Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi guys! - pban Beers ~ November

Options
  • 11-10-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know I have a thread in events, but I don't know if many of ye read it, so apologies to the mods, you can delete this thread if you want.

Basically, we (in pban) are having our last public beers. We will be going to Galway in Nov, and need good pubs etc. It will also give us a chance to meet you guys, and add some of ye.

If you could go to the thread in events nad vote etc that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

How many of you are coming, and what night(s) of the week are ye coming?

Also, have ye accomadation sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Basically, we (in pban) are having our last public beers. We will be going to Galway in Nov, and need good pubs etc. It will also give us a chance to meet you guys, and add some of ye.

If you could go to the thread in events nad vote etc that would be great!
    Thread she's talking about http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055163949

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

The Bierhaus is a nice spot that I have gone to recently.
    Monroes for pizza & pints & as said on the other thread the blue note is good aswell (i miss living on dominic st sometimes)

Ti Na Og for the football.

oh & can I come?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

whats the pban forum about.
    I cant access it.

• Advertisement

whats the pban forum about.
    I cant access it.

after a quick google I think it is a forum for the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Pban is a privvate forum, some people will get added, if me and the other mods agree. Yes, yu can all come to the Galway beers- it's your town, we will be guests. Once a date looks favorite, then we will be booking accom. Should be a few of us going.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The Pinkz are invading!!! Run for your lives!11!! :eek: :eek:

RLH, you better come now, fot that comment. Oh you'll get you comeuppance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Blue Note is the best

• Advertisement

RLH, you better come now
    Right now?

That can be arranged ... :p

>_>

Any chance of a hand? ;)

Oi, behave, we are in a proper forum now. Do you want to bring the bans stick?

anyways, go read your thread in pban and ul get umm....inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

pban also has a monkey quota that must be met.

Oi, behave, we are in a proper forum now. Do you want to bring the bans stick?
    Oh, Galway is a fairly easy-going forum, like the place itself. And I'm sure Karl or Paek wouldn't object to a helping hand, either. :D

monkeys and cats and the pinks, with a touch of pirates. and a lot of alcohol and craziness

and we are recruiting in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

curiouser and curiouser

yup, its all about the parties, so come out to play with us. and vote for the 10 or 24

quiet minnion......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://maps.google.com/?mid=1192177654

Anyone wishes to suggest something to be added, let me know and I'll pop it in. Can't see any way to make this map editable by public/group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say I hate the Blue note..It's a complete dump.
    The tunes are pretty cool but it's horrible inside.

Bierhouse and Roisins are pretty cool around that area. If your a bunch of women then I guess Buskers or Front Door would be a good spot for yee..

Or if you like good beer and a good local vibe go to Naughtans or Dew Drop around the quay street area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Most of the suggestions you will get on this forum will be:

Roisin Dubh
    Blue Note
    Massimos
    Bier Haus

These are all pubs within 20 yards of each other in the Dominick St. Area (aka hippyville, galway).

While they are grand for a few pints and a laugh they're pretty much not where you want to be if you've only one night out in Galway (possible exception being Roisin Dubh).

Luckily for you they are all located on one side of the river (understandible given hippies aversion to water) so they can be avoided quite easily. If you are in Galway for one big night then you'll want to go to the cradle of civilization (Quay St./Cross St.)

Big Giant Massive Pubs (late bars):
    Sonnys (The Front Door)
    Busker Brownes
    The Quays
    The Kings Head
    The Living Room
    Bazaar - this ones a little smaller than the rest, and I'm not sure if it's a late bar

Try To Have A Pint In (For a little traditional Galway charm):
    Freeneys
    Taffes
    Neachtains
    Tig Oili (I can't spell Irish)

Clubs:
    Halo - Mid 20's to Mid 30's (Chart music mixed with older pop such as the jackson 5 etc.) The movers & shakers wouldn't be caught dead anywhere else. Wear shoes and get dressed up
    CP's/Karma - Mid teens to mid 20's (chart etc.) Kiddys discos if you like being groped and puked on, you'll love this! Wear shoes and put on your shortest miniskirt/tea towelest shirt
    GPO/The Vic - Late teens to late 20's (oonce oonce oonce) bangin' choons for the masses, wear whatever you like and bring your best crack pipe.
    Cuba/De Burgos - Late teens to late 20's (cuba), early 20's to mid 30's (de burgos) (indie/rock/pop). Cuba is the indie/emo kid heaven, De Burgos is the hipster club. Wear a scowl and your "I deny the b*stard christ" t-shirt and you'll fit right in (cuba), fish out your 1970s vintage adidas and hornrimmed glasses to pass for a local (de burgos).

My personal reccommendation would be a pint or two in Freeneys, follwed by a few in The Front Door and Buskers, then either go to Halo (be in the queue at 11:30) or stay in Buskers for the night, possibly moving down to the living room at about 1:00 if you're bored. This should give you a pretty good generic weekend in Galway night out!

Hope this helps,
    Buckie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

you also have to drink a six pack of bavaria down by the spanish arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

My personal reccommendation would be a pint or two in Freeneys, follwed by a few in The Front Door and Buskers, then either go to Halo (be in the queue at 11:30) or stay in Buskers for the night, possibly moving down to the living room at about 1:00 if you're bored. This should give you a pretty good generic weekend in Galway night out!

Hope this helps,
    Buckie

Yup that's sounds like a plan I'd agree with too...maybe include the Dew Drop for one on your way to Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you contact Halo, you might be able to arrange a couple of private tables there for yourselves. They seat 10 to a table, but have to be pre-booked. It also means that you'd have to be definite that you're going there.

Ok guys, would you go to Halo? That sounds good, booking tables like. pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Ok guys, would you go to Halo? That sounds good, booking tables like. pm me!

If its a group of more than 10 then the best way to go clubbing in Galway is definitely to book a table in halos. You don't have to stay at it but its a nice base for the group for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    you also have to drink a six pack of bavaria down by the spanish arch.

DONT FORGET THE BUCKIE
    U WONT BE LET OUT IN GALWAY WITHOUT IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

buckie wrote: »
    DONT FORGET THE BUCKIE
    U WONT BE LET OUT IN GALWAY WITHOUT IT

TALKING IN CAPS MAKES ME FEEL MORE IMPORTANT THAN I AM!!!

Hope this helps,
    Buckie

Great breakdown:D

I will be booking this week, Ill have a pretty good idea of the dublin numbers tomorrow. Hope you guys come out. And sure i'll see some of ye next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

what the **** is pban

Advertisement