Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will some nice TD please do the right thing???

Options
  • 20-02-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Will any TD have the guts to put in a vote of no confidence in this current shame of a government. Seriously, tomorrow im marching in the city centre along with hopefully 100s of thousands of people. Maybe it's about time we kick out this lot and get in someone who can sort this mess out. my job is hanging by a fine tread and ill be ****ed if im gonna go on the fu.cking dole when good leadership is all thats needed to save jobs and bring us out of this mess and get people spending money again buying houses and investing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Will please correct grammar you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Pretty much the same government has received repeated votes of confidence from the electorate. Would they ever do the right thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A vote of no confidence depends on the Green Party and the independents.
    A few of the independents will turn against FF but will the Green party? It depends on them

Love the way you say city centre like we instantly know it's Dublin and not any other city! Hey, to be fair you didn't say "town"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

honestly i don't have the most political knowledge but seriously i don't think a new government is going to prevent this recession, its unavoidable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Samurai wrote: »
    honestly i don't have the most political knowledge but seriously i don't think a new government is going to prevent this recession, its unavoidable

It's here already.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

mikemac wrote: »
    Love the way you say city centre like we instantly know it's Dublin and not any other city! Hey, to be fair you didn't say "town"

But you did know, didn't you? Respect your capital brother, respect it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Will please correct grammar you?

You just accidently the whole thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I dont agree here.. I think these lads are too rapped up in it TBH with the Galway race tent goings on and the last leader of the party stepping down in dodge circumstances, too name only 2. Im not saying a new goverment will solve the recession straight away. I think it would just be dealt with better and hopefully quickly.

I hope tomorrow makes the green party grass roots panic at lest and put pressure on there leaders. One can only dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Instead of marching in town I'm going to go to the cinema, maybe some shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wholeheartedly agree, it's all they someones fault.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Down to the Greens and seeing as Fianna Fail have practically bought them, it will never happen.

Yet another reason why not to vote for them next time around to be honest.
    They are going to get such a hammering at the next election!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dont have much faith in this government, but if I'm honest, I have even less in the alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

good leadership is all thats needed to save jobs and bring us out of this mess and get people spending money again buying houses and investing

Jayzus didn't realise it was so simple, let's just get Cúchulainn in and the global recession will be fixed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Javaboy hit the nail on the head, it's not their fault we've a corrupt bunch of apes representing us in Government, it's those who've kept them in power. It could even be your own mother, but they're the ones who deserve the blame for this Government, not those who got offered a few hundred K and couldn't find it in them to turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dave! wrote: »
    Jayzus didn't realise it was so simple, let's just get Cúchulainn in and the global recession will be fixed !
    Indeed.
    An awful lot of people seem to be under the impression that this recession is only affecting Ireland, when the fact is that most western economies are the same way.

Rb wrote: »
    Javaboy hit the nail on the head, it's not their fault we've a corrupt bunch of apes representing us in Government, it's those who've kept them in power. It could even be your own mother, but they're the ones who deserve the blame for this Government, not those who got offered a few hundred K and couldn't find it in them to turn it down.

In all fairness, and keeping in mind that you are both right, I honestly don't see any other party doing any better.
    I'm not saying FF are the best people for the job. I'm a Labour supporter myself, but this goes beyong who we have in power.

We need law reforms throughout the entire system, especially in relation to white collar crimes.
    As more and more stories come out about high level corruption, the people of this country are losing faith in banks and large corporations.
    Those at the top need to be held accountable for their actions and anyone in power, be it FF, FG, Labour or even SF needs to change the laws to make these people pay for their crimes.

The sad fact of the matter is that there are som many people in this country who will just keep voting FF because it's a family tradition and they don't want to be seen to go against it. Yes, your vote is anonymous, but people are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Will any TD have the guts to put in a vote of no confidence in this current shame of a government. Seriously, tomorrow im marching in the city centre along with hopefully 100s of thousands of people. Maybe it's about time we kick out this lot and get in someone who can sort this mess out. my job is hanging by a fine tread and ill be ****ed if im gonna go on the fu.cking dole when good leadership is all thats needed to save jobs and bring us out of this mess and get people spending money again buying houses and investing

Dreaming again?

Terry wrote: »
    Indeed.
    An awful lot of people seem to be under the impression that this recession is only affecting Ireland, when the fact is that most western economies are the same way.

In all fairness, and keeping in mind that you are both right, I honestly don't see any other party doing any better.
    I'm not saying FF are the best people for the job. I'm a Labour supporter myself, but this goes beyong who we have in power.

We need law reforms throughout the entire system, especially in relation to white collar crimes.
    As more and more stories come out about high level corruption, the people of this country are losing faith in banks and large corporations.
    Those at the top need to be held accountable for their actions and anyone in power, be it FF, FG, Labour or even SF needs to change the laws to make these people pay for their crimes.

