Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I smell a conspiracy!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭freefromgov

King Mob wrote: »
    Hey maybe you can answer: where does the water come from? Whats the driving force behind the expansion? How did the earth form?
    According to expanding earth theory?
    Hi King Mob...... Well I don't know if I have answers for you but, The planets did grow up to their present size by some way or another by accretion or whatever so............. Neal adams has a website that has lots of vids about the other planets and moons along with a theory as to how come the Dino's went POP! so I reccomend you have a look at the vids first then come back to me for discussion ........whatdyasay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭freefromgov

I'd be a subscriber to the expandin earth concept, cept, the water, shouldnt sealevels be dropping. how much pee do the fish create :eek:?

I never subscribed to the Pangea continental drift theory, what did the continets drift over?

Just on the sea levels droping apparently the Maldieves (spelling ???) if the sea level was rising they would be the first to go under but its on you tube somewhere that some guy went out there and the older native guys pointed to him that the sea level has actually been drooping over the last hundred years and then they showed him proof of where the tide used to come to and it was way further up the beech.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

tell ya what you explain to me how its a natural process, the old Terra Nullis fiction is finally being reexamined and it would seem that there may be something to more to these structures than the initial analysis would suggest, bear in mind that when most of these thing were being catalouged for the first time it would have destroyed the British claim to Australia if anyone could cast doubt on the Lien of Terra Nullis
    So therefore they must have had nuclear technology.
    Evidence, Hmm, well,

the dreamtime is about that old
    I've seen these things for meself and formed my own theories about them.

theres a lot of Yellowcake in the northern end of Australia

OH and

THE FCUKIN HUGE RED BARREN WASTELAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTINENT
    And are you going to back up these claims? How do you know that this isn't due to natural processes?
    dried up inland sea me hole, if it was an inland sea we'd be findin more evidence of extinct marine life like coral and them big calcium deposits from all the dead fish, but instead we find the remains of megafauna like 6 foot tall Wombats and land crocs
    Again sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hi King Mob...... Well I don't know if I have answers for you but, The planets did grow up to their present size by some way or another by accretion or whatever so............. Neal adams has a website that has lots of vids about the other planets and moons along with a theory as to how come the Dino's went POP! so I reccomend you have a look at the vids first then come back to me for discussion ........whatdyasay!!!

I have seen the video and they don't answer these questions.

Have you not asked yourself?
    Or have you just accepted Neal Adams' claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Jesus christ guys is there any oddball theory you don't believe? If there wasn't so much evidence for the accepted beliefs then maybe.
    ...it would have destroyed the British claim to Australia...

he he he he. Yeah that's right the British needed justification to take over other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

meglome wrote: »
    Jesus christ guys is there any oddball theory you don't believe?
    Where are these 'oddball theories' ? i don't see any being presented here .

espinolman wrote: »
    Where are these 'oddball theories' ? i don't see any being presented here .

nuclear war 250-150 thousand year ago?

I don't think that is an' oddball theory' .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Me too! (CONSPIRACY Women Eau de Perfume 100ML Spray)

I don't think that is an' oddball theory' .

Ah I see I thought that most people needed some sort of proof to believe a story like that. Some would say extraordinary proof for an extraordinary story but I'd be happy with just proof. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

The problem with this is that what you accept as proof and what someone else accepts as proof is relative.

The problem with this is that what you accept as proof and what someone else accepts as proof is relative.

Well I was thinking of the more scientific falsifiable kind if possible. Not the I had a dream and it seemed so real kind.

Jesus christ guys is there any oddball theory you don't believe?
    In the above statement could you let me know who 'guys' refers to - which posters' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

I admire your moxy HH. Never stooping to their level.

Your talking about intuition which is an alien concept to some people. To be open minded is to be suspicious of everything and trust your intuition to show you what's real and whats smoke and mirrors. You feel somethings not right and trust me, so do a lot of people. The problem with proof is you really only get it after the fact but we need preventative measures. Hindsights great but we need foresight.

