Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trimble-off-any1 else-on

Options
  • 08-03-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi all-
    I am 44 years old with a bad back, 2 bad knees and Im about 2 stone overweight,,,but I would probably play better than Trimble as would most of the people reading this forum-
    so anyone who fancies playing instead of Trimble (or should I say TREMBLE)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Funny.............not. Are you going to tell us why he's so bad? He didn't get any ball today because of the EOS gameplan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rparkera

... EOS gameplan???? Do you have any proof that there was such a thing :-)

The EOS bashing thread is here :) This one is for Trimble apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This thread is very indicative of some of the current Irish rugby supporters.

Trimble has been playing exceptional most of the season (at Outside Centre) but has been pushed to wing and inside centre under EOS.

The national teams problems are deep routed in the terrible management of rugby in Ireland in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

In fairness Trimble was not in Eddie's game plan today it was an out and out forwards game really reminded me of way we played back in the mid 90's and boring as hell plus i wore my munster top today cos i knew Wales would do it and i'm very happy to see Gatland get one over that sly feck from Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

gcgirl wrote: »
    In fairness Trimble was not in Eddie's game plan today it was an out and out forwards game really reminded me of way we played back in the mid 90's and boring as hell plus i wore my munster top today cos i knew Wales would do it and i'm very happy to see Gatland get one over that sly feck from Cork!

So you supported a Kiwi by wearing a Munster jersey which is also the province which Mr EOS played for?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Trimble is SH*TE and always has been (which is quite apt)
    so dont go defending a totally crap player who cant tackle or should I say is to afraid to tackle and is not-NOT an International player!
    Half the the time when he gets the ball, unless he has a clear route to the line he hasnt a clue what to do with the ball, and usualy lies down or gets rid of it in case he is tackled!
    I love the Irish team, but he reminds me of Chris Morris in the soccer team,,everyone knew he was there, but no one knew why he was there! maybe because someone had an affection towards him-because it wasnt his skill....:mad:

Trimble is a good player when he gets the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

muincav wrote: »
    Trimble is SH*TE and always has been (which is quite apt)
    so dont go defending a totally crap player who cant tackle or should I say is to afraid to tackle and is not-NOT an International player!
    Half the the time when he gets the ball, unless he has a clear route to the line he hasnt a clue what to do with the ball, and usualy lies down or gets rid of it in case he is tackled!
    I love the Irish team, but he reminds me of Chris Morris in the soccer team,,everyone knew he was there, but no one knew why he was there! maybe because someone had an affection towards him-because it wasnt his skill....:mad:

I don't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Stev_o wrote: »
    So you supported a Kiwi by wearing a Munster jersey which is also the province which Mr EOS played for?

Well its red! And did Eddie play for Munster ?? i know he played for Garryowen but Munster?

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »

Have you actually been watching Irish Rugby for the last 2 years or just reading forums from Ulster Rugby?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Pemba

zAbbo wrote: »
    This thread is very indicative of some of the current Irish rugby supporters.

Trimble has been playing exceptional most of the season (at Outside Centre) but has been pushed to wing and inside centre under EOS.

The national teams problems are deep routed in the terrible management of rugby in Ireland in general.

This is spot on. Why the anti-Trimble sentiment. Wales had us on the ropes even with 14 men. There seems to be an element of ignorance creeping into the rugby support lately. Measured criticism over of gratuitous scapegoating would be welcome...:cool:

muincav wrote: »
    Have you actually been watching Irish Rugby for the last 2 years or just reading forums from Ulster Rugby?

Yes i've been watching, no to Ulster rugby forum. He is a good player. He will only get better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Trimble is a decent player when he has the ball, not world class or near it though. He can improve and should must improve his defensive play. I've never been impressed by this aspect of his game. I don't buy into this argument that its not his natural position, I was on the hill today and for most of the game Bod and Trimble were swapped over. He's a bit of an easy target on the team though, only and couple most notably Kearney actually played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sherifu wrote: »

That's not enough for an Intenational Centre, I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

rational coherent arguments please. Not just "He's shite"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

davyjose wrote: »
    That's not enough for an Intenational Centre, I'm sorry.

You clearly haven't watched him playing at Centre for us in the last couple of games then. I'm really sick and tired of the stick he's undeservedly getting. He's being made a scapegoat because we haven't a triple crown when most Ireland supporters are ambitious in the first place. Yes he could have done a better job of Shane Williams but it's one mistake. He's been solid since he's filled in for D'Arcy.

andyman wrote: »
    You clearly haven't watched him playing at Centre for us in the last couple of games then. I'm really sick and tired of the stick he's undeservedly getting. He's being made a scapegoat because we haven't a triple crown when most Ireland supporters are ambitious in the first place. Yes he could have done a better job of Shane Williams but it's one mistake. He's been solid since he's filled in for D'Arcy.

Hang on a minute Pal. I just said that simply being good player when you have the ball is not enough for an international centre. Now at the end of the day had D'Arcy - a man of few tries for his country - been playing yesterday, we'd have won. That's something he needs to think about. You say "one mistake" as though that's ok - it was the mistake. Not good enough, so please don't try to dismiss my opinion by telling me I didn't watch him play, Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hang on a minute Pal. I just said that simply being good player when you have the ball is not enough for an international centre. Now at the end of the day had D'Arcy - a man of few tries for his country - been playing yesterday, we'd have won. That's something he needs to think about. You say "one mistake" as though that's ok - it was the mistake. Not good enough, so please don't try to dismiss my opinion by telling me I didn't watch him play, Ok?

lol. A few weeks ago everyone was saying D'arcy was playing terrible and needed too bed dropped. In fact people were quit happy he got injuried saying the break would do him good and EOS wouldnt of dropped him so its a blessign etc etc. Now we would of won the game if he was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

I'm still glad D'arcy isn't in the team, I think Trimble isn't bad and i don't blame him wholey for Irelands loss yesterday, even though he did **** up that tackle. I'm more worried about we played as a whole. If anyone shouldn't have been playing, it was POC. I don't care what anyone says, just cause he's a hero of the past, Doesn't mean when he's fit he should just walk back into the team, he needs to earn his place. But that doesn't happen with EOS. He sucks his WC 15 C*ck.

