Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For womens in their 30s, how young is too young?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Well? With regard to men obviously..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Age is but one factor there are many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Every woman, once she hits the age of 30, is suddenly hit with the realisation that they can never again date anyone under the age of 25 years and four months.

Or maybe I made that up, and it varies from woman to woman. There is no norm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anything under 40. At that stage they need an older man to take care of them as they're pretty much over the hill. Preferably rich too. And prepared to have the hordes of children the 30+ women inevitably want.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

personally i would consciously try to not get involved with a younger man, simply because i was in a relationship for 5 years with a 4.5 years younger guy and it didn't work out, and i honestly feel that it was partly because of the age difference

having said that, if you are already involved with a younger guy which i gather you are from your post, then id say go for it by all means, i did it, i dont particularly regret it and if it didn't work for me or for other people it doesn't mean it won't work for you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Half your age + 6 is the golden rule. The engineer in me loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GodSaveTheQueen

What ever you are happy with. You are the important.

Don't break laws.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bluewolf wrote: »
    Anything under 40. At that stage they need an older man to take care of them as they're pretty much over the hill. Preferably rich too. And prepared to have the hordes of children the 30+ women inevitably want.
    I lolled. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

amacachi wrote: »

Yeah I prefer the +7 rule than the +8 rule personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

You must round up though of course!

• Advertisement

Half + 6, rounding up. That'd be my rule. 7 is cack. I don't see any problem with a 30 year old dating a 21 year old for example ((30 / 2) + 6).

Again age is only one factor, and sure when I was 30 I dated a 18 year old for 9 months. :P

You go girl! (fu maddison!)

Very impressive that. Not sure if I would have gone as low as an 18 year old at 30*

*complete lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Again age is only one factor, and sure when I was 30 I dated a 18 year old for 9 months. :P

Teach me!

Khannie wrote: »
    Very impressive that. Not sure if I would have gone as low as an 18 year old at 30*

*complete lie

I don't get what is impressive about it
    He was exceptional in many ways and with expectational people, who are adults, age is just an number
    and when I was 19/20 I was involved with a 37 year old.

An 18 year old bloke would wanna be pretty desperate to be gettin' involved with an auld wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    An 18 year old bloke would wanna be pretty desperate to be gettin' involved with an auld wan.

Some of us are EXACTLY that kinda desperate, so back off! :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

You think a 30 year old woman is an 'auld wan'. You must be around 12 or maybe thats just your mental age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

lin lin wrote: »
    personally i would consciously try to not get involved with a younger man, simply because i was in a relationship for 5 years with a 4.5 years younger guy and it didn't work out, and i honestly feel that it was partly because of the age difference

having said that, if you are already involved with a younger guy which i gather you are from your post, then id say go for it by all means, i did it, i dont particularly regret it and if it didn't work for me or for other people it doesn't mean it won't work for you
    It lasted 5years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

so if shes too young wait a few years for her to fall into the right part of the graph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Alright, let's hear less from the lads' perspectives please.

The OP wanted fellow ladies' experiences and opinions, if she'd wanted jokes about "auld ones" she could have just as easily posted in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Xiney wrote: »
    The OP wanted fellow ladies' experiences

don't think Loada_Bo11ocks is a lady... from one of his other posts
    Im 19, male

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well, in that case.

*moved to After Hours*

Ladies' Lounge is not a focus group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Xiney wrote: »
    Well, in that case.

*moved to After Hours*

Ladies' Lounge is not a focus group :)

When the guy is the op...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I think it should be compulsory for older women to take young men uder their sexual wing and educate them.

This would lead to much improved sexual performance by the young men with all future partners.

Younger women do not normally have the knowledge, confidence or experience to guide young men to their best performance.

I really regret never having been given good guidance from a more experienced female when I was a young man.

Ah too late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Nerin wrote: »
    When the guy is the op...

when a woman asked something similar yesterday in AH it was moved to TLL so these threads get moved both ways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

when a woman asked something similar yesterday in AH it was moved to TLL so these threads get moved both ways :pac:

We can have a thread moving war \o/ ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What 18 year old have you ever come across that said they wouldnt like a milf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Wibbs wrote: »
    I lolled. :D

I cried =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

don't think Loada_Bo11ocks is a lady... from one of his other posts
    aaaahhh apologies to the op i didn't realise youre a 19 yo male.. im new here.. should definitely have picked up on the user name :-)

so youre probably not looking for a relationship, hmm, personally i think 19 is a bit young, try by all means, it shows ambition.. but be realistic and if it doesn't work dont take it personally

Advertisement