The sad fact of the matter is that there are som many people in this country who will just keep voting FF because it's a family tradition and they don't want to be seen to go against it. Yes, your vote is anonymous, but people are idiots.
    Dreaming again?

I agree in part with your point a new gov is not a magic pill that will solve our problems thats not my point. What im saying is, I feel a new mandate and drive will work better then a government (fianna fail) that have made friends with and wined and dined with builders and speculators for the best part of 30 years. Sure how are these lads gonna lead us into the future without an agenda to uphold. Kick them to the curb and let the people decide what is best for this little island of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I agree in part with your point a new gov is not a magic pill that will solve our problems thats not my point. What im saying is, I feel a new mandate and drive will work better then a government (fianna fail) that have made friends with and wined and dined with builders and speculators for the best part of 30 years. Sure how are these lads gonna lead us into the future without an agenda to uphold. Kick them to the curb and let the people decide what is best for this little island of ours.

The people did decide, and voted Fianna Fáil. Honestly what is so difficult to understand about that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

WTF do people want house prices in Ireland to start rising again, we hit a boom and sh1t got waaay to expensive. The average estate house in Ireland should only be around €100K-€150K

qz wrote: »
    The people did decide, and voted Fianna Fáil. Honestly what is so difficult to understand about that? :confused:

Eh fine gail won way more new seats then FF in the last election. They (FF) peddled a load of bull**** and made up figures about the countrys growth over the next few years from what i can see. FF are a disgrace I never have and never will vote for them. Sure they promised growth and didnt deliver there calculations where way off on the forecast for there 5 year plan. It seems ok for them to back track and move the goal posts as they see fit this makes me so ****ing mad.

• Advertisement

WTF do people want house prices in Ireland to start rising again, we hit a boom and sh1t got waaay to expensive. The average estate house in Ireland should only be around €100K-€150K

I never said anything about house prices rising. Simply it would be great if people where able to buy houses as it would generate taxes, create some jobs and fill up some of them ghost towns in the likes of longford and adams town in Dublin

Eh fine gail won way more new seats then FF in the last election. They (FF) peddled a load of bull**** and made up figures about the countrys growth over the next few years from what i can see. FF are a disgrace I never have and never will vote for them. Sure they promised growth and didnt deliver there calculations where way off on the forecast for there 5 year plan. It seems ok for them to back track and move the goal posts as they see fit this makes me so ****ing mad.

Will they someone please do the spellcheck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I honestly don't see any other party doing any better.

Truth!

I never said anything about house prices rising. Simply it would be great if people where able to buy houses as it would generate taxes, create some jobs and fill up some of them ghost towns in the likes of longford and adams town in Dublin

Do you not realise that: the more people buy houses, the more the demand for the houses goes up - ergo house prices can and will rise and we will be back in 2005.

Do you even know what you're ranting about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Indeed.

But it's how each country handles it.

When everybody else on the planet dusts themselves off and carries on after the temporary glitch, we'll be banging two stones together for a fire and washing our loincloths in the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Sure they promised growth and didnt deliver there calculations where way off on the forecast for there 5 year plan. It seems ok for them to back track and move the goal posts as they see fit this makes me so ****ing mad.

Could you elaborate more on this. I guessed what they mainly promised was improved infrastructure for the country. They are delivering on this or be it so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Its unavoidable but the debt the country is in could have been avoided. until energy prices drop, new jobs wont be arriving here anytime shortly.

qz wrote: »
    Do you not realise that: the more people buy houses, the more the demand for the houses goes up - ergo house prices can and will rise and we will be back in 2005.

Do you even know what you're ranting about?

Are people not a loud to aspire to buy there own home, as it may effect rising pricing.

Earth to QZ nobody is able to buy a ****ing house at the moment whole townships lay un occupied....FACT. im not talking about 2005 where 2 investors where bidding against each either for the same shoe box apartment fueled by the same bank offering more and more to each investor creating a bidding war until one of them backs down and the winner talks all. Im talking about ordinary
    People in 2009 wanting to buy homes but cant due to the credit crunch causing a huge increase in houses lying un-occupied causing a tax vacuum and other problems..Welcome to eire 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The March is about the governments approach to the economic crisis.

No Viable alternative?

If I hear that once more I'm going to scream. The average joe in the street has reasonable enforcful ideas about how to make and save or recoup funds in a reasonable and correct way.

No one disputes that there is a recession. We're just quite sick of the inconsistancies.

• Advertisement

Are people not a loud to aspire to buy there own home, as it may effect rising pricing.

Of course people are allowed to aspire to purchase their own home, they can aspire to whatever they want. You didn't say this though, you originally said people needed to be "spending money again buying houses and investing".
    Earth to QZ nobody is able to buy a ****ing house at the moment

You're inconsistent and I'm confused. See above.

Advertisement