Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked in the sauna.....

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

And there I was when this rather fat man walks in, in the nip, without a care in the world...... I am shocked and appalled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JG009 wrote: »
    And there I was when this rather fat man walks in, in the nip, without a care in the world...... I am shocked and appalled.

Whereas, had be been an attractive fit man, you're have been in support?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I was actually wearing speedo's, they were just a bit lost under my belly...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I used to see this quite a bit abroad say in the Nordics.
    Was a bit weird at first but soon got used to it (well not totally).

Is there a chance this guy was from abroad?
    Also - I hope like abroad he brought a towel to sit on...

If you are bothered might be worthwhile talking to the gym about it - they might put up some posters.... - just hopefully without the pictures...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

sorry about that mammy but the feckin mankini was fierce itchy!!

Bhahahaha!!

Most europeans are required to go naked in the sauna for hygenie reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

So the OP was naked in the sauna and a fat guy walks in??

That's how I'm reading it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bhahahaha!!

That's the way it was when I attending a sports gym in Dublin , back in the 90s . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭jacool

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bhahahaha!!

that's precisely because it is hygienic. they bring towels in and sit on those, thereby not exposing anyone else to their sweat/perspiration. that's a benefit of not having the body hang-ups we have here - still the only country that can't show a breast in a breast-feeding campaign. they actually have "clothes police" to remind people to divest !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hanley wrote: »
    So the OP was naked in the sauna and a fat guy walks in??

That's how I'm reading it..

I'm fairly sure the other guy was naked and the experience pf seeing this guy nekkid horrified the OP. Today when i was in the sauna some 15year old knacker girl came in with an illuminous pink and green bikini *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The vast majority of people using the suana in the men's changing room's in TotalFitness (Malahide Rd) do so naked, including me - no big deal really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Not a prob once theres no wood in the sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

No-one goes naked in Westwood. Then again it is mixed. I doubt it'd be so popular if people had to go naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was in bluepool and I am pretty sure the sign outside the sauna was saying you should remove all clothes. Seemed to be a generic sign and the "rule" might have been overlooked when they put it up, since it was beside the pool, i.e. mixed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Latchy wrote: »
    That's the way it was when I attending a sports gym in Dublin , back in the 90s . .

Hercules?

It would actually be gay to go in with shorts on in there...

EDIT: and in mixed saunas it probably shouldn't happen cos people wouldn't be comfortable with it. Don't see what the problem is in same sex saunas tho tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

No it wasnt me that was naked! And yes there is wood in the sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JG009 wrote: »
    No it wasnt me that was naked! And yes there is wood in the sauna.
    I think you missed the joke. Was there one or two types of wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

No-one goes naked in Westwood. Then again it is mixed. I doubt it'd be so popular if people had to go naked.

First time I went into the sauna in Sports Link, I showered and went in naked, holding my towel. Inside were three men, all wearing swim suits. The women's changing room led to the sauna, I had no idea the sauna was mixed. What made it worse is that I was coming in from the light, while they were sitting there in the dark. So they got a good look at me and all my wobbly bits, and to this day, I have no idea who they were.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sure they were gonna get a look at your wobbly bits anyway. You just wouldn't have been bothered by it if they'd had their wobbly bits out too. :)

Not really a fan of saunas. The only one I ever use is not the naked kind but I see naked men in the shower room every day and it doesn't bother me in the slightest so don't see why it should in the sauna. :confused:

ULStudent: Keep that crap to yourself please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

EileenG wrote: »
    First time I went into the sauna in Sports Link, I showered and went in naked, holding my towel. Inside were three men, all wearing swim suits. The women's changing room led to the sauna, I had no idea the sauna was mixed. What made it worse is that I was coming in from the light, while they were sitting there in the dark. So they got a good look at me and all my wobbly bits, and to this day, I have no idea who they were.....

Or possibly they didn't know it was mixed either but were then thinking "best sauna ever!".

Hold on, so the glass door from the sauna looked into the women's changing room? Then I think the real shocker in that story is that there were only 3 blokes in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I'm all for nakedness but think the real solution here is to only allow slim attractive people into saunas. It'll be unpopular for a while but if anyone thinks it's discriminative, their only defence will be that they like being fat and ugly. That would never stand up in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I have a rather novel solution to the whole naked/non-naked thing in private and stuff.

Don't like, Don't look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Hahaha, wood in the sauna, that's a good one

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I have a rather novel solution to the whole naked/non-naked thing in private and stuff.

Don't like, Don't look.

yeh, but dats not wha' de tyurch sez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

When I was about 16 I was on holiday in Spain before and walked into the main area for the saunas in the hotel and the first thing I saw was a woman completely naked in her mid-40's (with a crackin' body by the way). I was completely red-faced and apologised profusely thinking I had walked into the female sauna instead of the male. She started saying something in German and I thought she was berating me so I turned heel and fled. I went back a few mins later and it was actually just a mixed sauna and there was auld German and Swiss lads in their 60s and 70s in there with their mickies hanging out left, right and centre. There was a couple of young wans in their mid/late teens and they didn't even bat an eyelid at it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think in Ireland there's this obsession that everything involves sex, one of the main ideas of sauna is that it's asexual - so these hangups don't apply elsewhere. Norwegian girl I know said it's perfectly normal over there to have a mixed sauna with no clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sure you see people naked in the changing rooms anyway, sure what difference does it make seeing them 5 minutes earlier?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Red Alert wrote: »
    Norwegian girl I know said it's perfectly normal over there to have a mixed sauna with no clothes.
    surely there's no way that would work without ending in an orgy, or all the girls running out screaming?

Maybe norwegian guys have superior towel placement abilities? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 larrytom

Its not just the men-know of a couple of girls who loved to go to the sauna while working in germany.admitted tyey loved watching the men in all their glory.

I think in Ireland there's this obsession that everything involves sex....
    t-ha wrote: »
    surely there's no way that would work without ending in an orgy, or all the girls running out screaming?

QED....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Norwegian girl I know said it's perfectly normal over there to have a mixed sauna with no clothes.

Went out with a Norwegian girl once - there's a good reason why it doesn't bother them. ;)

Advertisement