Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request - Pork rinds/crackling/scratchings

Options
  • 20-08-2004 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where a person could buy pork rinds/scratchings/crackling here in Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

Not available unless you roast your own pork for crackling.
    Only available in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Blue Duck wrote:
    Not available unless you roast your own pork for crackling.
    Only available in the UK.

I could have sworn I've seen big bags of Mr. Porky scratchings in Aldi in the past. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was kind of afraid that you couldn't buy them in Ireland for whatever reason. I love them, absolutely love them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

being a low carber I brought back a huge bag of Mr Porky pork scratchings last time I was in UK. My god they are vile.... thankfully got someone to eat them, everyone else seems to love them.
    There is a warning on them about only people with healthy teeth eating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They come in all sorts of different strengths from cement-like to quite puffy like snax. I bought bags and bags to bring home with me the last time I was in the UK, butI I'm desperately craving more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Rancheros are much nicer and have a similar puffy texture and taste.

Advertisement