Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG BROTHER ALERT !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

NO, it starts with MAJOR Criminals, then petty criminals, then eventually everything is a feckin crime and you are being monitored 24/7 just in case you might be a Criminal
    Sure if your not doing anything wrong whats the problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

seanybiker wrote: »
    Sure if your not doing anything wrong whats the problem

the classic mindset of the Sheeple, they will always find something, I have lst count of the amount of Random/routine checkpoints I have been pulled over at by the cops here in Australia, they will always find something, if you can defeat their initial assumption then they will find something else....

the idea is to limit their powers, not give them carteblanche over the population

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

OK theres where you are mistaken, once they deal with the Scumbags then We become the Criminals, there will always heve to be "crime" to justify the hugepolice forces these Lizzzards seem to prefer, course there will also be a 'Homeland Security' type thing and many
    'Re-Nedification' centres.
    20 years ago there would have been public uproar if the Gardai were given the powers to clip crocodile clips on the incoming P+T telegraph wires coming into our house and tape all our phone calls, open and photocopy all our letters before the postman delivers them in the door. The Sheeple find no harm in the above when modern terms are used IE, ISPS , Emails, URLS, electronic data, and service providers. etc.

I explained the above to my old man in layman's terms terms and he was disgusted how they can get away with it. He never knew how to send an Email or text message in his life He was also a law abiding citizen. He now feels that he is being treated just like a convict no different to anyone in Mountjoy.

The Government is PRO Lisbon which is in itself a part of the NWO. They are laying down the groundwork and infrastructure for this fascist Global organisation.

thats a pretty good analogy there RTDH, I think itsacase where we have been slowly conditioned to accept this as 'the way it is'

is it still a criminal offence for someone other than the reciepient to open a letter??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

20 years ago there would have been public uproar if the Gardai were given the powers to clip crocodile clips on the incoming P+T telegraph wires coming into our house and tape all our phone calls, open and photocopy all our letters before the postman delivers them in the door.
    The police had those powers 20 years ago.

Then, as now, it required authorisation to use them.
    The Sheeple find no harm in the above when modern terms are used IE, ISPS , Emails, URLS, electronic data, and service providers. etc.
    Whereas informed people see no major distinction when existing powers are extended to cover new media.

The issue, regardless of whether it be an application to new or old technology, has always been - and should remain - that of oversight.
    I explained the above to my old man in layman's terms terms and he was disgusted how they can get away with it.
    Did you explain to your old man that 20 years ago the police could tap his phone and read his mail? Or did you explain it in terms that 20 years ago, they could do none of this stuff under any circumstances, whereas today, they can do it on the slightest pretext, possibly even to the point of just browsing cause they were bored in work?
    He now feels that he is being treated just like a convict no different to anyone in Mountjoy.
    I have a suspicion that this may be due to the explanation he received being somewhat biased.
    The Government is PRO Lisbon which is in itself a part of the NWO.
    Did you tell your "old man" this as well? Did you tell him that no matter who he votes for, it won't matter because they're all in on it? Did he believe you?

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    The police had those powers 20 years ago.
    Then, as now, it required authorization to use them.
    You must have been asleep for the last week. :rolleyes: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/1107/1225925540654.html

The issue, regardless of whether it be an application to new or old technology, has always been - and should remain - that of oversight.
    Newer digital technology leaves itself wide open to track & trace unlike conventional methods, The authorities take advantage to this to watch all our movements and nobody bats an eyelid. Twenty years ago if you were told by the authorities that you had to show ID, write your name and address in a book every time you crossed a toll bridge or boarded a bus or train you would have cried out about it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6110866.stm

Did you tell your "old man" this as well? Did you tell him that no matter who he votes for, it won't matter because they're all in on it? Did he believe you?
    I told my old man that a YES vote for Lisbon would rip our constitution to shreds and bring abortion into the country, I told the same to all my elderly relatives. :pac:

BIG BROTHER ALERT

Evening Herald Monday, November 17 2008

The New World Order, WooooPs, the EU plans forcing airlines to give passenger records to police authorities will create a BIG BROTHER society and increase the cost of air travel, an Oireachtas Committee insists.

