Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showering with other men

Options
  • 12-01-2008 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is something that really bothers me. In general male nudity. The problem is with my penis, I have quite a tight foreskin and all though when hard my penis is of normal size, when flacid it is tiny...

All through my life I have managed to never be fully naked in front of anyone else...even during sex, I always have the lights off...The thing is, now that I have taken up a new hobbie, I will be expected to shower with the team. Like, would I be made fun of?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Simple answer? No you won't and if you are, it's their own dicks they're worried about.

Like all anxieties the first few times will freak you. So what, life is short and so are these feelings. They'll pass and you can start to chill. The sport should build you up and help somewhat with your body confidence.

On the tight foreskin front. See if stretching or cortisone creams would help. There are enough threads on the subject around here.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,691 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how come nobody considers partial circumcision? surely painful as a bitch to get done (and memeroable, when youre not an infant) but in the end your fore skin would no longer be as tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

Hi OP,

Penises come in all shapes and sizes. As Wibbs said most men are concerned with their own and not others.

I play a team sport and I can guarantee you that the last thing that is slagged off in the showers is any of our penises. I wouldnt worry about it and just get out there and enjoy youself on the pitch.

Wibbs just a quick comment here, I have to say that I've read your replies to other people's Personal issues and I must say that your advice is always spot on and ALWAYS makes sense. You have a no frills attitude with your responses and always make a valid point.

I do not know what your occupation is Wibbs but I would seriously consider a career in Guidance Counselling if I were you.

Regards
    Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Surely most of us dont actually look at anyone elses in the shower or anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

played team sports for many years. no one in the shower cares about your penis. seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Thats a referral right there me thinks!!lol

OP
    Dont worry about that whatsoever.As was mentioned men are worried enough about their own to be slagging off someone elses.I was slightly anxious when i properly started the whole sport thing (with the showering n all the rest). These guys are about 10 -15 years older than me and i was like "what if they are bigger and slag me or something".but its just a little cloud in your mind and soon it will dissolve once you see noone is really that different from anyone else.

and whatever sport your playing!Hope ya win!! ;)

youll find if anything in the locker room youre either supportive, or mute. I joined the morning gym in 5th year and I was the chubb :rolleyes: but no if anything I got encouragement for wanting to do something about it ... with that as a template I dont see how anyone is going to remark at your penis, bud. I assume they arent kids were talking about - grown adults tend to be mature and such :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

Great advice DaveIrl. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If anybody looks at your c*ck, they will be the one getting the abuse, not you!

And even if they did, blokes are generally not in the habit of talking about other people's penises. It makes you seem extremely gay.

• Advertisement

.....does that make us queers for discussing the OPs penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP, there are two types of dick:

1) big one, that only goes a slight bit bigger when hard

2) small one, which expands to about 3 to 5 times its size when hard.

Wimmin call the second one a "grower". Once it's 6 inches or so when hard, there's no need for lights to be off.

If one of the lads comments about it, ask him how long has he been staring at your dick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

the_syco wrote: »
    OP, there are two types of dick:

1) big one, that only goes a slight bit bigger when hard

2) small one, which expands to about 3 to 5 times its size when hard.

Wimmin call the second one a "grower". Once it's 6 inches or so when hard, there's no need for lights to be off.

If one of the lads comments about it, ask him how long has he been staring at your dick?

To go one further on what syco said i am the same op in that when flacid its not the biggest but when erect its grand.

Now the first time it was mentioned in the showers i said "Im a grower not a show-er" :D never had anythin said since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm also a grower not a show-er... I never actually heard of that little saying until my girlfriend said it..... Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Overheal wrote: »
    .....does that make us queers for discussing the OPs penis?
    Yes. Wanna make out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Stay on topic please guys.

dudara

Advertisement