Thank you :p I may not have posted much here but I have experience on other boards and know how this works. Also I've mentioned I've had many a heated drunken debate on these things.. I don't think I'll ever understand why people actually get ANGRY that I like to look at things another way (I've said it's more fun... although sometimes not, it can be painfully obvious what's going on ala GWB and Iraq). When conspiracy theories become the truth, they're then just the truth and people forget it was ever 'just a conspiracy theory' to begin with... hence all CT's are just paranoia, sensationalism and perhaps a little bit of mental illness :rolleyes: when there's always the possibility of a CT having some grain of truth to it.

In the above statement could you let me know who 'guys' refers to - which posters' ?

Well anyone making extraordinary claims without even less than extraordinary proof.

Anyone can be suspicious of everything but that doesn't make their suspicion correct. I can be suspicious that coke is actually fanta and bog water but if all the evidence suggests that coke isn't fanta and bog water then really my suspicion is just wrong. It's human nature and perfectly normal to question things but it's there's no real point to question something if all the evidence is saying you're wrong and you're only going on a hunch.

Heineken Helen, as regards to the LHC, it wasn't made to save the world or provide any real-world benefits as far as I'm aware. From what I learned, It was created to find the Higgs Boson. This is the last type of particle they need to find to prove the Standard Model and it will basically confirm and unify all the laws of physics and what interests me the most, is that it will prove whether or not there are multiple dimensions.
    "Recreating" the Big Bang is only a secondary objective as only 1 month out of the whole year is dedicated to this. :)

As for Svalbard, just because you've never heard of it before doesn't mean you should be suspicious of it :P I've known of it for quite a while as I'm sure all Norwegians have too.. Considering Norway is essentially a neutral country (apart from NATO membership) it really wouldn't have any ulterior motives and the Seed bank is a huge collaboration between many countries and foundations... Ireland donated 32 varieties of potato to the seed bank.

It's only fair that if we humans somehow cause a crisis which hugely effects plantlife then we should have some sort of back-up mechanism to restore it

Lol, I certainly do understand that just cos I haven't heard of some island doesn't mean I should be suspicious of it... I just found it unusual that it made the international news twice in the space of a week for entirely different reasons... many of the newspaper articles didn't even join the dots. Of course there's the possibility that there's no connection whatsoever but the vault didn't make much sense to me anyway (again, how are they gonna open it? There's high security and only a few people have access to it... kinda defeats the purpose if they're going to use those seeds to grow all the plantlife again when nobody can gain ACCESS to the seeds :D )

If you were given a tour, what makes you believe that you will recognize or otherwise understand what you are seeing? People spend their entire careers studying their respective disciplines in depth, and if you are not specifically educated in the appropriate theories, methodologies, analytical techniques, and yes, limitations of specific researches, what your eyes view while you "have a look around" may not make any sense to you.

Given the spirit and tone of this thread, such a lack of understanding of what you saw on such a tour of CERN, or any other highly sophisticated scientific facility, might serve to fuel your continued suspicions in a self-fulfilling way?

That is a good point... and also I don't think I can see the collider for myself? Or walk through the tunnel? So a guided tour of CERN would only prove to me that they HAVE done plenty of research and paperwork... doesn't really prove that they're actually carrying it out.

Undergod wrote: »
    And where's the connection to the seed vault?

That's true, and I'm being suspicious and open-minded by not neccessarily accepting every conspiracy theory people suggest to me.

Oh I don't accept them all either... even the majority of them... but some of them I do see as a bit of a project for me to analyse. It gives me something to do.

Isn't the possible connection obvious? These large earthquakes in Ireland and England were traced back to the large earthquake in Svalbard (they were aftershocks or tremors). Svalbard, where there is a holocaust proof SOMETHING built into the mountain and underground and started operating at the same time. The earthquakes themselves were unusual enough so we should perhaps be wondering what triggered them.