Passenger Name Record (PNR)is personal and confidential data provided by the passenger at reservation, check-in and boarding. :eek:

Before you even board the plane the authorities will know exactly what you had for breakfast. If you had being viewing any unauthorized web sites they will have all this at their fingertips and will haul you in and quiz you for hours just like they do in America. :eek:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/big-brother-plan-will-push-up-flight-costs-1542263.html

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Passenger Name Record (PNR)is personal and confidential data provided by the passenger at reservation, check-in and boarding. :eek:

Before you even board the plane the authorities will know exactly what you had for breakfast.
    I don't remember ever providing that information when booking a flight.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I don't remember ever providing that information when booking a flight.

Either has I or anyone else because it has not come into effect.

Read the link.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I did. It didn't mention breakfast.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I did. It didn't mention breakfast.
    Big Brother will know that right down to the brand of cereal, bacon and eggs from your EFT sales and loyalty card records :pac:

You must have been asleep for the last week. :rolleyes: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/1107/1225925540654.html

No, I wasn't asleep at all. Despite your eye-rolling, you should still be able to note that the comissioner asked for the retention of this data, not for unrestricted access to it.

As with any other such data, authorisation will be required to access it.
    Twenty years ago if you were told by the authorities that you had to show ID, write your name and address in a book every time you crossed a toll bridge or boarded a bus or train you would have cried out about it.
    I'd complain about it today as well, if I had to show ID, and/or sign my name and address for these things. Today, just as 20 years ago, I don't have to....so I'm not quite sure what it is you're arguing.

On the other hand, 25-30 years ago, I could get stopped on the street by armed soldiers, or have my car halted on an empty road by same. I could have assault weapons pointed in my general direction while I was quizzed on where I was going to and coming from. I could have the contents of my car inspected to verify my claim of being on my way home from shopping.

Thats before we go into the exceptional, horror stories.

Maybe your dad doesn't remember that so well...but I certainly do.
    I told my old man that a YES vote for Lisbon would rip our constitution to shreds and bring abortion into the country, I told the same to all my elderly relatives. :pac:
    Good for you. I like the vision of an honest world, devoid of fear-mongering that you are promoting.

No, I wasn't asleep at all. Despite your eye-rolling, you should still be able to note that the commissioner asked for the retention of this data, not for unrestricted access to it.

As with any other such data, authorization will be required to access it.
    Once this becomes law the door is left wide open for abuse, ma be not for this party but for god knows who may get in or take control at a later stage. With harmonizing of resources revenue, social welfare and every other department could hold such digital records against you as evidence in court. Such data will be shared with authorities arounnd the Globe as what is currently happening.

I'd complain about it today as well, if I had to show ID, and/or sign my name and address for these things. Today, just as 20 years ago, I don't have to....so I'm not quite sure what it is you're arguing.
    You obviously dint take the Westlink, those that do give their names and addresses upon crossing it. As we discussed on transport, give it a few years you will not be able to board a public bus or train without a pre registered smart card. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4800490.stm

On the other hand, 25-30 years ago, I could get stopped on the street by armed soldiers, or have my car halted on an empty road by same. I could have assault weapons pointed in my general direction while I was quizzed on where I was going to and coming from. I could have the contents of my car inspected to verify my claim of being on my way home from shopping.
    I spent much of my childhood in South Armagh and Co Down and know all about armed checkpoints. In the NWO there will be little or no need for armed checkpoints. Doors would be kicked in with suspects arrested from personal profiles built up from data records shared by the various authorities before the culprits have a chance to load the boot.

In future ALL your shopping records will show up your profile. The ISBN number on the books you ordered or purchase with your National ID card, the magazines you reed, even the internet web sites that you browse will be logged by Big Brother and could be used against you. :eek:
    Thats before we go into the exceptional, horror stories.

Maybe your dad doesn't remember that so well...but I certainly do.

Good for you. I like the vision of an honest world, devoid of fear-mongering that you are promoting.
    Nothing fear mongering about exposing the NWO and keeping the wolf of Lisbon at bay. :)

There is more than one way to skin a cat and you can be damn sure that there will be another referendum within the end of this decade. They might even get the electronic voting machines up and running so they can programme it to win on a YES majority. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

You obviously dint take the Westlink, those that do give their names and addresses upon crossing it. As we discussed on transport, give it a few years you will not be able to board a public bus or train without a pre registered smart card. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4800490.stm

You mean there isn't a pay as go choice on the westlink?
    I spent much of my childhood in South Armagh and Co Down and know all about armed checkpoints. In the NWO there will be little or no need for armed checkpoints. Doors would be kicked in with suspects arrested from personal profiles built up from data records shared by the various authorities before the culprits have a chance to load the boot.

