Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Textile Bike Gear

Options
  • 12-01-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Ok lads,

Don't have a woman to this for me :o ...

The care label on the jacket says that it should be handwashed at 30 degrees but there's a stink off it so I'd prefer to put it in the washing machine on a delicate wash using Nikwax to keep the waterproofing intact and make it smell better.

Is this generally the thing to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Fabio wrote: »
    Ok lads,

Don't have a woman to this for me :o ...

The care label on the jacket says that it should be handwashed at 30 degrees but there's a stink off it so I'd prefer to put it in the washing machine on a delicate wash using Nikwax to keep the waterproofing intact and make it smell better.

Is this generally the thing to do?

I do the same with my Hein Gericke jacket. 30 degree wash with the Nikwax cleaner and straight after a 40 degree wash with the Nikwax goretext sealer (as stated on the bottle). Never had an issue with it. Care instructions for the jacket are for 30 degrees, delicate cycle with mild detergent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Great stuff. What I did was put it in the wash on a 40 degree "synthethic cycle" wash using nikwax tech-wash and spun it once the cycle was finished using a 600rpm cycle.

Oh and I turned it inside out and made sure all zips and buttons were closed.

I heated up my bedroom (no smart comments!) and hung the jacket to dry in there.

It smells good this morning and looks a little better.

Great stuff. What I did was put it in the wash on a 40 degree "synthethic cycle" wash using nikwax tech-wash and spun it once the cycle was finished using a 600rpm cycle.

Oh and I turned it inside out and made sure all zips and buttons were closed.

I heated up my bedroom (no smart comments!) and hung the jacket to dry in there.

It smells good this morning and looks a little better.

Did you not get a sealer as well as the tech wash? This is the one the prolongs the goretex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 moonie35

go and ask my B A L L S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Nah just used the tech-wash didn't think I needed a sealer as well. From what I read the tech-wash did that anyway...

Hmmm I should probably use a sealer next time as well so yeah?

• Advertisement

Nah just used the tech-wash didn't think I needed a sealer as well. From what I read the tech-wash did that anyway...

Hmmm I should probably use a sealer next time as well so yeah?

Checked the one at home and it is TX.Direct by Nikwax. Only reason I had it was when I got the jacket the sold the kit to go with it at a good price.

Advertisement