• Advertisement

lol. A few weeks ago everyone was saying D'arcy was playing terrible and needed too bed dropped. In fact people were quit happy he got injuried saying the break would do him good and EOS wouldnt of dropped him so its a blessign etc etc. Now we would of won the game if he was there?

Eh ... yes. What do you want me to say? I never turned on D'Arcy. There were calls for Trimble for months to play as a centre, and now the excuses are "oh he's not an inside centre". Well, D'Arcy is. Would he have missed that tackle? No! Would Eddie have had a different gameplan, using the backs more? Yes!, Would we have had a better backline? Hmmm, let me see ... YES! Would we have won? Yes!

Do you agree, Chucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Is D'arcy injured? answers on a postcard to me. The first person to say "yes, he is" wins a prize.

There's no point in comparing him to d'arcy in that game, because Gordan isn't available for selection. Compare to the next in line on that one - who? Paddy Wallace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

chicoben wrote: »
    I'm still glad D'arcy isn't in the team, I think Trimble isn't bad and i don't blame him wholey for Irelands loss yesterday, even though he did **** up that tackle. I'm more worried about we played as a whole. If anyone shouldn't have been playing, it was POC. I don't care what anyone says, just cause he's a hero of the past, Doesn't mean when he's fit he should just walk back into the team, he needs to earn his place. But that doesn't happen with EOS. He sucks his WC 15 C*ck.

Bit of a flaw there.

EOS line-up pre World Cup

15. Dempsey
    14. Horgan
    13. BOD
    12. D'Arcy
    11. Hickie
    10. ROG
    9. Stringer
    1. Horan
    2. Best
    3. Hayes
    4. DOC
    5. POC
    6. Easterby
    7. Wallace
    8. Leamy

Line up yesterday

15. Kearney
    14. Horgan
    13. BOD
    12. Trimble
    11. Bowe
    10. ROG
    9. Reddan
    1. Horan
    2. Best
    3. Hayes
    4. DOC
    5. POC
    6. Leamy
    7. Wallace
    8. Heaslip

Theres 5 changes in there, albeit 2 are injuries but D'Arcy was always going to lose his place to Trimble eventually. And Kearney would have been starting ahead of Horgan had Murphy and Dempsey not been injured. EOS is willing to make the changes that we all want, but it's the team efforts on the day that aren't good enough.

I agree with you on the O'Connell point though. Best played his way back into the side and had a solid game yesterday. MOD did little wrong to warrant him being dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭quagmire69

andyman wrote: »

Theres 5 changes in there, albeit 2 are injuries but D'Arcy was always going to lose his place to Trimble eventually. And Kearney would have been starting ahead of Horgan had Murphy and Dempsey not been injured. EOS is willing to make the changes that we all want, but it's the team efforts on the day that aren't good enough.

I agree with you on the O'Connell point though. Best played his way back into the side and had a solid game yesterday. MOD did little wrong to warrant him being dropped.

First off, i agree with you that trimble is taking a bit too much flak here and should not be made a scapegoat.

Apart from that, very few people would say it was inevitable that trimble was going to replace darcy regardless of injury. Trimble has a hell of a lot to improve on before he is an international class centre. Fitzgerald and wallace are far better options at the moment.

And as for EOS being willing to make changes, every single backline change has been due to injury/retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Eh ... yes. What do you want me to say? I never turned on D'Arcy. There were calls for Trimble for months to play as a centre, and now the excuses are "oh he's not an inside centre". Well, D'Arcy is. Would he have missed that tackle? No! Would Eddie have had a different gameplan, using the backs more? Yes!, Would we have had a better backline? Hmmm, let me see ... YES! Would we have won? Yes!

Do you agree, Chucky?

No, i dont.

A quote from Andrew Trimble in the Belfast Telegraph last week-

"Trimble, however, believes this week's mind games between the two coaches are only of importance to the media."I would say the thing about the coaches is more of a media thing. It's not going to affect us," said the Ulster star. "I'm not going to be influenced in making a tackle just because Warren Gatland is their coach."

Ah maybe thats why he missed the tackle on Man Mountain Shane Williams!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

This does not seem to hve been discussed.

again many are getting what they wish, me for one also agree that BOD has served his time as Capatin. Most dissaponitingly is he served as the most succesful ever and now along with his 13 skills his capatincy is also legitimatiey being questioned.

With POC not being at the races he should not get it, barely should be in the team.

ROG would seem the more obvious choice..

ANy other opionins of where it should go?

again many are getting what they wish, me for one also agree that BOD has served his time as Capatin. Most dissaponitingly is he served as the most succesful ever and now along with his 13 skills his capatincy is also legitimatiey being questioned.

With POC not being at the races he should not get it, barely should be in the team.

I have to agree thar ROG is probably the most obvious choice and would be my choice too-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It should go to ROG but if it does i can imagine a certain lot of people will cry "Munster conspiracy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭daveyrovers

I'm not leinster Ulster or anti-Munster but how can people say Trimble and BOD played bad?

Looking at the stats, it says BOD got two passes in the whole game (the first of which was on 53 mins). He was well marked on both occasions and made little to no ground. He didn't miss a tackle all game and managed one turnover.

ROG attempted 8 tackles and completed 2, do you really want a captain that sets that type of an example.

Advertisement