Um you do understand that since the end of the troubles security in the north has been significantly downgraded. There may not be check points but at the same time the BA and PSNI aren't kicking down doors with the same level of intensity.

In future ALL your shopping records will show up your profile. The ISBN number on the books you ordered or purchase with your National ID card, the magazines you reed, even the internet web sites that you browse will be logged by Big Brother and could be used against you. :eek:

You have grasped that club/nectar cards are freely available optional extras. I dislike being profiled while my wife likes the points, I mean suggesting that ALL your shopping recording will show up on your profile when we pay cash and any clubcards type scheme is opt in is just daft?

What are you suggesting that nectard cards will be tied into ID cards?

[quot
    Nothing fear mongering about exposing the NWO and keeping the wolf of Lisbon at bay. :)
    [/quote]

Explain why Libson is wrong?
    There is more thae]n one way to skin a cat and you can be damn sure that there will be another referendum within the end of this decade. They might even get the electronic voting machines up and running so they can programme it to win on a YES majority. :pac::pac::pac:

So bascially you're saying that there is a giant global conspiracy who can control everything except the vote in a tiny island?

Does the cognitive dissoance in your argument give you massive headaches?

I would advise ye to have a look at how Australia has implemented the technologies being discussed here for a glimpse of what ye should expect over the next few years back home

Diogenes wrote: »
    You mean there isn't a pay as go choice on the westlink?
    Since 30th August your registration details are logged and timed to the second each time you cross the westlink (In Theory :rolleyes:). There is no anonymous cash option if you are trying to imply.
    Um you do understand that since the end of the troubles security in the north has been significantly downgraded. There may not be check points but at the same time the BA and PSNI aren't kicking down doors with the same level of intensity.
    There is a reason for this is the ceasefire. :rolleyes:

If the troubles ever started up again life would not at all be as easy for any dissidents particularly living in London with all the ANPR CCTV and other high tech digital police surveillance equipment that was unheard of 20 years ago. Plenty of doors would be "kicked in".
    You have grasped that club/nectar cards are freely available optional extras. I dislike being profiled while my wife likes the points, I mean suggesting that ALL your shopping recording will show up on your profile when we pay cash and any clubcards type scheme is opt in is just daft?

What are you suggesting that nectard cards will be tied into ID cards?
    Not now but under the retention of data act supermarkets are obliged to hold this information for several years.

I doubt if the authorities have live access to loyalty card records at present but the way things are going it would not surprise me in the least if they have applied for it. (UK) Give it time and they will have it in this so called "war on terror"

The authorities could presently request data records from any supermarket chain if they though it deemed necessary in solving an investigation.
    Explain why Lisbon is wrong?
    Several reasons, perhaps the most frighting one is that Irish law and order will be superseded by Global NWO legislation which inevitably be handed over to foreign authorities. :eek:

We are already getting a taste of Europes Orwellian legoislation. This was disgussed in the Oireachtas just yesterday, In the NWO there would be none of this, this law would be pushed straight through with no government say on the matter. http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/big-brother-plan-will-push-up-flight-costs-1542263.html

Imagine if the Death penalty was reintroduced in Ireland in the fight against "terrorism" then we were told by the authorities that anyone who resisted the NWO was considered a terrorist.:eek:

So basically you're saying that there is a giant global conspiracy who can control everything except the vote in a tiny island?
    This up and coming NWO monster has the wooden spoon out and is slapping the leaders of this tiny island to do something about it irrespective of what we the people of Ireland have decided on and they won't give up until the treaty is ratified.
    I would advise ye to have a look at how Australia has implemented the technologies being discussed here for a glimpse of what ye should expect over the next few years back home
    I lived in Australia for two years in the mid 90ies, there was laws that were passed back then that are only coming in to Ireland now, one is the random bottle (No harm). You have mandatory Bicycles helmets FFS. :rolleyes:

BIG BROTHER ALERT !!!

The Irish Times 18th November 2008.

Personal details must be handed over by Government to keep up US Visa waiver scheme.

The GOVERNMENT will have to agree to a sweeping new agreement on sharing criminal data with the NWO if Ireland is to remain part of the visa waiver programme, US homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff said yesterday.

The deal would mean exchanging data, including DNA and fingerprint records, and in some cases details of individuals' political and religious beliefs and sexual orientation - even on people not planning to travel to the US.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/1118/1226961467105.html?via=mr

This goes without saying that the United States and European Union are both bedfellows on setting up the New World Order.

