Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I smell a conspiracy!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

and I'm sure plenty of other physicists told them they were wrong and accused them of scaremongering and sensationalism :D
    Probably. But do you know what eventually proved them right? Evidence.
    Really? Thanks! I didn't know that... I might just pay them a visit.:)
    Yes maybe you should actually learn about something before you cry conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I can't imagine that people were able to predict the atom bomb before it happened.
    When they built the first atomic bomb they knew exactly what they were doing , the fellas that built it were told that it was going to be demonstrated to the japanese in a desert and that no one would be harmed by it and that was going to end the war , so they went along and built it , and that is the problem - gullible scientists .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

It does seem a bit suspect that a lot of weird earthquakes (even take the Melbourne ones this year... following the one in Svalbard) seem to be traceable back to this small island

Traceable how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

King Mob wrote: »
    Probably. But do you know what eventually proved them right? Evidence.

Yes maybe you should actually learn about something before you cry conspiracy.

Eh no... it was the big explosions and hundreds of thousands of dead people that proved them right.

Oh and try being a bit more polite.

espinolman wrote: »
    When they built the first atomic bomb they knew exactly what they were doing , the fellas that built it were told that it was going to be demonstrated to the japanese in a desert and that no one would be harmed by it and that was going to end the war , so they went along and built it , and that is the problem - gullible scientists .

but I mean before splitting the atom???

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote: »
    Traceable how?

http://donegalfriends.blogspot.com/2008/02/earthquake-aftershocks.html

The English one was around the same time

Eh no... it was the big explosions and hundreds of thousands of dead people that proved them right.
    And the Manhattan project. You know, observable evidence.

Post here if you think something is being done for a bigger purpose but can't quite put your finger on why you think so.
    CHEMTRAILS , i first noticed them here in dublin in the year 2000 , so did people all over the world , the question is why is that being done , i am not sure , there is all sorts of theories' on the internet as to why , but i am not sure of any of them , i think there is definitely a bigger purpose to this but i just do not get what it is .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

but I mean before splitting the atom???
    There is someting interesting , when was the first atom split , was the explosion in tunguska , Russia in 1908 the first test of an atomic or nuclear type bomb ?

CHEMTRAILS , i first noticed them here in dublin in the year 2000 , so did people all over the world , the question is why is that being done , i am not sure , there is all sorts of theories' on the internet as to why , but i am not sure of any of them , i think there is definitely a bigger purpose to this but i just do not get what it is .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

:eek: I never even heard about that. But thanks for being the first person to take up the challenge :D I'll look further into that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

I admire your moxy HH. Never stooping to their level.

Your talking about intuition which is an alien concept to some people. To be open minded is to be suspicious of everything and trust your intuition to show you what's real and whats smoke and mirrors. You feel somethings not right and trust me, so do a lot of people. The problem with proof is you really only get it after the fact but we need preventative measures. Hindsights great but we need foresight.

:eek: I never even heard about that. But thanks for being the first person to take up the challenge :D I'll look further into that.
    You have never heard of chemtrails' really , in the year 2000 i was looking into the sky at the aeroplanes' flying over and i noticed that the contrails off the planes' were not dissipating fairly quickly like they used to , and they seemed to stay around and i thought this very strange , you know i never heard anything about this from the media , you would expect it would be on the nine o'clock news .

here is a video :
    Chemtrails (never) seen (before) from Space:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrtmMLOJVY

I have heard of satellite images we see on television , that the chemtrails are airbrushed out !
    There are some threads on chemtrails in this CT forum :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055186704&highlight=chemtrails

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055381318&highlight=chemtrails

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055390598&highlight=chemtrails

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234710&highlight=chemtrails

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=294916&highlight=chemtrails

Check this out:
    http://www.carnicom.com/contrails.htm
    or this
    http://www.carnicom.com/

and this :
    http://www.rense.com/general21/conf.htm

and this :

http://www.chemtrailsuk.net/

California skywatch has good info :
    http://www.californiaskywatch.com/

And for those who want evidence check page 20 where the data table is and look for aluminium and barium :
    http://www.uk-pollutantdeposition.ceh.ac.uk/sites/uk-pollutantdeposition.ceh.ac.uk/files/UK_HeavyMetals_Final_report_2006_final_version.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I admire your moxy HH. Never stooping to their level.

