Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Incident

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Any one ever fall asleep in the shower? I had a shower earlier on and i came real close to fallin asleep, i wonder IS it possible to fall asleep standing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

How is it possible you can stand at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Any one ever fall asleep in the shower? I had a shower earlier on and i came real close to fallin asleep, i wonder IS it possible to fall asleep standing up?

Were you tired or did you just get bored?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

yes it is ..................

..........close now another one solved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Did you know that british soldiers on sentry duty during WW1 used to rest their chins on their bayonets so they wouldnt fall asleep....so it is possible fall asleep standing up....in a shower I dont know...reckon your just imagining it..you could have had brian numb alright...but your not a dolphin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'm sure it's possible, but you'd probably end up falling and smashing your head - which would either kill you or wake you up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

TheZohan wrote: »
    Were you tired or did you just get bored?

Well was well tired after work...it was strange it was like the feeling you get when you fall nearly fall asleep when driving....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've almost fallen asleep in the shower... glad I didn't though...probably would have been painful.

My dad fell asleep at a camera before, during a football match... standing up...

Well was well tired after work...it was strange it was like the feeling you get when you fall nearly fall asleep when driving....

How often do you nearly fall asleep when driving?

Once too many!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Take a yoke and then have a shower... best shower you'll ever have... I promise...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yeah fell asleep after a night on the beer.

woke up in a heap at the bottom with the cold water running and no idea of how i got there or how long i was out for.

still clothed I was :(

When i finish workin nights, once or twice i have nearly dozed off especially when driving the 10 mins im on the motor way...:o

Ever fall asleep on the bog?
    Wake up ass frozen to bits...horrible sensation.

OP pop into Boots and grab yourself some caffeine tablets or buy a few cans of Redbull and keep them in the car for the next time you're feeling sleepy when driving.
    Make sure you keep the windows of your car wide open and turn up the radio to it's loudest.

Have never fallen asleep in the shower myself but it sounds like exhaustion, it's certainly not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

No,but weirdly I conditioned for the first time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

OP pop into Boots and grab yourself some caffeine tablets or buy a few cans of Redbull and keep them in the car for the next time you're feeling sleepy when driving.
    Make sure you keep the windows of your car wide open and turn up the radio to it's loudest.

Have never fallen asleep in the shower myself but it sounds like exhaustion, it's certainly not normal.

LOL that's like everything the theory exam tells you NOT to do. Pull in for a snooze :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

No,but weirdly I conditioned my pubes for the first time!!

FYP, you can thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I've almost fallen asleep reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

And the moral of the story is; NEVER DROP THE SOAP!

wolfric wrote: »
    LOL that's like everything the theory exam tells you NOT to do. Pull in for a snooze :P

The theory exam came after I passed my test, I'm speaking from experience.

Theory is one thing, real life is completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i have... just because water is body tmpature me thinks..... turn it up or down a couple of degrees

its a bit strange but when i have a shower i feel like i WANT to fall asleep its not a suicide mission or anything but with nice warm water washing off my dove shower gel i feel like sleep would really be the bomb but i know if i did fall asleep it would all end in tears:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rub shampoo in your eyes.

That'll wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

The theory exam is before my time, I'm speaking from experience.

Theory is one thing, real life is completely different.
    Good god that means only people who've gone into space are qualified to talk about it.... that means.... oh yes people who build spaceships are just going on theory... as you said, they're completely different things.

For example did you know in real life pi is exactly 3... yes really... in theory it's a little more complex but in real life it's 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My friend fell asleep standing on a packed train. He started drooling on a woman standing beside him. This guy is over six foot and doesn't have a small frame, he also talks alot in his sleep, he has very strange dreams too. The poor woman was too afraid of him to wake him up:rolleyes:, she spent an hour on the train being dribbled on what she thought was a huge mad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

....feeling you get when you fall nearly fall asleep....

That's the best William Shatner impersonation I've seen on d'interweb! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I woke up in a bath if that counts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A guy I work with fell asleep standing up in the middle of nightclub dancefloor for a while. Pictures of people posing with him n all.Not sure how he didnt fall over :confused:

curry-muff wrote: »
    I woke up in a bath if that counts :rolleyes:

It does count. Big time. You could have drowned. I could see how that could happen easily if your relaxing in the bath with all those relaxing salts and stuff they put into baths to help you relax..... your gonna sleep eventually....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Advertisement