The same gun was put to the Governments head by the EU authorities just yesterday concerning personal data handed out with all European Flight check in's and on top of all this the Gardai are getting thumb scanners. I smell a rat !!!.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/big-brother-plan-will-push-up-flight-costs-1542263.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

BIG BROTHER ALERT !!!

The Irish Times 19th November 2008

Its not even the 19th yet, really are clutching at straws with fake news.

Its not even the 19th yet, really are clutching at straws with fake news.
    Changed, its in the link :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Changed, its in the link :rolleyes:

Link doesn't work tho...

• Advertisement

BIG BROTHER ALERT !!!

The Irish Times 18th November 2008.

Personal details must be handed over by Government to keep up US Visa waiver scheme.

The GOVERNMENT will have to agree to a sweeping new agreement on sharing criminal data with the NWO if Ireland is to remain part of the visa waiver programme, US homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff said yesterday.

The deal would mean exchanging data, including DNA and fingerprint records, and in some cases details of individuals' political and religious beliefs and sexual orientation - even on people not planning to travel to the US.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...05.html?via=mr

Link not found.
    Since 30th August your registration details are logged and timed to the second each time you cross the westlink (In Theory ). There is no anonymous cash option if you are trying to imply.

Something similar exists in london it's called the congestion charge.
    If the troubles ever started up again life would not at all be as easy for any dissidents particularly living in London with all the ANPR CCTV and other high tech digital police surveillance equipment that was unheard of 20 years ago. Plenty of doors would be "kicked in".

So I'm supposed to feel sorry for imaginary terrorists?

Furthermore London has the highest per captia of CCTV, this licence plate recognition, oyster cards. There has been one successful terrorist attack in the past three years, and two more unsuccessful terrorist attacks, these failures would have been successful were it not for the incompetence of the bombers.

I'm just saying all this supposed brilliant hi tech police surveillance stuff isn't doing a very good job.
    I doubt if the authorities have live access to loyalty card records at present but the way things are going it would not surprise me in the least if they have applied for it. (UK) Give it time and they will have it in this so called "war on terror"

So this is just paranoia in your part? Again simple thing if you don't want this information retained don't carry a loyalty card.
    The authorities could presently request data records from any supermarket chain if they though it deemed necessary in solving an investigation.

Police demand information to help catch criminal shocker.
    Several reasons, perhaps the most frighting one is that Irish law and order will be superseded by Global NWO legislation which inevitably be handed over to foreign authorities.

And can you point me to the specific part of the Lisbon treaty that will let this happen?

I don't suppose you could do something more than demand I do your research for me, could you perhaps provide a link seeing as you are more familiar with the subject matter.

Link not found. .
    sorted :)

Something similar exists in London it's called the congestion charge.
    Its not just London, its also throughout the world and eventually Dublin. The police are allowed LIVE access to the footage to track "terrorists" Cough....You and Me.
    Furthermore London has the highest per captia of CCTV, this license plate recognition, oyster cards. There has been one successful terrorist attack in the past three years, and two more unsuccessful terrorist attacks, these failures would have been successful were it not for the incompetence of the bombers. I'm just saying all this supposed brilliant hi tech police surveillance stuff isn't doing a very good job.
    CCTC and modern digital surveillance is paying off and it is working well, Terrorists are giving up their weapons and laying down their causes.

When was the last Basque bomb? Dissident IRA? Baader-Meinhof Gang? attack??? Yet more and more new surveillance devices and infringements on our civil liberties are being imposed on us day by day by the up and coming NWO despite the dramatic fall in localized terrorist attacks. As soon as peace is gained on our planet with all this wonderful technology THE CAMERAS AND TECHNOLOGY WILL BE TURNED ON US !!!
    So this is just paranoia in your part? Again simple thing if you don't want this information retained don't carry a loyalty card.
    Loyalty cards are just a sweetener and an introduction to whats in store.

In the near future you will be issued with a personal smart card / State ID that will be used for all your buying and selling. It will be used in conjunction with EAN/UPC/RFID so that BIG BROTHER knows exactly what you are buying. Every book, the amount of alcohol, where you bought it, your smokes, where you bought them, everything is itemized to source and cost.
    Police demand information to help catch criminal shocker.
    Unfortunately it is the scumbags of today that are creating a public outcry for new surveillance to catch these idiots. It will be the same surveillance equipment IE CCTV/ANPR/3D Facial recognition that will be used on us in the NWO.
    And can you point me to the specific part of the Lisbon treaty that will let this happen?
    I am like most of the members of Parliament in Ireland, IE I have not read the treaty in full, for the simple reason that it is a long winded document specifically put together to confuse people.

