Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP

Options
  • 11-06-2023 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

MotoGP 2 podium just now in the Mugello Circuit, winner Pedro Acosta (Spain) second Tony Arbolino(Italy) but draped with an Italian flag as they play the Spanish National Anthem while the organisers have an Irish Tricolor displayed in the background!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jonnreeks

The MotoGP Assen, Netherlands plays host to Round 8 of the 2023 Championship 23-25 June.

Looking forward to this one as this is the last event before there is a break, until August 4-6 and the British MotoGP at Silverstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Good win for Jake Dixon. He seems like a nice you lad.

WSBK in Donnington this weekend!

MotoGp this weekend is in Austin Texas!

• Advertisement

As expected MM93 cannot handle his new bike, he just does not want to listen to reason!

He needs to stop riding it like he is Marc Marquez. He's too used to having to ride the uncontrollable Honda.

I'm off to Jerez next week, home GP might his maiden win.

Nice 1 for you enjoy the event. Not much of a MM93 fan.

Was brought up on the Rossi era and always enjoyed the various Italian riders approach to races. For me, most of the Italy riders were born of a street wise nature while a lot of the Spanish riders were academy trained and seemed to be more restricted.

😀

I'm the exact same. Rossi was/is one of my idols. Looking forward to the atmosphere of Jerez.

I've never been before. Been to Valencia loads of times to the point where the venue bores the

arse off me. Great night life in Cheste and Valencia but I wouldn't go back for free.

• Advertisement

Again enjoy Jerez. I will closely follow on TV! 😎

A rundown of the weekend.

Flight from Dublin was delayed to 8.15 so we were late taking off.

I luckily was allocated 1 of the emergency seats on the plane. Arrived

to it and some really tall guy was in it so I said work away at it. I'm only

5'5 so any seat does me on Ryanair. Turns out the tall guy (from Bray) knew the hotel

we were staying in in Seville on Thursday night and he lives in Seville.

He had a car waiting outside the airport. A gift seeing it was so late at

night.

A friend ours was in Benalmadena for the week so we were meeting him

in Seville Friday afternoon. Hung around there for the day and done some

sight seeing, Cathedral is really cool, done a nice boat trip too. Taxi between

4 of us to our apartment in Jerez was only €80 (Uber)

Got to Jerez, fired the bags into the apartment (€650 booking.com) and

went drinking. Apartment was a little bit outside the city but we didn't mind.

Had a stroll into Jerez and met a few really nice Spaniards. One was a Dr (Jose)

who has been to Dublin a few times. Him and his family took us around

Jerez that night to a few really nice bars. Had my phone stolen off the table in

an Irish bar we were in. Apparently it is really common, gangs going from

pub to pub doing it. Put a small dampener on things but it's only a phone.

The Spanish Dr (Jose) we met insisted on collecting us Sunday morning to

bring us to the circuit, that should have only took us about 15 mins but it took

about 45 with traffic.

We had tickets for the General area which was packed. The Spaniard idolise

Marquez!!! A great day altogether. Weather was brilliant, beer was plentiful.

Outside the circuit they had buses organised to run people back into the city.

The que was huge but all in all probably 45 mins waiting to get on one which

was tough with a hangover from hell standing in the sun.

Would I go back to Jerez??? I wouldn't hurry back. Uber operates in Seville

but not Jerez so getting around can be difficult. But it is 1 more GP ticked

off the list so maybe next year I will. If I do I'll make sure my phone is always

in my pocket and the accommodation isn't so far from the city centre. The

welcome we got from the Spanish people we met was unreal. They could not

do enough for us, we were very lucky. Time for a detox and roll on the WSB

in Portimao.

Oh and me met Uccio Salucci in Seville on the way home. Nice friendly guy

but is English is as good as my Italian!

Anyone looking for info at all, gimme a PM.

Sounds like you had a great trip and well documented. Having you ever considered doing a youtube on GP circuit visit from a fans perspective, I think you cover what we really want to hear about. 😊

Well done.

Cheers! Too old to be a Youtuber now! Don't think anyone could listen to me.

Being going to GP's, WSB, BSB, TT, Irish Road Races since around 1992 so you

could guess my age. My Dad brought me to Fore.

Advertisement