Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a sexy car under 6/7 k

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭skaterdude

**** sake no1 will qoute me on an fto
    im with quinn direct and they said they dont quote those kind of veichles dunno what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

skaterdude wrote: »
    **** sake no1 will qoute me on an fto
    im with quinn direct and they said they dont quote those kind of veichles dunno what to do

ring quinn, there obliged to quote ya. tell them you own the car and they gotta quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

put in an online quote with Quinn. that's who I have my insurance with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Notch000 wrote: »

Could'nt agree more. At the time of the coupe's launch it was the fastest accelerating FWD production car. Supposed to be very relabile too.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    put in an online quote with Quinn. that's who I have my insurance with.
    i tried it said i have to ring them
    but if i pick the option that says its not an import it gives me a quote?
    but i thought they wer all imports?
    will insurance for an fto go over 1000?
    my insurance a the mo is only 500

• Advertisement

Fiat Coupes are super cool. It was on my shortlist of cars before I bought the FTO, The reliability thing put me off, but you can be lucky with them.

if i picked a non import fto on my insurance and got insured on it wud my insurance be void?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

i tried it said i have to ring them
    but if i pick the option that says its not an import it gives me a quote?
    but i thought they wer all imports?
    will insurance for an fto go over 1000?
    my insurance a the mo is only 500

Try St Pauls travellers insurance. May have to go through a broker though. Creane & Creane should be able to let you know.

if i picked a non import fto on my insurance and got insured on it wud my insurance be void?

The car is a GPX MIVEC, this model was never sold new in Ireland, so the only way it can be insured is as an import. the model is listed. This is how to put it in:

insurancezt1.jpg

Only the FTO Ralliart was sold in the UK through Mitsubishi dealers.

just ring quinn, there online system can be restrictive, but on the phone they will give ya the quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

That broker in Donegal is supposed to be very good, esp for higher performing imports. Can't think of their name now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Jrad wrote: »
    A 97 opel Vagina should run you about 5k

There might be legal implications if you get caught in an 11 year old Vagina.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

JHMEG wrote: »
    That broker in Donegal is supposed to be very good, esp for higher performing imports. Can't think of their name now..

BrittonInsurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

And what's about this one, however bit above 6k : http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=32795&cat=500

rai555 wrote: »
    And what's about this one, however bit above 6k : http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=32795&cat=500
    I dunno, I heard stuff about the owner.

i also love these

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=802734

Alfa 166 very tasty car. also like that fto.

[Edit] also spotted this http://adverts.ie/38230

shanel23 wrote: »
    Britton Insurance ?
    That's the one.

JHMEG wrote: »
    That's the one.
    Thankyou for choosing Britton Insurance

Unfortuantely we cannot offer you a quote for your car insurance online

We will examine youe details shortly, and if we can help you, contact you via E-Mail. Alternative, you can call us on 1850 33 22 00 to discuss your requirements
    :(:(:(

Which one do i click surly i click the import one?
    as all ftos are imports?

why would they list the other models. All FTOs are imports. they were never sold here new.

• Advertisement

just give quinn a buzz, theres lots of cars thats not on the site, cos they want ya to ring in for the quote.

i did as i said b4 this if u click import they refuse to give u a quote if u pick another model then they will quote u can u pick the model that doesnt say import? or wud it void ur insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Notch000 wrote: »

never even thought about the Fiat....great idea

if you're lucky to find a good one and pay for it, it will hold its value

dunno if that one would be my choice of colour....the dark navy blue is the one I'd pick and they will certainly hold their value

I can see these being classics in years to come and values holding if not rising

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wish i had been able to take that FTO off Colm's hands. Hibernian tried to absolutely fleece me for insurance, €1300 more than what im paying now for my Golf.

i did as i said b4 this if u click import they refuse to give u a quote if u pick another model then they will quote u can u pick the model that doesnt say import? or wud it void ur insurance?
    Is your keyboard missing a load of keys?

so is it ok to click the gpx mi-vec or would my insurance be void because i never clicked on the import selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

so is it ok to click the gpx mi-vec or would my insurance be void because i never clicked on the import selection?

Did you ring up or just an online quote?

Did you ring up or just an online quote?
    both

• Advertisement

both

did they give you the option for the import?

Advertisement