Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol Live - anyone else think this??

Options
  • 31-05-2005 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Snow Patrols latest album was probably the album of last year.
    However, whenever I see them perform live, they sound nothing like the snow patrol on the album.
    Lightbodys vocals are nowhere near the standard on the album, and the bands sounds doesnt sound clear.... perhaps a sign the album is just too polished??

I know people will probably slate me for this post, but does anyone else think Snow Patrol are not half the band live as they are on record?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Agreed Agreed Agreed. This is not tall poppy syndrome because to see an Irish Band come up and do so well is great. But. If you look at what has actually happened to Snow Patrol you see why they arent so great live. They released a couple of Albums through a smaller indie record label. Weren't hugely successful. They openly admit that they were ready to pack it in. Then Polydor come in on the back of recent success in that Genre. Employ Garret Lee. Who is one of the top producers in the world at the minute. Kasabian and U2 have also been clients of his in recent years. So to say that they cant perform to such high standards live is true. But then again. If you have the right people on board and a loada cash behind yah Even your albums can sound amazing.
    P.S. I think the album is OK. And I wish them every success. But this has just been my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

whiskeyman wrote:
    Snow Patrols latest album was probably the album of last year.

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

JimboPope wrote:
    Ha!
    I dont actually mean it was the best album.
    I meant it was *the* album.. the album the media went on and on about and celebs and others went on and on about.
    Everyone just seemed to be talking from it.
    Kinda like the hype that surrounded the Thrills the year before with their debut.

Actually, FF Take me out was probably the hyped album... Snow Patrols was close behind it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It was released in 2003 iirc.
    Anyway....

I do agree with you that Final Straw is too polished. Tbh I never really liked it but was always a fan of their first two albums. As for live I don't find them that exciting, mostly because I've only seen them after they released Final Straw and since that they tend to play 90% tracks from that album, which is dissapointing to me.

Apart from that I really enjoy the older tracks they play live, aswell as Post Punk Progression which they almost always play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

I agree ... first time i saw them, they were pretty good ... second time they were absolute ****e! .... never again .....

I disagree with the guy who said their earlier albums were better ... IMO they were complete tripe .... Final Straw is a decent album, but as suggested, they cant pull it off live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Although Final Straw was one of my favourite albums of 2004, I skipped them at Oxegen because I just thought it'd be boring - they aren't the kinda band that would get you overly excited at a live gig. So instead I stayed in the pit for PJ Harvey and left after 3 songs, because she was so boring!!

Anyway, I then saw them live in the Olympia in November and while I enjoyed them it wasn't anything to write home about! They'll be luck to sell out their Killarney July gig.

I just wonder in what direction their new album is gonna take them!

Advertisement