Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftv cards (again)

Options
  • 04-07-2005 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

have to admit i'm new to this satellite lark,(and boards as well) i've been watching ebay,as suggested elsewhere, for an ftv card and while there are several on offer the sellers don't seem to know how long they will operate for. i thought this was a once off thing, any answers?

Comments

It was initiall said 2 years or more

I'd reckon you'd be safer for a lot longer than that.

Do a site search for all the advice on this,theres loads and try to get the card from a friend or relative in the UK for stg£20,cutting out the middleman touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

they usually go for around 30 pounds which is a fairly decent price to pay for the ftv channels even if it is only for a year or two. cant you get another when it runs out.

i got mine yesterday, paid only 23 pounds for it, incl postage. ebay is a much better option than a shop in Killarney offering them for 175 euros!!!! (rip-off ireland indeed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

dmeehan wrote:
    they usually go for around 30 pounds which is a fairly decent price to pay for the ftv channels even if it is only for a year or two. cant you get another when it runs out.

i got mine yesterday, paid only 23 pounds for it, incl postage. ebay is a much better option than a shop in Killarney offering them for 175 euros!!!! (rip-off ireland indeed!)

€175???????? Are they gold cards? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 moc63

I would agree ebay is the better option.unless you know someone in the uk.I have seen them on offer here from €125.00-€175.00.
    Read carefully what the card actually opens,is it active?.That the seller has a good feedback rating.

Regards
    moc63

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

djpaul wrote:
    €175???????? Are they gold cards? :eek:
    thats exactly what i thought when the assistant told me the price. i just said forget it and walked out

• Advertisement
Advertisement