Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.joe.ie/news/gardai-scene-shooting-west-dublin-660939

Unfortunately a shooting on Blakestown Road. Hope victim survives, regardless of motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.joe.ie/news/gardai-scene-shooting-west-dublin-660939

Unfortunately a shooting on Blakestown Road. Hope victim survives, regardless of motive.

That was over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

3 reports of scummers snooping around Castlefield Hall since Sunday alone. Last Saturday at 3am 2 lads were sneaking around back gardens until spooked away by the milkman. There was also an attempted car theft and another lad was seen sprinting out of the estate at 2am.

Wtf is going on. Seems the garda patrols have eased up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Have had to call the guards twice within the space of a week to report drivers racing up and down station road at Hansfield station at night, screeching their breaks and flying up and down the road, no sign of the guards patrolling lately at all. They could finance a couple of new recruits in Blanch if they started policing the Ongar rd alone with all the speeding and undertaking that happens every day, never seen driving like it in my life.

There's been loads of scramblers here in corduff. Flying around on footpaths and pulling wheelies on the main road. Some of them are so young. Only a matter of time before they hurt someone or themselves.

The noise is so frustrating. I have close my windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Nijmegen wrote: »
    That being said a drone could be any one of a number of things - a hobbyist getting a view of their area, or someone selling their home getting aerial shots (had this done myself recently) or even a professional reason, like a survey being done.
    Don't let logic and innocent reasons get in the way of paranoia. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Many drones have quite HD cameras with good zoom.

That being said a drone could be any one of a number of things - a hobbyist getting a view of their area, or someone selling their home getting aerial shots (had this done myself recently) or even a professional reason, like a survey being done. I think the etiquette around flying drones over someone else’s property (or where the cameras can see into the property) is not well established at all.

Kinda hard to hard to fly over someones house by accident.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/farming/arid-30895371.html
    https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,821 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    There's been loads of scramblers here in corduff. Flying around on footpaths and pulling wheelies on the main road. Some of them are so young. Only a matter of time before they hurt someone or themselves.

The noise is so frustrating. I have close my windows.

What has the Garda response been?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Neighbours house in Riverwood Drive broken into - broad day light. Took a hammer to the back door and alarm box. Small amount of cash stolen.

Seen on Facebook. Scrotes Trying cars in Riverwood about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Seve OB wrote:
    Seen on Facebook. Scrotes Trying cars in Riverwood about an hour ago

Were they on foot, car or bike do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭daymobrew

RTT wrote: »
    Were they on foot, car or bike do you know?
    The two guys were on foot. Caught on CCTV but poor quality picture as they were at the end of the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

About 20 Garda cars at entrance to Whitechapel and area cordoned off. I assume person shot dead as ambulance in no hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

bkeane wrote: »
    About 20 Garda cars at entrance to Whitechapel and area cordoned off. I assume person shot dead as ambulance in no hurry.

Machete attack according to people down that way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,821 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Has anyone any idea wtf is burning?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lots of sirens around anyway the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Seve OB wrote: »
    lots of sirens around anyway the last while

Road from Luttrellstown Castle entrance towards Westmanstown closed this evening at around 18:00 with garda car directing traffic towards Clonsilla but a large number doing U turns back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea wtf is burning?

Plenty of smoke around the fields between Clonsilla and Clonee around 3ish.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What has the Garda response been?

Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

River road closed today (2pm), lots of cop cars, you can access river road from the halfway house to go to fnglas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

horse7 wrote: »
    River road closed today (2pm), lots of cop cars, you can access river road from the halfway house to go to fnglas.

There’s a protest at the dog pound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Surprised no mention of this here yet, but fairly disgraceful carry on: https://www.thejournal.ie/video-of-young-people-pushing-woman-into-dublin-canal-5176689-Aug2020/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Already a long and dysfunctional thread on it...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058104909/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I know someone posted the other day about his wife and kids getting harassed by the homeless guy near Spar near Coolmine industrial estate. Which is obviously terrible. He was asking whether to confront the guy or contact the Guards. Having seen him moving tents the other day, with no top on, I suggest you definitely bring it to the Guards rather than confront him. The guy is built like Brad Pitt in Snatch.

For anyone that's interested, he's moved further down the Clonsilla Road towards Coolmine. Still on the same side but just further down that patch of grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

I know someone posted the other day about his wife and kids getting harassed by the homeless guy near Spar near Coolmine industrial estate. Which is obviously terrible. He was asking whether to confront the guy or contact the Guards. Having seen him moving tents the other day, with no top on, I suggest you definitely bring it to the Guards rather than confront him. The guy is built like Brad Pitt in Snatch.

For anyone that's interested, he's moved further down the Clonsilla Road towards Coolmine. Still on the same side but just further down that patch of grass.
    Built like Brad pitt?? His as skinny as sin, i seen him robotic dancing up and down the street on Friday night, clearly off his noggin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Built like Brad pitt?? His as skinny as sin, i seen him robotic dancing up and down the street on Friday night, clearly off his noggin

After last night's winds, I'd be surprised his tent was still there today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

He has made really inappropriate sexual remarks and gestures towards me when going in and out of the shop. I said it to the staff discreetly last time but when I returned another day he was still hanging around the shop so I just stopped going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Apartment broken into in Allendale this afternoon during broad daylight. Ground floor. Apparently got way with laptops, phones, rings.

I had previously heard that someone had opened a window from the outside and was looking in, while the occupants were there and resting / sleeping. Quite brazen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

neonsofa wrote: »
    He has made really inappropriate sexual remarks and gestures towards me when going in and out of the shop. I said it to the staff discreetly last time but when I returned another day he was still hanging around the shop so I just stopped going there.

Staff can't do a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Staff can't do a thing.

There is a security guard in another local spar that regularly asks people to move on if they are hanging around outside the shop being anti social. I am aware that they cant do more than that but if the staff aren't made aware of what is going on directly outside their premises (not on the road but literally at the door) then they certainly can't do anything, so there is no harm in discreetly telling them what is happening to their customers every time they visit the shop. I am not blaming the shop or complaining about the staff, I am just saying what happened and that I no longer go as a result.

Advertisement