Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Nice One Boycey. Don't think I have ever experienced a Hamer. Did you just blow the Blackstar budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's some nice gear, the Schecter and Ibanez in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Tasty stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Doctor J wrote: »
    That's some nice gear, the Schecter and Ibanez in particular

Cheers, the Schecter is an absolute dream - plays better than it looks and the tone off it is beautiful; the 26.5" neck and EMG 707s can make for a pretty hefty sound and all for only €500 too (eBay). The Ibanez is plays beautifully and the neck is one of the fastest I've ever come across. The trem is nowhere near as good as an OFR though and the stock pups are pretty shite, I'm planning to throw in some DiMarzios when I have some spare cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Those guitars deserve separate pics each, some sweet gear there. 3082866834_3991ba605e_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Im in concurrence with the doc, the finish on the ibanez especially is jaw dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Quattroste wrote: »
    Nice One Boycey. Don't think I have ever experienced a Hamer. Did you just blow the Blackstar budget?

You havent experienced a Hamer yet Quattroste;)
    The Blackstar budget is still safe, waiting patiently never was my forte though! Waiting for the call from x-music (I still havent been out there yet).

Parsley wrote: »
    Early Christmas for me! :D '62 RI Fender Precision:
    I'm in love with the neck on it!
    Excellent choice. You just can't go wrong with those basses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

How many basses does that bring you up to now, 16?

Patricide wrote: »
    How many basses does that bring you up to now, 16?
    14, for now.:D

• Advertisement

Darkstrike wrote: »
    14, for now.:D
    Ugh, make it 15, got a Squier Telebass today.:rolleyes:

What Telebass? I see no Telebass :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Just in the door man! I'll be takin' a pic soon!:D

Until then, this pic of a pickguard I made for the Candy Cola Squier will have to tide you over!
    Photo-0080.jpg

It looks kinda like the Steve Harris signature bass that was out a few years ago. :cool:

Dord wrote: »
    It looks kinda like the Steve Harris signature bass that was out a few years ago. :cool:
    Him and Phil Lynott are two of my fave players.:)

It has a nice headstock!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

It has a nice everything else too but the pics ishi sent me wont do it justice ;)

GStormcrow wrote: »
    It has a nice everything else too but the pics ishi sent me wont do it justice ;)
    I'll believe you, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Got a good deal on that one alright. 666th post in this thread. How many guitars/basses you at now doc?

My missus says too many :pac:

I say I only have one RG :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You don't have one of every sort so you don't have enough.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's what I keep saying but she never listens. Women, eh? ;)

"But look honey, you can play this one! And this one is flowery so it matches the curtains!"

JEM77FP-lg.jpg

The blue flower one ftw

DSC00029.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

This is what happens when you visit FS forums after a trip to the boozer. Naughty naughty but there ya go. Dunno if it's the recession or just trends but guitars like this shouldn't be sitting as cheap as this one was with zero interest in them. It's a crazy world. Anyway, ho ho ho :D

http://www.justinmaloney.com/images/ib.jpg
    Congrats ;) That's got an original Edge on it, which is a mucho-awesome trem as far as locking trems go.

Yeah I thought it might look a bit familiar to you :D

It's pretty damn good guitar, I have to say. I'll sort out the frets after crimbo, make it real nice :)

Yeah I thought it might look a bit familiar to you :D

It's pretty damn good guitar, I have to say. I'll sort out the frets after crimbo, make it real nice :)

Aye, and there should be a few spares if the lad kept them, a couple of nut shims which you'll likely want if you're putting coat-hangers on it :pac: and trem spares etc. Lovely guitar for the money, does the job and does it well ;)

Oh, and watch out for the locking trem posts. If you don't know they're there its easy to break them.

Aye, and there should be a few spares if the lad kept them, a couple of nut shims which you'll likely want if you're putting coat-hangers on it :pac: and trem spares etc. Lovely guitar for the money, does the job and does it well ;)

Amen to that. Had a go on it yesterday and now I have J-Custom gas :(

Yeah all the bits are there. Not too much to do to it tbh, just take the wee ruts out of the lower frets and an overall level and dress. I quite like the overall feel of the neck. The pickups are quite decent too, but I have half a mind to put EMGs into it just for something different. Ahh, I'll give it a while, just get used to it and decide then. First things first is to put some 11s on it. I just can't cope with 9s :D

Oh, and watch out for the locking trem posts. If you don't know they're there its easy to break them.
    Locking trem posts you say? Have never even heard of them. Cheers, I'll keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

The pickups are quite decent too, but I have half a mind to put EMGs into it just for something different.
    At that price you could bang whatever you want in there and it'll still be good value. Best of luck with it anyhow, 550s are great guitars :)
    Locking trem posts you say? Have never even heard of them.
    The smallest allen key goes inside the post, theres an internal allen screw that locks the post to the body studs. Stops the posts from wiggling and improves stability, and has to be unlocked again to adjust action. They stopped shipping them for a good while because people kept breaking them, but they re-introduced them last year, just not assembled.

Advertisement