However several parts have pointed out to me including the sections that are known to overide the Irish constitution. This is an eye opener in itself and leaves the door wide open. Maybe someone with insight into the Lisbon treaty can explain.
    I don't suppose you could do something more than demand I do your research for me, could you perhaps provide a link seeing as you are more familiar with the subject matter.
    What frightens me is that we are getting little sneak reviews of NWO activity each day as we draw closer. currently a database of every man woman and child on this planet is being built up.

Since 30th August your registration details are logged and timed to the second each time you cross the westlink

Now...hold on a sec...thats not what you claimed. You claimed that I'd have to show ID and/or sign my name and address.

I have crossed the Westlink since August 30th. I did neither of these things. My passage was paid for, in cash, in a newsagents, by someone other than me. Not only that, but I was driving in a car which I was insured in, but which was not registered in my name.

In short, there is no record of me crossing the Westlink, nor am I being treated as a criminal in any way like you were suggesting.

Not only that, but - as I have pointed out before - no-one forces me to use the Westlink. If I don't want to cross it, there is nowhere I can't get to by going around it.

Now...hold on a sec...thats not what you claimed. You claimed that I'd have to show ID and/or sign my name and address.

I have crossed the Westlink since August 30th..
    Your registration plate is as good as unless you have used a false plate. :rolleyes:

sorted :)

No it's not, and I'm a subscriber.
    Its not just London, its also throughout the world and eventually Dublin. The police are allowed LIVE access to the footage to track "terrorists" Cough....You and Me.

Any evidence that governments in the uk and ireland consider ordinary citizens terrorists?
    CCTC and modern digital surveillance is paying off and it is working well, Terrorists are giving up their weapons and laying down their causes.

When was the last Basque bomb? Dissident IRA? Baader-Meinhof Gang? attack???

Careful now RtdH you almost sound nostalgic.
    Yet more and more new surveillance devices and infringements on our civil liberties are being imposed on us day by day by the up and coming NWO despite the dramatic fall in localized terrorist attacks.

Er the Glasgow airport bombers are currently on trial.
    As soon as peace is gained on our planet with all this wonderful technology THE CAMERAS AND TECHNOLOGY WILL BE TURNED ON US !!!

Okay seriously, for what reason, what are they looking for?
    Loyalty cards are just a sweetener and an introduction to whats in store.

In the near future you will be issued with a personal smart card / State ID that will be used for all your buying and selling. It will be used in conjunction with EAN/UPC/RFID so that BIG BROTHER knows exactly what you are buying. Every book, the amount of alcohol, where you bought it, your smokes, where you bought them, everything is itemized to source and cost.
    Unfortunately it is the scumbags of today that are creating a public outcry for new surveillance to catch these idiots. It will be the same surveillance equipment IE CCTV/ANPR/3D Facial recognition that will be used on us in the NWO.

This despite the fact in the current economic climate the British are going to most likely drop the ID card scheme?
    I am like most of the members of Parliament in Ireland, IE I have not read the treaty in full, for the simple reason that it is a long winded document specifically put together to confuse people.

However several parts have pointed out to me including the sections that are known to overide the Irish constitution. This is an eye opener in itself and leaves the door wide open. Maybe someone with insight into the Lisbon treaty can explain.

So lets be clear you've not read the treaty in full, but you've been shown bits of it, that you can't point me to that mean our constitution will be overridden.
    .What frightens me is that we are getting little sneak reviews of NWO activity each day as we draw closer. currently a database of every man woman and child on this planet is being built up.

A database that you can't prove exist and can't explain what they'll do once they're in charge.

I spent much of my childhood in South Armagh and Co Down and know all about armed checkpoints.
    And yet, you have the gall to suggest that it is only a modern phenomena where innocent people are being "treated like criminals" and that 20 years ago we had none of that sort of thing.

No it's not, and I'm a subscriber. .
    You will find it on line in the front page of the times, alternatively if you buy a copy.
    Any evidence that governments in the UK and Ireland consider ordinary citizens terrorists? .
    Absolutely by the way we treated in a BIG BROTHER society. In the 90ies I knew a guy doing time, all his letters were censored and checked. Now in 2008 Our personal emails, text messages and mobile phones monitored under current and new legislation are liable to be searched and stored just like any prisoner doing time.

