Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a 'homestay'

Options
  • 07-04-2007 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello, i am a Chinese student in UL. In order to improve my English , I really would like to live with local people.
    Actually , last October, when i arrived here , i spent nearly one month in a homestay. It was such a wonderful time that i will never forget. Although i still regret that i was a little bit shy so i didn't have enough conversation with my host family.
    So, now i am looking for a homestay, what i need is a single room , either include a bathroom or share a bathroom with other people is ok. I will buy myself food , do some simple cooking for myself , so i need to be able to use oven as well as microwave oven. But i may not use them very often because i will have lunch in campus and maybe do some part time job after class. Other stuff i need is sharing washing machine and dryer. I think that is all.
    Well ,the price i can pay is about 250 euro per month including electricty bill.
    To me , it dosen't matter if you are a family or a single person or old people . The most important thing is that i can talk to you in some spare time, if you want to learn Chinese , i can try my best to teach you .
    Anyway , if you are interested in my plan or want some details, just contact me , either follow a reply or give me an email.
    my email address:
    dreamstreamlet@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

you might be better off putting an ad in the local papers, or looking at "rooms to let" sections in your price range...unlikely you'll get picked up here in the forum..though not totally out of the question.

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dreamstream

thanks a million, upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

UL Students union should have a list of places to stay, if not they will be able to point you in the right direction.

also have a search through www.daft.ie in the Sharing section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

http://www.ul.ie/campuslife

You could try the campus life office in UL they are in the main building of UL. They might be able to guide you where to go. Also what Billy the Squid mentioned.

Advertisement