Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Multiroom

Options
  • 28-11-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a question. How does sky Multiroom work ?

I was going to sign-up for a year at a cost of 15 euro extra a month but I want to get some info first.

1. Does it connect a quad LNB to your dish

or

2. Feed the second sat signal from your sky box.

The reason is, I want to sign up for a year and at the end of that keep the two boxes and just get a FTA card from England and hey presto no charge :D

But, just thought Id post in case there was something Ive missed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

its cheaper to get your own LNB and install it yourself.
    €20 off Ebay for a brand new quad and €15 for the additional cabling. Then acquire a box for about €20 and then when its installed ask sky for a new card.

I did this 2 weeks ago, I was a bit paranoid about it but it was as easy as the replies i got suggested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304317
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848228

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Yeah, but my stupid dish is on the roof and I dont have a head for heights :(

Phoned around and the cheapest was 110 euro just to put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DinoBot wrote:
    Yeah, but my stupid dish is on the roof and I dont have a head for heights :(

Phoned around and the cheapest was 110 euro just to put it up.

I do but im not stupid so convinced a mate to get up on roof and i ehh supervised:)

€110 for no more than 5 minutes work its unscrew ht eold one and screw the new one and thats it.

kdjac

Advertisement