Your talking about intuition which is an alien concept to some people. To be open minded is to be suspicious of everything and trust your intuition to show you what's real and whats smoke and mirrors. You feel somethings not right and trust me, so do a lot of people. The problem with proof is you really only get it after the fact but we need preventative measures. Hindsights great but we need foresight.

Anyone can be suspicious of everything but that doesn't make their suspicion correct. I can be suspicious that coke is actually fanta and bog water but if all the evidence suggests that coke isn't fanta and bog water then really my suspicion is just wrong. It's human nature and perfectly normal to question things but it's there's no real point to question something if all the evidence is saying you're wrong and you're only going on a hunch.

Heineken Helen, as regards to the LHC, it wasn't made to save the world or provide any real-world benefits as far as I'm aware. From what I learned, It was created to find the Higgs Boson. This is the last type of particle they need to find to prove the Standard Model and it will basically confirm and unify all the laws of physics and what interests me the most, is that it will prove whether or not there are multiple dimensions.
    "Recreating" the Big Bang is only a secondary objective as only 1 month out of the whole year is dedicated to this. :)

As for Svalbard, just because you've never heard of it before doesn't mean you should be suspicious of it :P I've known of it for quite a while as I'm sure all Norwegians have too.. Considering Norway is essentially a neutral country (apart from NATO membership) it really wouldn't have any ulterior motives and the Seed bank is a huge collaboration between many countries and foundations... Ireland donated 32 varieties of potato to the seed bank.

It's only fair that if we humans somehow cause a crisis which hugely effects plantlife then we should have some sort of back-up mechanism to restore it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

is that entire research institute devoted to the LHC? Can I go in and have a look around? Can I see this thing with my own eyes?
    If you were given a tour, what makes you believe that you will recognize or otherwise understand what you are seeing? People spend their entire careers studying their respective disciplines in depth, and if you are not specifically educated in the appropriate theories, methodologies, analytical techniques, and yes, limitations of specific researches, what your eyes view while you "have a look around" may not make any sense to you.

Given the spirit and tone of this thread, such a lack of understanding of what you saw on such a tour of CERN, or any other highly sophisticated scientific facility, might serve to fuel your continued suspicions in a self-fulfilling way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

And where's the connection to the seed vault?

That's true, and I'm being suspicious and open-minded by not neccessarily accepting every conspiracy theory people suggest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Quake_epicenters_1963-98.png

So what exactly is suspicious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Tunguska eh, there may be some merit to your suspicions.

Svalbard, yeah what is it, why is it so elaborate.

Oh and 'Norway is neutral?? Except For membership of NATO?????????
    which one is it then ????

I applaud the OP for her rather interesting thread and can see where it cold have gone, this had (and possibly still has) the potential to be a very interesting discussion on CONSPIRACY THEORIES and what causes peoples suspicions to be aroused by ocurrances in the world around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭freefromgov

IN the forum on boards dot ieeeeeeeeeeeeehe right now there is a discussion going on in the legal section ( I know I know youre thinkng boring right and this guy is not using punctuation)

It appears that on Birth certificates isued in Ireland that the word INVALID is written on them in a kinda secret way that is hard to notice in the bottom left hand corner...............WWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have seen it myself its true WHAT DOES IT MEAN ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭freefromgov

meglome wrote: »
    Quake_epicenters_1963-98.png

So what exactly is suspicious?
    Hymmmmm that is actually a bit suspicious when you look at the Neal Adams expanding earth theory..........it looks kinda like the whole globe will fit back together like a jigsaw puzzell all the way round thereby debunking Pangea as the accepted theory on plate techtonics.....HYMMMMMMMMMM
    theres a good one to get your teeth into............. Or if thats not your style how about the one from Bruce Bedlam ( inventor of the Bedlam Cube) that Stonehenge was in fact a building and that the stones were nothing more than the ancient equivalent of Steel beams...???????
    There's some good ol' mind chompin stuff there guys have fun ............

