Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Ultimate 'Modern Warfare 2' Pricing Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Shouldn't have called the thread "Collectors Editon" ...people might think you're talking about the MW2 Hardened Edition of the game ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

GameStop is selling it for €55. I have pre-ordered my copy there and going to pick it up today at midnight. As I have a PC version (from CoolShop) as well I will let it go if anyone is interested for €45 (GameStop Henry Street @ midnight).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RayCon wrote: »
    Shouldn't have called the thread "Collectors Editon" ...people might think you're talking about the MW2 Hardened Edition of the game ...
    It was a joke.. but fair enough, I'll remove it! ;)
    QenTox wrote: »
    GameStop is selling it for €55. I have pre-ordered my copy there and going to pick it up today at midnight. As I have a PC version (from CoolShop) as well I will let it go if anyone is interested for €45 (GameStop Henry Street @ midnight).
    Cheers QenTox. Will add that to OP.

Keep the personal sales to Adverts.ie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I went to order it in Harvey Norman's Limerick but they won't have it in stock until Wednesday. I'll be getting it in Tesco tonight I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there a collectors edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xtravision 60euro...Confirmed it for me yesterday, but I getting my copy in GAME or possibly Tesco, I am not sure...Will get the price in GAME today when I get home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is there a Harvey Norman in/near Tallaght?

Think there used to be one in the Square but it's PC World now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Xtravision 60euro...Confirmed it for me yesterday, but I getting my copy in GAME or possibly Tesco, I am not sure...Will get the price in GAME today when I get home...

Told me 30 minutes ago 49.99 - XV Midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

whiterebel wrote: »
    Told me 30 minutes ago 49.99 - XV Midleton

Hi Whiterebel,
    Are you saying that Xtra Vision told you they would be charging 49.99 for the game ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

GAME were unable to confirm their exact price when I called in at lunchtime today but advised they expect the normal version to retail for around the €60 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I went to order it in Harvey Norman's Limerick but they won't have it in stock until Wednesday. I'll be getting it in Tesco tonight I think.

They told me Thursday about an hour ago,,good old Harvey Norman.

Couldnt arrange a pissup in a brewery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

Anybody seen a good price for the PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Samsung wrote: »

AFAIK the PC version won't be out for a short while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Samsung wrote: »

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58074-modern-warfare-2-(call-of-duty)--for-pc

£24.99,comes to about €28. Free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

trooney wrote: »
    AFAIK the PC version won't be out for a short while yet.

No,its out tomorrow as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

claiva wrote: »
    Hi Whiterebel,
    Are you saying that Xtra Vision told you they would be charging 49.99 for the game ?

Yep, although she did say "about"..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

basquille wrote: »
    Seriously.. no more MW2 threads!

Below are the confirmed prices so far from various online and offline stores:

Its €65 in Gamestop for the standard ed for Xbox and €90 for the Hardened ed.

Its €55 for standard and €70 for hardened in Xtra Vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

tvnutz wrote: »

Anyone buy from here before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Azphyxi8 wrote: »

i went in about 12 and they weren't going to give it to me said the deal was only valid yesterday, i said they were still doin the deal in some of the dublin branches, the guy still said no it was only on yesterday.. Then my mammy asked to speak to the manager was waiting prob about a half hour and finally they came back and said yeah you can have it for 37.77 i don't remember them saying anything about it not been there till wednesday, but they could of said something i was just happy to get it for the price..

i did hear the girl saying that they had ten copies and 3 had been pre booked yesterday so i say they were told they could sell the ten copies for 37.77 and that was it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Got home and the PS3 version arrived in the post from www.coolshop.co.uk :D
    Invoice says 37.98 (sterling). Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Darn Harvey Norman charged me 55 today! Rang them yesterday and they said i could pay 37 today, however when i got in there i was told they were only permitted to sell for €55, talked to the guy who i had been on the phone to and he was extremely apologetic. Bought it anyway cos i was too lazy to go anywhere else. Now just have to pick it up on the way home tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

Walsh wrote: »
    Anyone buy from here before?

Just orderd it there... Paid the extra 2 for express P+P..
    I will let you know how i get on.. Id say it will be here on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

GAME were unable to confirm their exact price when I called in at lunchtime today but advised they expect the normal version to retail for around the €60 mark.

They told me €50 for the standard version about 15mins ago but they couldnt confirm. Competition at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I take it none of the shops are sell the PC Version for a ok price {if they stock it at all}.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

• Xtra-Vision - €60 / €55 (Standard) / €70 (Hardened) (numerous prices mentioned.. needs confirmation) (PS3, Xbox 360)

I got my info from Xtra Vision. I was in there and he had a price change sheet, and it had them prices on it. It was only updated a few hours ago, so the prices are definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Scruff wrote: »
    They told me €50 for the standard version about 15mins ago but they couldnt confirm. Competition at work?

Game don't confirm prices until the very last minute, so they can adjust to remain competitive. That's what I was told once by a manager anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Gamestop Dooradoyle Limerick just told me my preordered Hardened Edition will be €79.99.

I will be out buying it somewhere else at midnight tonight as thats just too much. Anyone know of a Limerick Tesco selling it at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Might not be much use, but apparently Sainsbury's will sell it for £26

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/nov/09/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-price-war

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

bucks73 wrote: »
    Gamestop Dooradoyle Limerick just told me my preordered Hardened Edition will be €79.99.

I will be out buying it somewhere else at midnight tonight as thats just too much. Anyone know of a Limerick Tesco selling it at midnight?

give coonagh a ring and see if they'll be selling it at midnight.

Advertisement