Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls doing the asking?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It always seems that the guy generally do the asking if they spot a girl they like if out and about. I'm sure there are a few girls who have asked guy out when in a pub or clubs, but I'm just curious after reading another thread if there are many girls who have every approached a guy they have seeing out while on the dart/bus or in general really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

yup.

No because I like to know that my dates own a pair of testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Moonbaby wrote: »

I lol'd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Hmm, maybe not on the bus, but in other social settings, yeah, I've done it. Not as in asking a total stranger out on a date, but as in general conversation to break the ice and get to know them better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are time I prefer my date not to have testicles esp when I have asked a lady on a date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There are time I prefer my date not to have testicles esp when I have asked a lady on a date.

christ! picky or what!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

christ! picky or what!!:rolleyes:

hehe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Never asked out a complete stranger but I have asked guys out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I never approached a randomer I thought was hot. ANd if they approached me I'd tell them to head off. BUt I have done the asking out for guys I've known and liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Its happened to me the once or twice. Personally, I wish it'd happen more, it makes you feel great. That, and the fact that I can be a little shy myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Y'know, I think I'm going to employ this line of thinking for a while; asking blokes out has generally ended up in me cursing them for this very reason somewhere down the line.

And lol btw :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

g'em wrote: »
    asking blokes out has generally ended up in me cursing them for this very reason somewhere down the line.

[mutter]never asked me out :([/mutter]

Zaph wrote: »
    [mutter]never asked me out :([/mutter]
    And take you away from the luscious ladies of tLL?? I wouldn't dare :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's the 21st Century. We have female bus drivers, female war veterans...

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have the utmost respect for any woman who would do the asking...It would make a very pleasant change. Shows that she has guts. Shame no girl has ever made the first move on me :(

I don't get why girls still prefer the old fashioned way....:confused:

I asked one girl if she really really wanted to kiss a guy would she and she said "no, he would have to kiss me first", so I said are you saying that he will possibly never find out that you want to kiss him and she said yes...
    Seems kinda dissapointing to me.... I live in hope that there are lots of girls out there that fancy me but just won't make the first move*.

*crosses fingers and anything else that he can cross*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I have asked guys out, and have kissed rather than wait to be kissed.

Each situation is different so I wouldn't have hard and fast rules about it.

Although...i did make the first move on someone that i ended up seeing for a while, and during the relationship he said that he regreted that he hadn't made the first move himself, and that he felt a little lessened somehow. :confused:

So, now i'm a little wary - but, then, a guy that can't handle the (omg!) threat to his masculinity of not being the All Seducing Macho Man is probably not someone I'd be happy with anyways.

So - yes, I'm all for people making moves on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

cuckoo wrote: »
    I have asked guys out, and have kissed rather than wait to be kissed.

Where are you hiding?? Are there more of you?? :eek:

Any of your 'kind' in Cork by any chance...Plzzzzzzz say there is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

It's just nature, men are the chasers, see behaviour of other animals. It's not within the scope of "equality". Sure some women will but for the majority it's never gonna change.

Just like the US presidential election :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have never heard or seen a girl doing the asking, ah well. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

g'em wrote: »
    Y'know, I think I'm going to employ this line of thinking for a while; asking blokes out has generally ended up in me cursing them for this very reason somewhere down the line.

Well on that note; want to go out for a carb up sometime? *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*

Oh, on the theme of girls asking out; don't think I've ever been asked out on a date before but I have been jumped by a girl. It sounds kind of cool but its pretty silly-she fancied me for a while, but she had this overwrought way of showing it that made me think she was pulling the piss so I ignored it or sometimes played along. So eventually one night she jumped me. :cool:
    I'd like to be asked on a date sometime, that'd be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I could never ever, EVER ask a guy out. (Though somehow I think I might be able to pluck up the courage when it comes to females)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I'm a confident guy, and I saw an incredible girl a few weeks- so much so that I thought she was out of my league. Lo and behold she approached me, later asked me for my number and later asked me for a date. Needless to say I was totally flattered, have had a few fantastic dates and hopefully it will keep going that way. Personally, I thought it was refreshingly different and very flattering- though this girl is not Irish so maybe it was not as much of a big deal for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Yes, since Ive started dating Ive had no problem asking guys out..sometimes its blown up in my face, sometimes it hasnt. Thats the game.