If we had our telegraph wires tapped and our letters opened even in the height of the NI troubles there would have been public outcry.

NO professional criminal is going to use equipment that he knows can be tracked or traced, they will avoid registered phones, , CCTV (without head coverage),Oystercards, the EFT, any electronic toll plaza and every other Digital means that BIG BROTHER would use to try to apprehend them. Terrorists are well aware of BIG BROTHER and his schemes
    Careful now RtdH you almost sound nostalgic.
    Er the Glasgow airport bombers are currently on trial.
    Glasgow incident compared to a NI bombing or a terrorist shooting by the week and never did the authorities require us to even show our passports. (Back then we didn't even need them and our driving license did not even have a picture. :rolleyes:) Why all the scaremongering about terrorism now? Why do we need an Orwellian chipped ID card to cross the border when there is a ceasefire?
    OK seriously, for what reason, what are they looking for?
    This despite the fact in the current economic climate the British are going to most likely drop the ID card scheme?.
    They may be postponing the National ID for economic reasons like Ireland but aren't they bringing in electronic thumb scanners, these are just as good if not better, everyone (Almost) has fingers on them 24/7.
    So lets be clear you've not read the treaty in full, but you've been shown bits of it, that you can't point me to that mean our constitution will be overridden.?.
    I will look into the details and get back to you on that.
    I think Sinn Fein were also concerned on this issue.
    A database that you can't prove exist and can't explain what they'll do once they're in charge.
    If they want data on everyone in this country including those that travel to the US and those that dint they have to have a server to store this information. Likewise the EU. It would just be as easy if they pooled their resources. This server is their database.

Your registration plate is as good as unless you have used a false plate. :rolleyes:

Let me re-iterate the bit you obviously missed. I was driving a car that I was insured to drive, but which wasn't registered to me.

So no, the registration plate is not "as good", nor is a false plate the only way around it.

But hey, if its any consolation, the eye-rolling smiley almost convinced me I was making things up.

When was the last Basque bomb?
    July 20th, 2008 - unless I've missed one since then.

Doesn't seem all that long ago.

Wait...it isn't all that long ago.

• Advertisement

You will find it on line in the front page of the times, alternatively if you buy a copy.

I live abroad and pay a subscription. I don't see why I should need to buy a paper to see your point. Link please.

Absolutely by the way we treated in a BIG BROTHER society. In the 90ies I knew a guy doing time, all his letters were censored and checked. Now in 2008 Our personal emails, text messages and mobile phones monitored under current and new legislation are liable to be searched and stored just like any prisoner doing time.

And who's doing this checking? If there was one agency checking all text messages e-mails and phone calls. I mean it would be the largest employer in the country.
    If we had out telegraph wires tapped and our letters opened even in the height of the NI troubles there would have been public outcry.

Can you provide any evidence that all our phonecalls are currently taped?
    NO professional criminal is going to use equipment that he knows can be tracked or traced, they will avoid Oystercards, the EFT, Electronic Toll plazas and every other Digital means that BIG BROTHER uses to try and track them. Terrorists are well aware of BIG BROTHER and his scheems

So hang on, BIG BROTHER has all these schemes and plans but they're all useless? What about the terrorists captured in the ministry of sound attempted bombing?
    Glasgow incident compared to a NI bombing or a terrorist shooting by the week and never did the authorities require us to even show our passports. (Back then we didn't even need them and our driving license did not even have a picture. :rolleyes:)

Are you seriously suggesting our driving licences shouldn't have our photos on them?
    Why all the scaremongering about terrorism now? Why do we need an Orwellian chipped ID card to cross the border when there is a ceasefire?

Are you nuts? Honest question. Seriously asked. When I was a child the border crossing to NI was a long drawn out process, where my dad had to produce ID to three or four heavily armed men at a reinforced checkpoint, today when I drive across, the only reference to the change of country is a signpost.

They may be postponing the National ID for economic reasons like Ireland but aren't they bringing in electronic thumb scanners, these are just as good if not better, everyone (Almost) has fingers on them 24/7.

And if you don't have a criminal record?
    I will look into the details and get back to you on that.
    I think Sinn Fein were also concerned on this issue.

I wait with baited breath.
    Read the front page of the Irish Times. If they want data on everyone in this country including those that travel to the US and those that dint they have to have a server to store this information. Likewise the EU. It would just be as easy if they pooled their resources.

The Irish times article you can't link to?

Advertisement