Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any problems with blogger.com

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:45pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

can anyone let me know if they are aving problems to browse blogs from blogger.com?

Can anyone test go to blogger.com/ scroll down and click in any of the blogs under "explore blogs" for me they all give me "The page cannot be displayed"

Tried with IE, Firefox and Opera.

I'm on NTL Old bawn area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

i get the same error.. I'm with ntl as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Yeah, me too. Posted about it earlier. Gone since this morning as it was working last night.

I rang NTL this afternoon and the bloke told me it was a problem at my end. I told him everyone who wasn't using NTL could get these sites and if I went to dial-up with Eircom I could get them.

He still tried to tell me it was my problem. Apparently 'second level' support will ring me tomorrow.

Please ring them yourselves though. The more people that complain about it the more they'll have to do something.

The useless twats.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Lines are closed now but an e-mail to customer.support@upc.ie is a good start.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DrDebaser

Hi Folks,

I 've been dipping in and out of Boards.ie for a while now. I am so cross that my NTL broadband is giving me problems with some sites. I've had temp problems accessing some sites in the past (Rapidshare etc) but now I cannot browse Blogger at all for 2 days.

So Thanks Nava for the NTL customer support link. I mailed them and received a standardised reply

'Thank you for your e-mail sent to the UPC Customer Support Team.
    This is an automated response. Your query has been given a unique tracking number for your reference'

There is no doubt that blogger is unavailable through NTL. If you use a proxy then its possible to get Blogger.com so there's no way I have a computer problem..

I use blogger alot - can anyone tell me why the NTL broadband service wont let me access this service (without taking the proxy route) ??

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

can you let us know what proxy you use so we can all get around it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Blogspot still not working on NTL - works on every other service.
    There are several other sites not working either.
    Everyone needs to get onto tech support about this or it will never be fixed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

blogspot still down on ntl,works ok on smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

God DAMN, blogspot is still unavailable through NTL :mad:

Has anyone received any updated feedback from NTL support? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

My blogspot (blogger) blog has been blocked for the past few days as well, I'm on NTL cable.

I can see www.blogger.com and even my dashboard, but as soon as I go to any *.blogspot.com page it gives a blank or error page.

So, the problem is definitely at the NTL end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

NTL here too, no blogspot

And i tried it from work today which was fine. You can still ping the blog server it just the pages cant be reached.

Its annoying as it looks like ntl 'support' wont even acknowledge the problem

Found this page http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/ If you go to the very bottom you can enter a url to open via its proxy ( its v slow but it proves it works ). I tried some blogspots and I can get them. Theres probably better, faster proxies around if ye look around.

Anyone getting in touch with ntl might want to tell them this test to show its not your end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Eircom BB
    Cork

No problems with blogger.

Advertisement