Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crun-chos

Options
  • 14-05-2006 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I think thats how its spelt anyway!!

Anyone remember them?

Hot dog flavored crisps made by King

Well I'd kill for a packet of them right now!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

Hi Anto,

I think i posted about these before. I adored them, my whole family did. I have not seen them anywhere in a good few years but i always look out for them but they are obviously not bein made anymore. Poo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I remember them from my childhood alright, have not seen them about in years either though. Assume they are no longer on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

One of the best pack of crisps ever. Mmmm. Whatever happened them I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

I loved it when you would get a huge one, they were so bloody tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Yeah,they were beautiful,it's such a pity they stopped making them,i used to them 4/5 packs at a time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Crunchos were taken off the market for safety reasons. You may remember they were extremely hard and were judged (correctly I think) to be unsuitable for children.

There were attempts to sell them in pubs from racks in a similar way to Scampi Fries etc., but these were eventually rejected and Crunchos were resigned to history.

Don't ask me how I know all this - suffice to say I liked them a bit too much :)

Thanks for letting us Know Peter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They were the king of the cheaper crisps. Used to love them. Didn't know why they disappeared...now I can lay the mystery to rest :D

HavoK wrote:
    They were the king of the cheaper crisps. Used to love them. Didn't know why they disappeared...now I can lay the mystery to rest :D

I dont know,i had a soft spot for the old French fries before they started tasting like wheetabix!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wackieal

I also loved these, these were sooooooo tasty I say we all start an on-line campaign to get these back on the market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Oh crap............ I would love a packet of them now! It's not fair! Damn you Anto for reminding me of those savoury salty pieces of heaven!
    Speaking of crisps no longer on the market, what ever happened to Tayto Fritters?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Crunchos were taken off the market for safety reasons. You may remember they were extremely hard and were judged (correctly I think) to be unsuitable for children.

There were attempts to sell them in pubs from racks in a similar way to Scampi Fries etc., but these were eventually rejected and Crunchos were resigned to history.

I adored them, they were taken off the market but came back a few years later and were not as hard, ruined, nothing like the originals. I remember when they were taken off I found a small shop with them, bought about 30 packs, shopkeeper thought I was a nutter.

Never heard it was safety issue, they were just as hard as scampi fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

ahhh crunchos......they were very hard all right

I love all those crap crisps
    wheelies, cheese puffs,

If you have kids..........
    has anyone tasted the "bear in the big blue house" crisps
    they are amazing, although i fear for the ingredients - they are too tasty

ciao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Crun-chos were great, variety of them in the US called Cheetos, except cheesy flavouring.

Advertisement