Well Stonehenge IS a Building of some description ;)

on that topic tho, as I have been dtiving around Australia I have come across 'Geographic Features' that looks suspiciously liek petrified cities,

the most interestin one that I have examined is out between Winton and Kynuna on the Matilda HWY, I've walked around this one and the proportions are right for it to be laid out like streets.

there are also a few rather suspect 'Pyramids' most people will be aware of the one near Gordanvale ( Between Cairns and Innisfail) but one of the most perfect ones I've seen was out at Selwyn (SW of Mount Isa, NE of Dajarra) it was like a large rectanglar type pyramid ( whats the word for a rectangular pyramindy thingy witha ridgeline) like a roof, but the proportions are almost perfect.

Bear in mind that this is the same place that has Lizards (yes actual small green lizards) which run around upright, and have legs hat fit undertheir bodies instead of out to one side (more birdlike) I have neer seen them anywhere else, evil little feckers with teeth and little arms, not like the normal type lizards you usually get round these parts. fast too, but next time I'm out that way I'll figure out a method of trappin a few.

• Advertisement

I'd be a subscriber to the expandin earth concept, cept, the water, shouldnt sealevels be dropping. how much pee do the fish create :eek:?

I never subscribed to the Pangea continental drift theory, what did the continets drift over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Tunguska eh, there may be some merit to your suspicions.

Why? Have you looked at the footage of an actual atomic detonation and the footage from Tunguska and compared?
    Svalbard, yeah what is it, why is it so elaborate.

It's meant to be a very safe place to store seeds, which it is. What's so odd about that? There are 25 other big seed banks around the world but this is the safest.
    Oh and 'Norway is neutral?? Except For membership of NATO?????????
    which one is it then ????

Well in fairness the Norwegians are pretty cuddly as nationalities go.
    I applaud the OP for her rather interesting thread and can see where it cold have gone, this had (and possibly still has) the potential to be a very interesting discussion on CONSPIRACY THEORIES and what causes peoples suspicions to be aroused by ocurrances in the world around them.

Look I'm serious about this, I don't get it. The OP started a thread about stuff that wasn't even remotely suspicious and couldn't explain why she thought it was suspicious. You might not believe this but I'm all for believing that people might be conspiring against us but most of what I read in here is lacking any kind of real backup. Something that would take it from being an interesting story such as I read in the many books I go through to something actually real.

And espinolman I'd admire your perseverance on the chem trails topic but we haven't even got past why we would need to be sprayed from the air in the first place, never mind how come we can't even find that these 'chemical' planes exist. We can trace super secret CIA planes all over the world but can't prove we're being sprayed whatsoever. Do you not think that maybe for a moment you might have this wrong?

meglome wrote: »
    Why? Have you looked at the footage of an actual atomic detonation and the footage from Tunguska and compared?

Eh yep, well the photos of the aftermath, there was a lot of energy releleased from something in Tunguska
    It's meant to be a very safe place to store seeds, which it is. What's so odd about that? There are 25 other big seed banks around the world but this is the safest.

how many chambers are there for People in it?
    Well in fairness the Norwegians are pretty cuddly as nationalities go.

dunno man, that fella of the statoil ad looked fairly shifty ta me :D
    Look I'm serious about this, I don't get it. The OP started a thread about stuff that wasn't even remotely suspicious and couldn't explain why she thought it was suspicious. You might not believe this but I'm all for believing that people might be conspiring against us but most of what I read in here is lacking any kind of real backup. Something that would take it from being an interesting story such as I read in the many books I go through to something actually real.

well I'd look at it as the OP started a thread in an attempt to stimulate discussion on Conspiracys and to feel out the other members of the community, instead as always it got derailed for a bit by Sceptics

And espinolman I'd admire your perseverance on the chem trails topic but we haven't even got past why we would need to be sprayed from the air in the first place, never mind how come we can't even find that these 'chemical' planes exist. We can trace super secret CIA planes all over the world but can't prove we're being sprayed whatsoever. Do you not think that maybe for a moment you might have this wrong?

