Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2006 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I will be in Dublin tomorrow and I am wondering what are the best shops for designer clothes for men? I think i will go to Brown Thomas and chance going to House of Fraiser ( I think they sell Paul Smith) any other good designer stores? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Arnots and Debenhams..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BT, House of Fraser, Harvey Nichols, Alias Tom.

BT and HOF definitely carry Paul Smith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ulc84

I went to BT,BT2, Harvey Nichols and House of Fraiser . I popped into arnotts and tk maxx and found them very poor, particularly arnotts. Anyway! I bought two thinsg, firstly in BT2 i got a pair of Tsubi jeans for an excellent price, 40eur down from 100eur. But the best ever was in House of Fraiser. There was a nice smart Paul Smith jacket which had been reduced twice, it was originally 210 then 110 then 82. So I thought what snip I can't leave that behind, so I went up to pay and she said it had been further reduced, to 41.50eur! I couldn't believe it, the best bargain ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I got a Paul Smith winter parka in Urban Outfitters for 318 quid last week, same jacket was 330 in BT. :)

Generally though, I found the experience of the usual suspects in Dublin a bit depressing; looking forward to a trip or two to Italy in the new year.

Both of the Bureau stores (one casual and the other more formal) in Belfast carry some nice Paul Smith too.

Bateman wrote:
    I got a Paul Smith winter parka in Urban Outfitters for 318 quid last week, same jacket was 330 in BT. :)

Generally though, I found the experience of the usual suspects in Dublin a bit depressing; looking forward to a trip or two to Italy in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

stovelid wrote:
    Both of the Bureau stores (one casual and the other more formal) in Belfast carry some nice Paul Smith too.

True. Have my eye on a few pieces there that I hope to pick up in the sales. :)

Damn, you've just juxtaposed the words sales and Bureau in my mind now. :D
    Bateman wrote:
    True. Have my eye on a few pieces there that I hope to pick up in the sales. :)

Advertisement