Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amp

Options
  • 26-02-2005 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I need to buy an amp and Ive got about 500 quid to spend. I was thinking of the Marshall MG250DFX. Does anyone else have this? It seems like a good solid amp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I've recorded one... Get a Line6 Spider instead.

Unless you have the money to fork out on a good valve amp, I'd seriously recommend you go with something digital. Even a cheap digital amp will give a far nicer (and much more versatile) sound than a regular solidstate amp - on stage, in the studio, or in your bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i have the 250dfx.. it's grand if you want to just play in your room, i think the inbuilt fx are good.. but i'll be giggin within a couple of months so i'm going to be upgrading to somethin with a bit of umph!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

well unless you purchase something extremely better than what are used at most gigs, you are going to end up using a marshall either way. I don't think at €500 you are gonna get an amp that will be worth playing instead of the amps already provided at these places. I agree if you could get a valve amp twould be good.

I've recorded one... Get a Line6 Spider instead.

Unless you have the money to fork out on a good valve amp, I'd seriously recommend you go with something digital. Even a cheap digital amp will give a far nicer (and much more versatile) sound than a regular solidstate amp - on stage, in the studio, or in your bedroom.

i have a spider, took months of research before i bought it, and i love it, the amount of different tones you can get out of it is amazing. But for €500, you could take it a step higher and get a second hand Flextone, even better then the spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, it'd be a bit of work but you might find a second-hand Flextone at that price. The Flextone pisses all over the Spiders, which piss all over any solidstate Marshall, so you can see where that leaves solidstate Marshalls in respect to Flextones. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

The Line 6 Flextone looks nice. Ill look into it. What shops in Dublin can you try out those babies? I dont remember them being in MusicMaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Musician inc., instrumental

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_peavey_classic30_prodinfo.html

30 Watt, all tube, €520 + €23 shipping. Yarr harr!

€600 would get you this Flextone

http://tinyurl.com/5keue

cant recommend it enough at that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

I recommend either one of the spider II series or a vox ad50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Thanks guys. Im going to look into it a bit more. I wont be buying for a couple of months.

Advertisement