IN the forum on boards dot ieeeeeeeeeeeeehe right now there is a discussion going on in the legal section ( I know I know youre thinkng boring right and this guy is not using punctuation)

It appears that on Birth certificates isued in Ireland that the word INVALID is written on them in a kinda secret way that is hard to notice in the bottom left hand corner...............WWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have seen it myself its true WHAT DOES IT MEAN ???????

Really???:o that's pretty strange! Has anybody given an explanation? Or is it just that, if an invalid one were to be issued by mistake, the 'invalid' thing would be more obvious?

Well Stonehenge IS a Building of some description ;)

on that topic tho, as I have been dtiving around Australia I have come across 'Geographic Features' that looks suspiciously liek petrified cities,

the most interestin one that I have examined is out between Winton and Kynuna on the Matilda HWY, I've walked around this one and the proportions are right for it to be laid out like streets.

there are also a few rather suspect 'Pyramids' most people will be aware of the one near Gordanvale ( Between Cairns and Innisfail) but one of the most perfect ones I've seen was out at Selwyn (SW of Mount Isa, NE of Dajarra) it was like a large rectanglar type pyramid ( whats the word for a rectangular pyramindy thingy witha ridgeline) like a roof, but the proportions are almost perfect.

Bear in mind that this is the same place that has Lizards (yes actual small green lizards) which run around upright, and have legs hat fit undertheir bodies instead of out to one side (more birdlike) I have neer seen them anywhere else, evil little feckers with teeth and little arms, not like the normal type lizards you usually get round these parts. fast too, but next time I'm out that way I'll figure out a method of trappin a few.

Interesting... will ya take some pictures next time you're out there too? :) or do you happen to have any?

• Advertisement

Look I'm serious about this, I don't get it. The OP started a thread about stuff that wasn't even remotely suspicious and couldn't explain why she thought it was suspicious. You might not believe this but I'm all for believing that people might be conspiring against us but most of what I read in here is lacking any kind of real backup. Something that would take it from being an interesting story such as I read in the many books I go through to something actually real.

And espinolman I'd admire your perseverance on the chem trails topic but we haven't even got past why we would need to be sprayed from the air in the first place, never mind how come we can't even find that these 'chemical' planes exist. We can trace super secret CIA planes all over the world but can't prove we're being sprayed whatsoever. Do you not think that maybe for a moment you might have this wrong?

It's suspicious to me and I've tried to explain... not my fault you don't understand where I'm coming from. This thread is about suspicions WITHOUT any backup... you seem to have difficulty in grasping that?

Maybe you're just asking the wrong questions? :o If I HAD any proof or anything to back it up, it probably would be a fully fledged conspiracy theory :) but I don't so it's not. How ARE we defining CT's by the way?:o

hkcharlie wrote: »
    I've been reading about and watched the documentry on the Global Warming Myth.

Basically saying that the whole global warming thing as presented by Al Gore, is based on the fact that we as humans make way to much carbon dioxide and this pushes the temp up.
    So I have been fighting with this one for a while. My dad sent me an email saying that David Bellemy was out spoken against this theory and this week in China, they have signed a piece of legislation to clear up the air around the manufacturing area of Shenzhen. They are reducing all of the dirty gases and waste that comes out, but CO2 is not on the list, why? because they don't see it as a greenhouse gas.

It's quite strange cos in my school, global warming is FACT and it's just what we were brought up on... when I first heard Americans saying 'I don't believe in global warming' I actually laughed and thought they were nuts :D but scientists certainly do seem to conflict on this one... or is it American scientists V European scientists?

Also I've mentioned I've had many a heated drunken debate on these things.. I don't think I'll ever understand why people actually get ANGRY that I like to look at things another way (I've said it's more fun... although sometimes not, it can be painfully obvious what's going on ala GWB and Iraq).