Chemtrails, eh I dunno but there does seem to be something happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭hkcharlie

I've been reading about and watched the documentry on the Global Warming Myth.

Basically saying that the whole global warming thing as presented by Al Gore, is based on the fact that we as humans make way to much carbon dioxide and this pushes the temp up.
    So I have been fighting with this one for a while. My dad sent me an email saying that David Bellemy was out spoken against this theory and this week in China, they have signed a piece of legislation to clear up the air around the manufacturing area of Shenzhen. They are reducing all of the dirty gases and waste that comes out, but CO2 is not on the list, why? because they don't see it as a greenhouse gas.

Eh yep, well the photos of the aftermath, there was a lot of energy releleased from something in Tunguska
    An meteorite that changes direction on its own?
    See what Oppenheimer said :
    http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/n/nuclear_tunguska.html

An meteorite that changes direction on its own?
    See what Oppenheimer said :
    http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/n/nuclear_tunguska.html

Pre-historic nuclear war?
    Seriously?

Well, as I drive around Australia more it seems more likely to me that there was a Nuclear war here probably 100 - 150 thousand years ago.

are people so arrogant to think that we are the first humans ever to be clever?

Humans have existed as we are now, 'fully evolved' if you wish for over 250 thousand years.

we reach points of great zenith and then we slide back into the darkages, so yeah ancient nuclear weapons, or ships, quite possible.

if you open your mind to the possibility that your narrow little view of the world might not be quite as infallible as you believe then you might just start joining the dots and seeing the bigger picture

Well, as I drive around Australia more it seems more likely to me that there was a Nuclear war here probably 100 - 150 thousand years ago.

are people so arrogant to think that we are the first humans ever to be clever?

Humans have existed as we are now, 'fully evolved' if you wish for over 250 thousand years.

we reach points of great zenith and then we slide back into the darkages, so yeah ancient nuclear weapons, or ships, quite possible.

if you open your mind to the possibility that your narrow little view of the world might not be quite as infallible as you believe then you might just start joining the dots and seeing the bigger picture
    Or you know it could be natural processes.
    What evidence do you have that the was a nuclear war 250 -150 thousand year ago?

Hymmmmm that is actually a bit suspicious when you look at the Neal Adams expanding earth theory..........it looks kinda like the whole globe will fit back together like a jigsaw puzzell all the way round thereby debunking Pangea as the accepted theory on plate techtonics.....HYMMMMMMMMMM

Hey maybe you can answer: where does the water come from? Whats the driving force behind the expansion? How did the earth form?
    According to expanding earth theory?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Or you know it could be natural processes.
    What evidence do you have that the was a nuclear war 250 -150 thousand year ago?

tell ya what you explain to me how its a natural process, the old Terra Nullis fiction is finally being reexamined and it would seem that there may be something to more to these structures than the initial analysis would suggest, bear in mind that when most of these thing were being catalouged for the first time it would have destroyed the British claim to Australia if anyone could cast doubt on the Lien of Terra Nullis

Evidence, Hmm, well,

the dreamtime is about that old
    I've seen these things for meself and formed my own theories about them.

theres a lot of Yellowcake in the northern end of Australia

OH and

THE FCUKIN HUGE RED BARREN WASTELAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTINENT

dried up inland sea me hole, if it was an inland sea we'd be findin more evidence of extinct marine life like coral and them big calcium deposits from all the dead fish, but instead we find the remains of megafauna like 6 foot tall Wombats and land crocs

Advertisement