Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cesar Millan show in Dublin

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Just seen that Cesar is playing the O2. Does anyone know what format the show takes...i.e. do you bring your dog along???

HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Where did you see that as its not on ticketmaster or the O2 website? I know hes in London alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Great thanks, tickets are very dear though so doubt ill be going.

Yeah tickets are pricey alright, but we're big fans and also my GF has a HUUUUGGGGGEEE crush on the guy :D

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I would doubt you could bring your dog - I'd say it's a human only viewing.
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9181747&ar=cesarmillan
    He may have dogs on the stage or whatever but can you imagine the chaos if even every 3rd person brought a dog? Highly highly doubtful you can. You probably watch him in action with dogs on the stage or he may explain techniques to the audience.

• Advertisement

Yeah kinda guessed it would be bedlam alright.
    Imagine the mess it'd leave behind for the cleaners :)
    Defo goin though, the guy is truly gifted

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ooooh am so excited! Thats goin on my xmas list :D Ive a little crush on him too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

This HAS to be attended... Yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

wow I wanna go, that man is seriously HOT! woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭leopardus

I'm sure the content will somehow be tailored towards those attending the I.K.C. show earlier that day. Can't imagine what he could possibly do though. It wouldn't take him long to talk through his dog training philosophy.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

I think the price of the tickets says it all, why anyone would pay that amount of money to go and listen to that so and so give outdated advice is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

star-pants wrote: »
    I would doubt you could bring your dog - I'd say it's a human only viewing.
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9181747&ar=cesarmillan
    He may have dogs on the stage or whatever but can you imagine the chaos if even every 3rd person brought a dog? Highly highly doubtful you can. You probably watch him in action with dogs on the stage or he may explain techniques to the audience.

It's a dogs only show folks. All humans to be tethered outside...or in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Yeah tickets are pricey alright, but we're big fans and also my GF has a HUUUUGGGGGEEE crush on the guy :D

HB
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Ooooh am so excited! Thats goin on my xmas list :D Ive a little crush on him too!

Ok I am going to answer the 2 of these posts with one word...........HOW?:D
    I dont see it! But then again, I cannot talk for everyone.
    peasant wrote: »

For every one person that agrees with Milans methods, there is one who does not, small taps to the neck and treadmills are not cruel! They are drastic in some peoples eyes, but the dogs are clearly as Milan says, rehabilitated. He has saved many pets, and in some cases relationships! And he does believe in affection to dogs, but only when the dogs are not jumping around like lunatics!

He knows what he's doing and how to milk it for everything it's worth, but damn it he does it well! The dogs he uses power against are always dogs that are either after biting or attempted to bite him. Aminals need to know that they are not permitted to harm humans. What if he didnt use power and a Pit-Bull savaged a child? He has 3 pitbulls, all of whom are great animals and clearly love Cesar! If he was cruel they would not be so happy to see him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

This quote form the great Ian Dunbar hits the nail on the head imho:

''Dogs aren't wolves, Dunbar says, generations of evolution separate the two animals. "Learning from wolves to interact with pet dogs makes about as much sense as, 'I want to improve my parenting -- let's see how the chimps do it!' "

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/15/CMGPHL9D1N1.DTL#ixzz0X97N10Sd

My advice: Hold on to your money until the next time Ian Dunbar comes to town. He held seminars in Dog Training Ireland this year and I'm hoping he will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

"If he was cruel they would not be so happy to see him!"

Plenty of dogs will be happy to see their owners even if the owner has been cruel, some of his methods make sense but others aren't fair on the dog.

Doing stuff with rescues doesn't automatically make him the best trainer around though.

Personally wouldn't waste my time or money on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

does anyone know what I need to text to O2 to get the pre-sale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I would never say he is the best trainer out there, but many of his methods do actually work. I do believe his ideas to do with exercise and keeping dogs at your heel are great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

How much are tickets?

He is seriously, yum. I've got to see him! His gorgeous smile! Mmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

merryhappy wrote: »
    This quote form the great Ian Dunbar hits the nail on the head imho:

''Dogs aren't wolves, Dunbar says, generations of evolution separate the two animals. "Learning from wolves to interact with pet dogs makes about as much sense as, 'I want to improve my parenting -- let's see how the chimps do it!' "

Doesn't Cesar base his methods on feral dogs he witnessed growing up in Mexico rather than wolf packs???
    I also once watched a documentary on Jane Goodall who based her parenting methods on how she witnessed her chimp groups do it - just an observation!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

lisajane wrote: »
    How much are tickets?

He is seriously, yum. I've got to see him! His gorgeous smile! Mmm
    43 to 105 euro......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hunterwelly

My advice: Hold on to your money until the next time Ian Dunbar comes to town. He held seminars in Dog Training Ireland this year and I'm hoping he will be back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DogStarDaily#p/u/0/Tk2sZftfZjc

Ian Dunbar using leash corrections? Does this mean you guys all have to start hating him now?

For what it's worth, I like both Dunbar and Milan. There's a lot we can learn from both. Both have good dog skills and neither are cruel to dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

My missus would be interested in that. I'll keep an eye out for tickets, but I'm not paying an extortionate amount for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Was buying my tickets this morning and I see all the €105 tickets are sold out!! Didn't realise Cesar was so popular on this island of ours :)

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Was buying my tickets this morning and I see all the €105 tickets are sold out!! Didn't realise Cesar was so popular on this island of ours :)

K

BF just told me he got me some of these tickets as part of my Xmas present, so I guess I'll be in the O2 in March!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

lrushe wrote: »
    BF just told me he got me some of these tickets as part of my Xmas present, so I guess I'll be in the O2 in March!!!!:)

The ones for €105? Private Q&A session with Cesar for you then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

I like him, have read and enjoyed his book and have learned a lot from watching his tv show. Just my opinion however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Shammy wrote: »
    Its the choke chains isnt it .....

not only ..it's more this kind of crap:
    For me, it's not an intellectual process. It's about instinct and intuition. I am a big believer that God will show me the way and that the dog will tell me what I need to do.
    :rolleyes:

from: http://www.cesarsway.com/askcesar/cesarspeaks/My-Mindset

Advertisement