You can believe anything you like and I really don't care either way. Stories are great fun, personally I love books and good science fiction. Where I have a problem is you telling me and others in here something is true when you clearly don't know anything about the topic. So you can call it another way of looking at it and I'd call it dreaming some stuff up.
    When conspiracy theories become the truth, they're then just the truth and people forget it was ever 'just a conspiracy theory' to begin with... hence all CT's are just paranoia, sensationalism and perhaps a little bit of mental illness :rolleyes: when there's always the possibility of a CT having some grain of truth to it.

Governments and corporations get caught out all the time in reality yet in all the vast conspiracies we talk about in here they are omnipotent, and extremely competent, and don't get caught. So we have the reality vs a good story.

You can believe anything you like and I really don't care either way. Stories are great fun, personally I love books and good science fiction. Where I have a problem is you telling me and others in here something is true when you clearly don't know anything about the topic. So you can call it another way of looking at it and I'd call it dreaming some stuff up.

Governments and corporations get caught out all the time in reality yet in all the vast conspiracies we talk about in here they are omnipotent, and extremely competent, and don't get caught. So we have the reality vs a good story.
    I never claimed anything is true... I'm guilty of claiming it's suspicious to ME but I never claimed it's true but IMO it's worth looking at. And good for you and your books :p

I think somebody's already addressed the issue of hindsight. How long do governments and corporations actually get away with something before being caught? Just cos they haven't been caught doing something YET doesn't mean they're not doing it. I think it's pretty much accepted now that there's SOMETHING dodgy going on in Roswell... not even aliens but certainly not what the government was saying was going on... that was a conspiracy theory and a 'silly story' for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

just my opinion but if they really wanted to put satalite up and watch every thing you do i dont think they would broadcast it. yes they would have to announce it eventually but probably only it small bits like just put 2 up to watch x when they might already have about 50 floating up there.

they could use any excuse they wanted.

as far as the fires in aus well i think anything that could save lives is a good idea.

if your afraid of people watching you your probably up to no good.

Where I have a problem is you telling me and others in here something is true when you clearly don't know anything about the topic.
    Did someone say something is true , that clearly
    don't know ? and if so who , when and where .

I never claimed anything is true... I'm guilty of claiming it's suspicious to ME but I never claimed it's true but IMO it's worth looking at. And good for you and your books :p

Okay. But I posted a map of earthquakes that shows a lot of them in the area of the seedbank and over large areas of the planets surface, including Ireland for that matter. So if these are normal day to day events (which can be proven) why would it be suspicious to you? Are you suspicious of everything all the time or how do you work this out? I'm really curious.

Where I have a problem is you telling me and others in here something is true when you clearly don't know anything about the topic. .

You mean like this :

I really wanna laugh here. Alex Jones is a nasty lying peice of crap... I know, I know... I shouldn't hold back. So he's no longer the poster child of the 'Truth' movement and he's a disinfo agent? Seriously this is funny. And now surprise surprise as his second cousin on his mothers side is Jewish obviously a Zionist he he he he.

You mean like this :

He he touché.

The problem is not finding links that say he's a liar, there are a lot of those, actually there are an awful lot of those, it's the nature of many of these links I'd have a problem with. They mostly come from the very type of CT sites that I have a problem with so I don't want to use them as an example.

How about this one though: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e2_1221957905

• Advertisement

He he touché.

The problem is not finding links that say he's a liar, there are a lot of those, actually there are an awful lot of those, it's the nature of many of these links I'd have a problem with. They mostly come from the very type of CT sites that I have a problem with so I don't want to use them as an example.

How about this one though: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e2_1221957905
    The one about surveilance cameras in cable TV boxes is a conspiracy theory that Alex Jones debunked , so that one is a lie .
    I have looked at all the CTs he 'believes' on that link and there are a dozen i agree with so after reading that i have decided i am going to listen to Alex Jones more often , i am going to buy a new mp3 player tomorrow so i can listen to AJ every day. And thanks for the link.

Advertisement