Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

honda s2000 road tax

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

howdy all,can anyone here tell me how much road tax i would have to pay a year on a honda s2000 if i import it from the uk,i thought it would be in the €2000 a year bracket but a friend of mine thinks it wont be this much and says it should only be around €600 to tax it.

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackhammer

Doesn't the CO2 emissions tax rate apply to cars registered after 1st July 2008. As far as know, the S2000 is rated at 237 g/km which means the annual road tax is 2 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This needs to be put into a huge banner ad or something at this stage.

If it is a 2008 car it'll be on the C02 rates (1st Jan -31st June have a choice or C02 or old rates) , It's it's 2007 or older it's on the old rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

^^ YES. Make a sticky tbh. 07 cars get to pick which option though don;t they? Either CO2 or CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    ^^ YES. Make a sticky tbh. 07 cars get to pick which option though don;t they? Either CO2 or CC?
    No, 2008 cars registered pre-July get to pick. Make this a sticky too! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Agreed!

esel wrote: »
    No, 2008 cars registered pre-July get to pick. Make this a sticky too! :D

Good job I included that bit in my post.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

^^ YES. Make a sticky tbh.

It was a sticky for many months since about this time last year. Still didn't stop people asking this question over and over again :)

BTW the link to the thread is still in the charter!

unkel wrote: »
    It was a sticky for many months since about this time last year. Still didn't stop people asking this question over and over again :)

Thats why I said banner ad (preferrably flashing) and not a sticky.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

^^ True that! Ha, yea I remember the huge thread we had in the run up to the changes.

Hmm might have to include it in the auld sig so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Stekelly wrote: »
    Thats why I said banner ad (preferrably flashing) and not a sticky.:)

Don't overestimate my powers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

While on the subject of stickies - how about a motors glossary of terms?

No more slow lane, fast lane, inside lane, outside lane, etc, and no one saying if its dusk, should I use my sidelights or parking lights or dipped beams or dipped headlights or headlights or full beams? Just an idea....

Advertisement