately he was such a GOOD driver that he managed to avoid a collision and then you dithered all over the place before he finally managed to pass you (not saying you did, saying that might be HIS opinion)
    Move on, forget it ,next time start a new thread of your own would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

never worry about people appearing out of nowhere behind you as if they hit you from behind at any speed and for any reason they are liable, you can take them to the cleaners. Try to be more confidant also in others driving abilities as most van drivers are very competent in city driving in heavy traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You know who the real muppet is in this case ? The idiot in the NRA who decided to put the 120km/h speedlimit sign nearly at the junction of the sliproad at the motorway proper. What's the point in having let's say 400meter of sliproad when you can only do motorway speed on the last 100 meter of it. The whole point of a sliproad is that you accelerate up to motorway speed before you join the motorway proper, or have plenty of space to slow down when you're leaving the motorway on an exit sliproad so you don't need to slow down on the motorway proper.

As for the guy who was overtaking the OP on the left, not on.

Advertisement