Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else hate that damn arrogant toothbrush in the ad

Options
  • 21-12-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

That sonic toothbrush drives me mad, his voice is so annoying, "not quite".

reminds me of that other ad for headache tablets where the guy has been doing the other guys work and says "well pal" in a real sneery tone. Think it may be the same actor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i really don't pay that much attention tbh. it's a 30 second ad, life will continue, with or without an arrogant toothbrush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

They say "it removes up to two times as much plack". Why don't they just say double?! That pisses my right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

rubadub wrote:
    the guy says "well pal".
    I'd love to smash him in the bollox with a hatchet - his sneery voice and the way he tries to stop the merger going down the pan and all.

As for that 'removes two times as much plaque' - well they should be brought to court for sins against the English langwidge.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The sonic toothbrush should have a cape and fight crime. In your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its preety arogant toothbrush but just remember that if you bought one it would class if it could talk.tell you all about halatosis and how its sonic waves will make s**t of the plaque

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Yeah, that ad is pretty bad. The Barry's Tea ad on the radio is about a million times worst though. It goes on for 90 seconds and you can't even understand what the guy is mumbling about! Feckin' madness, I tell thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah, what a wanker...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dimerocks wrote:
    its preety arogant toothbrush but just remember that if you bought one it would class if it could talk.tell you all about halatosis and how its sonic waves will make s**t of the plaque
    It would be saying "rough night?, I knew you would score that minger in the pub and now you expect me to wash the taste out of you mouth, I think not sonny"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Forget about talking, does it make that Rolf Harris wobble board sound? That's what I want to know.

Advertisement