Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Furry Friends

Options
  • 05-07-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Yes i have posted the same thing else were can't be arsed thinking up something new!

As most of you might remember my doggie rusty went missing for a few hours a few weeks back, well he is great and just thought i would show you his new friends

10wlirr.jpg

I have had the kittens from 6 days old and have had to bottle feed them every 3/4 hours but thank god now they are eating themselves!

Ginger guy is George, the tortie is Sheila and the tabby is Ethie. Rusty used to mother them, help them to pee and keep them warm. They annoy him from time to time and he gives a growl and then tend to leave him alone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I love cats and kittens. That picture is great! What happened to their mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Aw, they're very cute.

At the moment my housemates are fostering puppies, which should be a good thing, but they make such a mess and they chew everything! I've had a snorkel, goggles and a few other things chewed to bits in the last couple of weeks. I guess that's one good thing about kittens, they don't chew things to bits... they'd scratch your eyes out if they had half a chance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I love cats and kittens. That picture is great! What happened to their mother?

Unfortunately she met her end on the roads and left 7 little guys beind. I had 4 and one of the other nurses in the surgery had 3. I lost the smallest guy. Came down to feed them at 4am to find George curled up with him but he had died. I cried so bloody much. Hate losing them but out of a litter of 7 that are being hand reared from such a young age only losing one is good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Aw, poor little guys!:( I'd love to put them climbing up my jumper right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Jules, I'd kill you for one of those kittens! I miss kasper (rip) so much and we were going to get an older cat from the spca here so that we could give it a good lifw while we're here. However, our flat is next to our landlords and she said we couldn't get a cat because it would fight with thers. Seems pretty selfish to me because if we were just her neighbours she'd have no say in it.

Now when we go to friends houses i commandeer their cats for the entire time. They think I'm mad!

As soon as we get back to Ireland I'm getting a cat, possible several.

Since kasper died the cat from two doors up has moved in to his patch and now comes in to my parents house and gets ham off them. He also goes in to the sitting room and curls up and watches tv with them. I think he realises cat people and soft touches when he sees them, He seems to have abondoned his old family (who actually seem pretty horrible so god know what they're like to tha cat!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Aww Jules they're adorable!! They're hard work when you get them that young, but soo cute!

Aaww that is such a sweet pic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dammit. Now i really miss having a pet again.:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

jules they look fantastic! :) sorry to hear about the one but your doing well and my god 3 kittens will be a handfull

edit: while i have the link on my clipboard. heres my young lady

linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Aww you're doing great with them Jules, well done :) Such a lovely photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Love pets!!

<3 Malcolm, my baby! Pics soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Cats are great - and pics of sleeping kittens are the best.

Fair play Jules for doing all those bottle feeds. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I thought this was another vagina thread.:)

Im a doggy person, I love any kind of dog. I cant make myself like cats, Im sorry, never could. Im even wearing a Goodbye Kitty tshirt. Im sorry cat lovers.:o But fair play hand rearing those kittens, its nice to hear of someone kind to animals instead of the usual horrible stories.

:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Oryx wrote: »
    Im a doggy person, I love any kind of dog. I cant make myself like cats, Im sorry, never could.

Or as I prefer to put it, cats is evil! Dogs, proper dogs not stupid yappy little things, ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Glad the pets thread is back, I killed the last one :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Aw! I love pics of kitties and dogs getting along together. Too cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

A pity the cats don't get on so well with cats.
    My three cranky felines smashed my favorite pint glass during an aggressive reenactment of crouching tiger hidden dragon that took place on every surface of the kitchen earlier today. Fur and glass everywhere and three growling shadows staring each other down from strategic locations for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

kowloon wrote: »
    A pity the cats don't get on so well with cats.
    My three cranky felines smashed my favorite pint glass during an aggressive reenactment of crouching tiger hidden dragon that took place on every surface of the kitchen earlier today. Fur and glass everywhere and three growling shadows staring each other down from strategic locations for an hour.

:eek: glad I only have the one kitteh...she's enough work!

We've 2 cats and the dog, all male, all a big pile of cuddles with each other, one of the cats hates me though, and the other just isn't bothered with humans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Rozabeez wrote: »
    We've 2 cats and the dog, all male, all a big pile of cuddles with each other, one of the cats hates me though, and the other just isn't bothered with humans.

Cats are weird like that aren't they?

At home my family have 2 cats, brother and sister and they're like chalk and cheese. Eddie will always, always fall asleep in your arms when you pick him up, but the sister will just squirm outa your arms. She does have the odd freakish attention spasm though where she'll come and sit on your lap/keyboard and bunt your face until you have to put her out of the room.

Dogs are a bit easier to understand 'cause they're sociable animals like ourselves (well most of us :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Photobucket acting the mick today so heres a lazy link to my bebo album.

I have a dog and 2 rabbits and currently have 2 foster pups Bebo and Doodles. So its a busy household at the moment!

Cutest pups ever!

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=2403187250&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=8710772356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

My babies.....bloody difficult to get a decent picture of the cat tho, hes too dark!!

My babies.....bloody difficult to get a decent picture of the cat tho, hes too dark!!

Awh lovely.

Yep same with the pups cos they are black they just come out looking like little black blobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Oh I'm so jealous of you girls, I would love a pet of any sort, the only thing I can have are gold fish (I rented). They have really stupid rules in this country. Apparently no-one who rents can have a pet. That is SO unfair!

My dad has two dogs, both german alsatian mixes. One is prob to be put down this year, he's real sick. And I raised that little fleebag... Oh, I don't want to think about it... :(

Oh I'm so jealous of you girls, I would love a pet of any sort, the only thing I can have are gold fish (I rented). They have really stupid rules in this country. Apparently no-one who rents can have a pet. That is SO unfair!

My dad has two dogs, both german alsatian mixes. One is prob to be put down this year, he's real sick. And I raised that little fleebag... Oh, I don't want to think about it... :(

I rent. It just depends on the landlord although most if not all apartment complexes have a no pets policy whether you rent or own. I had to scour to find a landlord that was ok with pets and naturally i got a house instead of an apartment to accomodate the little buggers!

Sorry to hear about your dads dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I also rent it depends on the type of pet you have too! But my landlord knows im a vet nurse and i told him i woul dbe having pets in from time to time and only for a few days at a time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't have a pet, I do have a cat that choose to live in the same house and put up with our company.

2788928463_4f6ab91a20_m.jpg

Thats him with his " What do you mean it's your bed ?" expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

here's my baby :)

Snap224.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

My missy babes.. AKA super poser :D

Missy-1.jpg

Sorry if its a bit big :o

Cute pets everyone <3

Advertisement