Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you listen to music?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of an odd one really, never been able to get my head around it...

I have a few friends and know a couple other people that have absolute NO interest in music. This is absolute madness in my mind, how someone could survive without it is beyond me...

So how bout it... Any of you freaks people on boards?

Do you listen to music? 271 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 271 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I don't think it's possible to vote no. Music is everywhere. TV, Radios, Shops, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I don't think it's possible to vote no. Music is everywhere. TV, Radios, Shops, etc.

That's hearing music. He means listen... man. I mean really listen. Dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i would listen to > 100 tracks at day, easily.

in fact i'm listening right now.

i would die if i couldn't listen to music, i really would

I don't really. I don't have a soul for it to appeal to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭metamorphic

They're probably telling you they don't because you bang on about it so much. I know people like you, and you make me dislike discussing music. ;) (if you're one of those people of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Listen by choice ie. listen to music as entertainment...

Wasn't asking if people go around with ear protectors to avoid it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I couldn't not listen to music.....I listen a music all the time!

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Listen by choice ie. listen to music as entertainment...

Wasn't asking if people go around with ear protectors to avoid it...

see? you're still banging on about it. Jaysus!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I go through phases of listening & not listening to music (tbh i do that with everything, haven't listened to radio for past 4 months).

at the moment i am listening to ambient, easy listening, chilled out kind of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Someone tries to take music away from me, I take their life. No negotiation:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I do indeed listen to music.

I'll bang what I want and yore ma will enjoy it... :pac:

didn't take long. wp. "I for one welcome our new banging overlords" Zzzzzz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone who doesn't listen to music is a freak of nature, and I fart in your general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

according to my last.fm i've listend to 63 tracks today well since 00:00am.

that's actually quite high consider i was asleep from 2:00-11:30.

should have made the poll public so we could lynch the gingers that voted no :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

Music is my life. My brother got a car 3 years ago and all it has is a crappy radio and tape player. I'm in a state of shock that he still ahsn't got a CD player for it. That woulda been the first thing I get. Even before petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm listening to music right now! To drown out the death metal my housemate is listening to across the room.

should have made the poll public so we could lynch the gingers that voted no :pac:

DAMN!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes but I'm not glued to my mp3 player either :) Usually listen in the car, just got a stereo with USB so can now load up what I feel like listening to every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I love music, can't live without it. I listen to around 50 songs a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Didn't think gingers were allowed to listen to music in the first place. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I would go tunefully crazy if I hadn't my music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I listen to a **** load of music. Wake up in the morning and head to work, listening to music. Get in and say hello, sit down at 9:30 and listen to music nonstop at my desk, breaking only for meetings. So call it about 5 hours of listening to music. Arrive home and stick on a mix by Ghosty or Peter Worth or Decline to chill out after the day, then load up Win Amp with a playlist depending on the mood and listen until i go to bed. Hit the hay and stick on something like Dream Theatre, Opeth of Fat Freddies Drop, anything that is good to fall asleep to.

I'd say on weekdays i spend about 80% of my time awake listening to music. Weekends even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I know a lot of people say "I listen to music. If there's nothing on the TV I will switch it off and just listen to music." I have yet to meet someone who actually does this though.

I've reminded people of their words and the main excuses are "Ah, I can't really be arsëd." "I can never decide what to listen to." and "Oh yeah, I used to do that, when I lived at home."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes. It's safe to say, I do.

Neesa wrote: »
    I know a lot of people say "I listen to music. If there's nothing on the TV I will switch it off and just listen to music." I have yet to meet someone who actually does this though.

I've reminded people of their words and the main excuses are "Ah, I can't really be arsëd." "I can never decide what to listen to." and "Oh yeah, I used to do that, when I lived at home."

Can't decide what to listen to?? Straaaaaaange....

/hits play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yes I do. Constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Yep. Apparently it's "too much hassle" trying to decide what songs to put on, whether to play the whole album, if not then they have to keep changing...
    :confused: - I don't get it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I fooking luv Music. It counts for 50% of my day in total. I have to listen to music everyday

BTW I know this is sort of off topic but the is just a few bands that i listen to

Metallica and Tenacious D are my all time favourites. Guns 'n' Roses, Queen, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Aerosmith, Cold, The Rolling Stones, The Police, Black Sabbath, Stone Sour, Slipknot, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Weird Al Yankovich, Artic Monkeys, The Offspring, Bob Marley, The Clash, The Who, Apocalyptica, Lordi, Nine Inch Nails, Gavin Rosedale, Smash Mouth and Pink Floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Now, I can't say that's too strange. I feel like that sometimes, like I can't decide between one thing or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yep, love music! Don't go through a day without a dose...

🤪

Advertisement