Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullets sent to Mary Harney,Micheal Martin and fertility clinics

Options
  • 10-03-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojcwojmhcw/
    Senior Government ministers Mary Harney and Micheál Martin have been sent threatening letters containing bullets in the post.

Government spokespeople confirmed that both Health Minister Mary Harney and former Health Minister Micheál Martin received the packages on February 29.

Taoiseach Bertie Ahern condemned the threats to two of his most senior colleagues this afternoon.

The Health Minister and the Enterprise Minister received the packages from a previously unheard of group calling itself the Irish Citizen Defence Force.

Most Irish fertility clinics were posted similar packages containing shotgun cartridges on the same day.

A spokeswoman for one of the targeted clinics, the Clane Clinic in Kildare, said they had now taken safety precautions after receiving the letter.

She described the letter, which is believed to have referred to IVF treatment as a crime against humanity, as threatening and very upsetting for staff.

A full Garda investigation has been launched.

Irish Citizen Defence Force??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

They want to shoot pregnant women?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol, jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Maybe they heard people visit the clinics because they are firing blanks?

Thought it might help?

Yes, i went there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

have been sent threatening letters containing bullets in the post.
    Containing bullets eh?
    Sort it out, or I'll...
    • Do something mean
    • Call you a nasty name
    • Give you the finger

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I.C.D.F FAQ
    Who the fcuk?
    Are we under attack?
    How's the uniform coming along?
    Can my daughter enter a compitition to design a flag?
    Why such a clunky acronym?

Apparently it happened a few weeks back. The police had to wait for Harney's bullet to pass through her digestive system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

International Christian Dance Fellowship eh, or ... Iraq Coastal Defence Force??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

they had to send her the bullets in the post, because even a sniper wouldn't take her out...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Regardless of what a terrible job Harney does, nobody deserves to get a bullet through the post in the course of their work tbh. Its a bit disturbing to think we might have a militant radical ultra-conservative anti-whatever group in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

eroo wrote:
    Bullets sent to Mary Harney,Micheal Martin and fertility clinics
    Sounds like some scumbag called Bullets was sent to Mary Harney, Micheal Martin and fertility clinics as community service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

eroo wrote: »
    Irish Citizen Defence Force??:rolleyes:

Well know one asked me if i wanted bullets sent to these people.

So i can only assume they are not acting on my behalf, or yours, or anyone but their own.

Nothing bothers me more than these stupid ****s thinking they know what is best for us.

The irony is amazing.

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    militant radical ultra-conservative anti-whatever group in the country.

Not the M.R.U-C,A-W G,C?
    That shower never let up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Relax people it was only a couple of Bullet Burgers

bulletslogo2.jpg

humberklog wrote: »
    Not the M.R.U-C,A-W G,C?
    That shower never let up.

They've got nothin' on the Hardcore Army of Radical Nail Eating Youth :cool:

Apparently harney wanted to keep the bullet as it leant a degree of authenticity to the 'bullet belt' she wears over her skinny jeans when she's out on the town. All the 'heads' in downstairs in Bruxells were very impressed.

Regardless of what a terrible job Harney does, nobody deserves to get a bullet through the post in the course of their work tbh.

I disagree....people I know have DIED because of the shambles that is my local regional hospital.

A bullet in the post is the least she deserves. It's a pity is associated with such looney toons.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I disagree....people I know have DIED because of the shambles that is my local regional hospital.

A bullet in the post is the least she deserves. It's a pity is associated with such looney toons.

Even in the unlikely event those deaths could be directly attributed to Harney's work, saying that a bullet is the least she deserves is pretty looney tunes in itself in fairness. I'm not standing up for Harney, I think she did a godawful shítty job in fact, but its not like she set out to hurt anyone. Its fair to assume that she has tried to do whats best for the people, hospitals etc, so the worst you could blame her with would be incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Even in the unlikely event those deaths could be directly attributed to Harney's work, saying that a bullet is the least she deserves is pretty looney tunes in itself in fairness. I'm not standing up for Harney, I think she did a godawful shítty job in fact, but its not like she set out to hurt anyone. Its fair to assume that she has tried to do whats best for the people, hospitals etc, so the worst you could blame her with would be incompetence.

If someone is so grossly incompetent at their job that people are dying, then their conscience should compel them to resign - not try to 'weather the storm'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just a shame they used the postal system rather than the conventional method of delivery tbh...

If this is some anti-abortion pro-life shower of muppets they can f*ck off...if on the other hand this is aimed at inaction and mismanagement in the health services then more of the same please; might actually get results instead of bloody consultants reports...

Dashticle wrote: »
    If someone is so grossly incompetent at their job that people are dying, then their conscience should compel them to resign - not try to 'weather the storm'.

I totally agree, but do you really think cowardly threats like bullets in the post are an acceptable way to resolve this?

What about the staff at the fertility clinics, did they deserve to receive them?

I think Harney should go too, democracy might be slow and crap sometimes but sending ordinance through the postal system is hardly a good way to choose who does and doesn't run the country.

A bullet through the post is hardly going to make her sit up and say "Jesus, I'd better get off my arse and do a good job!". She's simply incapable of doing a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

kaimera wrote: »
    They want to shoot pregnant women?

Mary Harney isn't pregnant, she's just overweight ;)

http://www.celticcafe.com/archive/People/flatley/Celtic_Ball_2003/images/MOHalleranMBuckleyMHarneyBG_450.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

I totally agree, but do you really think cowardly threats like bullets in the post are an acceptable way to resolve this?

What about the staff at the fertility clinics, did they deserve to receive them?

I think Harney should go too, democracy might be slow and crap sometimes but sending ordinance through the postal system is hardly a good way to choose who does and doesn't run the country.

A bullet through the post is hardly going to make her sit up and say "Jesus, I'd better get off my arse and do a good job!". She's simply incapable of doing a good job.

Oh no, I agree with you, I just have no sympathy for Mary Harney in this situation because of her stubborn stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The cartridges they sent Harney would need a very wide spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dragan wrote: »
    Nothing bothers me more than these stupid ****s thinking they know what is best for us.

lol, many people would say that these stupid people include Harney and Martin :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well it was gun shot rather then a 9mm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The postage must have set them back a bit, those safari bullets are massive yokes.

I never got the whole bullet in the post "threat", is it meant to be so scary? I keep hearing "the same lads who bring in the drugs bring in the guns", so they must be as easy to get as a bit of hash, and as cheap. I'd just send a couple of stanley blades, I would rather be shot than have my throat slit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

What a boring thing to send in the post, i was thinking along the lines of a horses head covered in blood in her bed...:rolleyes: Good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

well it was gun shot rather then a 9mm

To be honest, it's not really important what type of cartridge it was, as the threat is the same either way. More interesting is who sent it and where they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    What a boring thing to send in the post, i was thinking along the lines of a horses head covered in blood in her bed
    That wouldn't do any good - Harney would just be pleased that someone left her a midnight snack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What would anyone have against a fertility clinic?

Abortion Clinic, I can understand, but a fertility clinic? I don't get it.

Advertisement