I've also kissed men Ive wanted to kiss...why wait???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

It's just nature, men are the chasers, see behaviour of other animals. It's not within the scope of "equality". Sure some women will but for the majority it's never gonna change.

Yeah I love the chase to be honest! Wouldn't mind if a girl wanted to kiss me and did, it's happened before and was pretty cool. If a girl wants to take the risk as guys always do I'm on for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Its just nature women are the carers, see behaviour of other animals. It's not within the scope of "equality". Sure some women will but for the majority it's never going to change.

Therefore stay home have babies and cook.

Fast foreward to the 21st centuary - grow up!

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Yes, since Ive started dating Ive had no problem asking guys out..sometimes its blown up in my face, sometimes it hasnt. Thats the game.
    Well here's the thing - I have absolutely no problem whatsoever asking a guy out, I tend to have the patience of a two year old so I don't like the whole hanging around waiting for them to make the move thing. But, like I said above I'm beginning to realise that this has a tendency to backfire.

A guy who hasn't the cojones to ask me out on a date (and believe me, it's not that difficult to tell when I like someone) is probably not going to be suitable for me in the long run. I'm strong minded (read: stubborn) and I'm not exactly the most laid back person in the world - I know, I know, I'm making myself sound like such a catch right now :o - so what's the point in me actively choosing someone who can't speak their mind right from the get-go?

There's also an argument to be made that I'm too forward, and that this kind of thing scares the bejeebus out of guys. Well, if that's the case "meh" frankly to that individual, if you can't handle me asking for what I want you're not going to last very long in my company.

So perhaps I need to strike a balance, and allow the chase to come to me a bit more often. I know in society is increasingly dictating that women can and should call the shots where asking men out is concerned, but the old school rules of attraction will still apply in general terms (men are chasers etc. etc.).

Bah, I dunno, men are just as confusing as women where this stuff is concerned tbh, and you can't pigeon-hole them any more than you can with the wimmin.
    enda1 wrote:
    Its just nature women are the carers, see behaviour of other animals
    Careful with that argument, you can't blanket example the evolution of gender roles quite that simplistically - see penguins and seahorses for obvious sex-role reversals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

You have to sort of balance it out. If you see somebody you like then make a move, thats my motto!! Although I do agree that sometimes the men that dont ask are a bit..weak willed, but sometimes they are just shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Got an invite to dinner me paying a few months back. champagne etc was planned.

Just happened to be lunching with some great girls - who had a text war with the wan while i was out for a ciggy. Furious exchange of what she would do for dinnner ended up with her getting a takeaway chinese delivered later that day.I was totally unaware and blissfully innocent.

Very mcnasty- but very funny- I was saved for someone nicer.

Thats 6 months ago and I havent heard from the wan since- hope she liked chicken balls.:eek:

Well on that note; want to go out for a carb up sometime? *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*

:D

Your date suggestion is inherently flawed though: low-carbing = low moods and crap temperament, and at the point of carb ingestion the only thing visible in my eyes is the food in front of me, George flippin' Clooney could be two feet away and I'd still push him aside in favour of a family-sized bowl of pesto taglietelle :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

CDfm wrote: »
    Got an invite to dinner me paying a few months back. champagne etc was planned.

Just happened to be lunching with some great girls - who had a text war with the wan while i was out for a ciggy. Furious exchange of what she would do for dinnner ended up with her getting a takeaway chinese delivered later that day.I was totally unaware and blissfully innocent.

Eh..what?

Advertisement