Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Resolutions!

Options
  • 23-12-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know it's not even christmas day yet, but just wondering have any of you ladies or gentlemen, for that matter, given any thought to them... resolutions that is.

What do you think of them, do ya hold them, do ya break them? What's the strangest one you have ever heard?

I'm thinking about mine, and tbh im not too sure!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

This year I didn't make any and I've had one of the best years of my life probably so I'm not going to make any for next year either, except to stay happy :D

I always broke them after a few weeks anyway! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Yeah I have virtually no willpower so hardly ever end up sticking with my resolutions - BUT I guess my top one this Christmas would be to find a job. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I'm going to be resolute in not making any resolutions, and for lent I'm giving up giving up!

Merry Xmas & best wishes for 2008 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've no willpower whatsoever so my resolution last year was to go to more gigs, which I did in spades. This year, I'll try up my gig attendance more, which is looking increasingly likely. Also I must pass my driving test this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hey
    I more try to set targets for myself..

I want to try for another baby in the new year.

I want to go to the states shopping next december.

I want to finally get the back garden finished.

I want to be a happier, healthier, fitter quality.

I want to stay off the smokes.

I want to drink less....
    I wanna spend more time with my mam and dad.

Thats it for now.

• Advertisement

I want to couchsurf in a different european city every month this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I want to couchsurf in a different european city every month this year.

A while ago when the internet was just getting popular, a guy asked if he could be invited to your house and stay. He would then put up pics of you, your town and whatever else was interesting on his website. He went round the world several times AFAIK!

There was another guy who asked people to send him money and he would blow up his computer! check the vid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i kinda just wish i could forget everything in my past, and focus on my future... but... i duno if, in the future i could be the person im required to be, if i was to just forget everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I know I say it every year... but this year I definitely want to become a monkey.

I know I say it every year... but this year I definitely want to become a monkey.

just keep saving up... enough money and you'll eventually get the funds toghete r :P

alternatively... you could hlep me with my not-rellie-campaign on exacting vengeance on the ****wit who ****ed up my nana......

• Advertisement

narco wrote: »
    alternatively... you could hlep me with my not-relaly-campaign on exacting vengeance on the ****wit who ****ed up my nana......

Well... once I'm a monkey I'll be able to get my monkey friends to help me find him and pelt him with poop.

Well... once I'm a monkey I'll be able to get my monkey friends to help me find him and pelt him with poop.

but... as a person, you have opposable thumbs which can help wioth general strangulation/fling stuff at them...

mostly i want the ****ers dead, or ****ing wishing they were....

hmm...

i think i shall maybe drink less in the new year...

and definitely post less while drinknig...

adn most certainly try to NOT let msn conversations overlap into threads...

narco wrote: »
    hmm...

i think i shall maybe drink less in the new year...

and definitely post less while drinknig...

adn most certainly try to NOT let msn conversations overlap into threads...

Pffft.... where's the fun in that?

actually, i ahve to admit, i didnt quite have the heart attack i'd been anticipating when i checked my last lot of messages... and my b/f is still talking to me, so i mustn't have said anything too bad...

so maybe the above post was an over-reaction on my part...

you are such an enabler...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Be nicer, I;ve become a bit bitchy these last few months, I'll try not to be as blunt either!

Also wear nicer clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, was just wondering who here has made loosing weight and toning up one of their 08 resolutions? Would people be interested in getting a support network going - recipes, exercise tips, perhaps exercise buddies? We can keep each other motivated and help each other out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

yeah id be up for that! :D

count me in...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah sure I disagree with the concept of New Years resolutions.

Its just procrastination, I don't see why we should wait until Jan 1st to suddenly decide to stop eating chocolate.

PUT DOWN THE MARS BAR NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Hi, was just wondering who here has made loosing weight and toning up one of their 08 resolutions? Would people be interested in getting a support network going - recipes, exercise tips, perhaps exercise buddies? We can keep each other motivated and help each other out?

Oh i'd be up for that!! I need help to keep motivated or to move my lazy arse!! count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

DubLegs wrote: »
    Oh i'd be up for that!! I need help to keep motivated or to move my lazy arse!! count me in!

I agree,
    it's ten times as easy to stick to a plan if you've got others working alongside you.

If your all working out at the same time for example, you'll feel much less inclined to slack off for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Yeah I definitely would be interested... Have started pilates but need to do more exercise. I hate this bloody weather.

The weather is one of the best excuses not to go for run :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

New Year's Resolutions?

Loose weight - half a stone gone
    Get off the booze - I've had one beer since 28th December
    Get back to college - registering next Wednesday.

I'm doing pretty well :D

feylya wrote: »
    New Year's Resolutions?

Loose weight - half a stone gone
    Get off the booze - I've had one beer since 28th December
    Get back to college - registering next Wednesday.

I'm doing pretty well :D

Oh well done!

Mine are to loose weight and start to look after myself again. I haven't seen the inside of a beauticians in aaaaaaaages. And I would love a hair cut. But I'm saving those treats for when I get down to my ideal weight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

A bit early I know but Im in work and Im bored.

Heres mine

1. Stay off the cigs
    2. Stop wasting money on taxis
    3. Keep the roots in order
    4. Lose a few pounds blah
    5. Not let cat bully me into feeding him 5 times a day

Nothing too profound. Im kinda shallow :pac:

Anyone got any serious changes they would like to make in a shiny new 2009?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm gonna start exercising less as I dont enjoy it and eat more chocolate as I enjoy that a lot more:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Knew there was one of these around here somewhere... and Quality.. looks like you stuck to at least one of yours!!!! :)
    Quality wrote: »
    Hey
    I more try to set targets for myself..

I want to try for another baby in the new year.

I want to go to the states shopping next december.

I want to finally get the back garden finished.

I want to be a happier, healthier, fitter quality.

I want to stay off the smokes.

I want to drink less....
    I wanna spend more time with my mam and dad.

Thats it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Not making any this year. Like Clare Bear i adopted a roll with the punches attitude to 2008 and have had one of the best years of my lifes. The ups have far outweighed the downs.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

This years one was to just have a better year then 2007, and 2008 has pretty much been the best year ever.
    This year I want to get the house in order and basically just enjoy our first year living together.

Advertisement