Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre Snacks From Around the World!

Options
  • 03-11-2006 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

What is the weirdest food you have come across that takes eating to a whole new level?

Here's one...

4i6on50.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Well im living with a french girl who eats avocado with vinegar but she thinks eating cereal in the evening is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Hmmm interesting combination.

Occasionally I eat strawberries in Balsamic vinegar as well as Vegemite and jam sandwiches...its a bit like peanut butter and jelly only saltier!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Thai curry dish called "Kee Pia" . . . kill a cow, remove its intestines with the already digested last meal and then mince them up. Nothing like a good dish of diced guts and cow sh1t to top off your evening's dining.

It really is quite nice.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I was given cow's tongue in aspic jelly topped with a slice of hard-boiled egg for my breakfast in Belarus. Not to mention the accompanying 4 or 5 glasses of vodka. And that was after a salami & cucumber course, & then a potato stuffed with sausage meat.

Unfortunately my russian wasn't good enough to explain that I normally make do with a cup of coffee & a few cigarettes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My aunt has a co-worker who eats a slice of brownbread covered in butter and then covered in a mountain of salt.....gross.

Pancakes and sausage isn't really that strange to be honest. Although with chocolate chips yes I suppose that is a little odd...I think what makes it somewhat funny is the "on a stick" part. Breakfast on a stick. I like that.

The weirdest snacks I have seen were chocolate covered insects like ants and spiders. Pretty horrible, although apparently without knowing what they are you'd just assume they were some sort of normal candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Wasabi covered pea's. and they are quite nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Some Icelandic people much on rotten shark althought it's not really that popular anymore. Pickled rams testicles is another one.
    In Japan they have this Bombay style mix that includes dried out salty fish that are particularly disgusting. They also have a chocolate brand called Asses but that's not too bad actually :D
    Having said that, most foreigners I know think black and white pudding is really weird once they find out what's in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Keedowah wrote:
    Wasabi covered pea's. and they are quite nice!
    I was in Japan two weeks ago and came across a shop selling wasabi flavored ice cream. Apparently it is really popular there.

In one of the traditional ryokans for breakfast they served up miso soup, rice, fish and this weird egg thing that was like custard only the eggs were half cooked. All washed down with some pocari sweat!

317bm90.jpg

Advertisement