Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes for navy suit?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a new suit today that I REALLY liked and will probably go back and buy it tomorrow. Only thing is its navy - - what colour shoes do you wear with a navy suit? Can I wear black or will that make me look like I work for CIE?! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Black is fine, or dark brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mens shoes are more often then not in 3 basic colours, black, brown (tan) and oxblood. Classically brown and oxblood are casual and never worn in the evening while black is smart and business like.
    What are you wearing the suit for? If for casual then oxblood is wonderful with navy. If you are wearing it for business then black is really your only choice. To look sharp and well turned out then black is the best.
    Make sure your belt and watchstrap (if leather) matches the shoes. It's an simple thing to do but ruins the effect of wearing a suit if you get it wrong.
    With the right shirt and tie you will not be mistaken for wearing a CIE uniform. :-)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement