Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is construction economics?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    starting college in September as a mature student and will be studying construction economics and management in DIT.
    While looking into what I wanted to do I was speaking to the guy over the course and he was saying that a few of the students never really pick up on the whole economics side of the course, not that it's 100% necessary to do well in it, as there are a quite a few other subjects aswell.
    I was just woundering weather anyone out there has done it or weather anyone could give me an idea of what construction economics is about.
    Thanks
    Cowboy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

AFAIK it is basic economics applied to the construction sector. I know little about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭urban cowboy

Thanks, have all of 4 weeks to start finding out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

the course is basically the degree you do to become a quantity surveyor. Nothing to it to be honest. You need to keep on top of all subjects though. I would assume things will pick up by the time you're finished! PM me if you want more info as i did that degree myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Applied Construction Micro theory: Negative externalities associated with jeans being too small and seeing open man-crack.

Lads, thanks for the replies:) UCD , I hope that your joke isn't the norm amongst quantity surveyors, I had to read it twice before I came up with any kind sense with it:) terrible...if you have any better one liners I liked to hear them though.

• Advertisement

Guys, how do you go about sending a pm without posting up your email address or can that be done:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Lads, thanks for the replies:) UCD , I hope that your joke isn't the norm amongst quantity surveyors, I had to read it twice before I came up with any kind sense with it:) terrible...if you have any better one liners I liked to hear them though.
    Oh there are many economics jokes - all nerdy :) You'll understand it better after any Econ01 course.

You can send a PM without your email address - just left click on the name of the poster and select "Send private message".

spot on , don't know how I missed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

When you get your degree you will more than likely become a Quantity Surveyor. Check out www.scs.ie for more info about this profession

only 4 years to get the degree, and as far as I know, usually another 3 to become chartered. Getting started in September and I can't wait!

• Advertisement
Advertisement