Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP Express - $10 Freezeout for a $12,500 WSOP Package - no feeders, no strings.

Options
  • 25-05-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

To kick off the road to the WSOP in style, paddypowerpoker is offering 2 chances to get a WSOP package for $10.

No feeders, no rebuys, just a big guaranteed prize package with a big overlay.

WSOP Express tournaments will take place:

Sunday 28th May at 4pm and next Wed 31st May at 8pm.

These will be $10 + $1 freezeout tournaments with the winner of each getting a $12,500 package to the WSOP Main Event!

I'm guessing this will be the best value WSOP sat on the net over the next week and i hope some boardsies win them.

Registration for Sunday's event will open tomorrow morning Friday 26th May at 9am.

Registration for next wednesday's event will be on Monday at 9am.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are these PPP only or Tribeca wide?

Will surely give it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What are the blind levels and times like? Is this PPP only or all Tribeca?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

paddypowerpoker only and 12 minute standard tourney blinds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

limited to how many players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

'Just when I thought that I was out...they pull me back in!'

That one is for Rounders, the man who loves his movie quotes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Are all the $10 entry fees still going into the prizepool and the two packages are being offered for free? Or is it just a ticket for first and nothing for second?

If so, then thats not much of an overlay if everyone is payin $10 + $1. If you get the max 999 players, thats $10989...

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Gerire, doubt its limited but it will prob get about 100runners.Id say a lot of ex-PPP players will be attracted back for this. BTW Karl any chance 15mins or 20min blinds??gwan!

BTW savage promotion PPP

all money goes towards the package ya greedy feck! :)

i very much doubt this will come close to filling. admittedly 999 players would be better for the company than 100 but this is a promo exercise.

your call when you register. i know id be playing both of them if i was allowed.

12 min levels is as good as i can do im afraid. will still leave a lot of play.

dont worry ill still play... nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Looks like PPP will get some of my money again so. Seems like great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

In fairness, it's an excellent promo.

Kudos to the 'win-back' manager in PPP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Culchie wrote:
    In fairness, it's an excellent promo.

Kudos to the 'win-back' manager in PPP ;)

*eats nose, spites face*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Ralph: Look up there! It's Lisa! And she's winning us back

We must complain even more if that is possible* and imagine what we will get then!!!!!

* by even more I mean not at all as it is painful reading

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

will a deal be allowed at the final table? be kind of pissed off if you come second in this!

e.g. split the package up, first gets entry and 2-4 get a share of 2500?

I'd hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

sikes wrote:
    will a deal be allowed at the final table? be kind of pissed off if you come second in this!

e.g. split the package up, first gets entry and 2-4 get a share of 2500?

Doubt it PPP will want to send a person over as opposed to splitting for cash prizes.

they wont be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

obvioulsy someone will be getting the entry fee, they pay for their way over and accomdation and the 2500 for expenses is split

there is 1 prize of a $12,500 package ($10k entrance to WSOP Main Event + expenses) in each tournament.

the prize is non-refundable, non-transferrable and no cash alternatives offered.

if players want to agree a % interest with the winner when it gets down to the last few then they are free to do so although I wont be overseeing or enforcing such deals.

if you think back to the Grand Slam Irish Team qualifiers, Devore took a % of Fatboydim when it got headsup.

...oh and its fixed btw so don't even THINK about trying to win it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Sunday at four?

should just be climbing out of my hangover. must remember to stock up on coffee and solpadeine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is gonna be great!

registration now open for Sunday's tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

This tournament is preventing us from doing constructive things with our Sunday afternoon blah blah blah:mad:
    I suppose the winner will have to wear a paddy power shirt blah blah blah:mad:

Im in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

karlh wrote:

...oh and its fixed btw so don't even THINK about trying to win it! :D

how do I go about getting it fixed so I win ?

I suppose the winner will have to wear a paddy power shirt blah blah blah:mad:

the winner will have to change the names of their entire family (inc. pets) to 'Paddy Power' by deed poll.

all entrants agree to have a paddypowerpoker.com logo tattooed on their forehead for the duration of the WSOP and wear explicitly revealing, branded clothing for the months of July and August.

yes you must wear a ppp shirt if you win a ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

karlh wrote:
    the winner will have to change the names of their entire family (inc. pets) to 'Paddy Power' by deed poll.

all entrants agree to have a paddypowerpoker.com logo tattooed on their forehead for the duration of the WSOP and wear explicitly revealing, branded clothing for the months of July and August.

So whats your point?

Now if I won the ticket, can I have the cash.....?

karlh wrote:

I can probably think of people who would do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

karlh wrote:
    the winner will have to ... wear explicitly revealing, branded clothing for the months of July and August.
    QUOTE]

oh the humanity! as if all poker winners weren't fat arsed enough! now we have to watch them waddle by showing it off!? my eyes, my eyes!

ty ppp.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Just when i decided to leave PP too, was convinced something iffy was going on with the river although probably more down to Tribeca than them from what i hear(if there is something iffy that is). I am in for the two of these, only played 3 of the big $100,000tournies online and nearly got into a payout place in all 3, so one never knows, vegas here i come:)

Advertisement