Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Can someone please do me a favour if they're regular listener's and going to be listening all week, can you please take note of how many female contributors they have on the show this week and how many male ones.

I mean competition winners, instagrand contestants call backs, requests read our.

I can guarantee you it will be an almost 80/20 split in favour of the females.

And his fans can make all the excuses they want about "that's the demographic listening at that hour of the morning" rubbish, because every other breakfast show from KC & Ross, Dempsey, Breakfast Republic and even the two new clowns , it will be a far more even spilt.

I've come to the conclusion that Ray is intimated by men and can't have the same banter he has with the women so he purposely chooses lady listener's.

It's not Jays preference because when he was on with KC it was a 50/50 split.

Not natural organic radio when you only have the viewpoint & input from one gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Can someone please do me a favour if they're regular listener's and going to be listening all week, can you please take note of how many female contributors they have on the show this week and how many male ones.

I mean competition winners, instagrand contestants call backs, requests read our.

I can guarantee you it will be an almost 80/20 split in favour of the females.

And his fans can make all the excuses they want about "that's the demographic listening at that hour of the morning" rubbish, because every other breakfast show from KC & Ross, Dempsey, Breakfast Republic and even the two new clowns , it will be a far more even spilt.

I've come to the conclusion that Ray is intimated by men and can't have the same banter he has with the women so he purposely chooses lady listener's.

It's not Jays preference because when he was on with KC it was a 50/50 split.

Not natural organic radio when you only have the viewpoint & input from one gender.

Jesus Christ let it go. And by way of proof on how ridiculous your comments are since you keep trying to beat this drum:

Last Monday one male secret sound caller and two female with a male instagrand caller. Last Tuesday two secret sound callers one male and one female...spent so long chatting to the first guy didnt get a 3rd person on and Instagrand caller was a male. Last Wedneaday 2 secret sound callers out of 3 were male with one female and female caller on Instagrand.

Are you not similarly concerned when women are underrepresented on programmes, either as guests or as broadcasters? Such as the programme actually under discussion?

Surely you've come to the conclusion that a lot of men are intimidated by women.

IUA14 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ let it go. And by way of proof on how ridiculous your comments are since you keep trying to beat this drum:

Last Monday one male secret sound caller and two female with a male instagrand caller. Last Tuesday two secret sound callers one male and one female...spent so long chatting to the first guy didnt get a 3rd person on and Instagrand caller was a male. Last Wedneaday 2 secret sound callers out of 3 were male with one female and female caller on Instagrand.

Wow Take a chill pill, overreact much???
    Anyway.............
    Secret sound contestants are answered on a first come first served basis so they don't count as Ray doesn't chose who comes on.
    What you have pointed out though is the amount of male listener's they have but don't give them equal opportunity as female entrants.
    This morning, one male on Instagrand, three female winners of cinema family passes and he actually made 2 attempts to call back an aunt and her niece who were on a road trip.
    Have a nice day.

Wow Take a chill pill, overreact much???
    Anyway.............
    Secret sound contestants are answered on a first come first served basis so they don't count as Ray doesn't chose who comes on.
    What you have pointed out though is the amount of male listener's they have but don't give them equal opportunity as female entrants.
    This morning, one male on Instagrand, three female winners of cinema family passes and he actually made 2 attempts to call back an aunt and her niece who were on a road trip.
    Have a nice day.

So now secret sound isn't an issue, even though you mentioned it in your previous post? You have an agenda you are trying to fit with selectively picking and choosing what counts in this big discrimination melting pot you have constructed. Cinema tickets for a kids movie on one occasion now showing that he hates men? Listen to something else if you didn't get picked as a winner at some stage and can't let it go.

• Advertisement

So now secret sound isn't an issue, even though you mentioned it in your previous post? You have an agenda you are trying to fit with selectively picking and choosing what counts in this big discrimination melting pot you have constructed. Cinema tickets for a kids movie on one occasion now showing that he hates men? Listen to something else if you didn't get picked as a winner at some stage and can't let it go.
    I didn't mention secret sound listener's in any previous post as they don't have control over who comes on air.
    And the movie tickets was just the latest example, it's every single competition that is completely & totally one sided when it comes to winners.
    Look I get it you're a fan boy/girl, you're one of these fan boys/girls who also can't let the past go any keep dredging up podcasts and JP and Anne.
    It's ok to be a fan of a certain presenter but when it turns blinds your judgement and stops you noticing blatant favouritism towards the female listener's and entrants then that turns into a sickness and gets a bit weird & fanatical.
    Couldn't believe he turned into Alison Curtis this morning and brought the kids on air, car crash radio which after listening to also explained why he had no problem moving away from Dublin for 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's been over a year since I've listened to the show and he's always brought kids on or got them to send in those WhatsApp voice messages. You're clearly not a fan, so stop listening to him.

I didn't mention secret sound listener's in any previous post as they don't have control over who comes on air.
    And the movie tickets was just the latest example, it's every single competition that is completely & totally one sided when it comes to winners.
    Look I get it you're a fan boy/girl, you're one of these fan boys/girls who also can't let the past go any keep dredging up podcasts and JP and Anne.
    It's ok to be a fan of a certain presenter but when it turns blinds your judgement and stops you noticing blatant favouritism towards the female listener's and entrants then that turns into a sickness and gets a bit weird & fanatical.
    Couldn't believe he turned into Alison Curtis this morning and brought the kids on air, car crash radio which after listening to also explained why he had no problem moving away from Dublin for 5 days a week.

Ah here. Take a day off will you. I think there is one person here getting a bit weird....listen to another show if this non-existent favouritism bothers you so much. Dredging up old podcasts? Sure sure. Not sure if your last point is a dig at him as a parent or what but get a life mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

I forgot about Ray Foley. Loved his show on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I see Ray Foley is presenting the Six O Clock show all week as well as his morning show on Red Fm.

He cant be doing the radio show down in Bishopstown?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mikeym wrote: »
    I see Ray Foley is presenting the Six O Clock show all week as well as his morning show on Red Fm.

He cant be doing the radio show down in Bishopstown?:confused:

What difference if he is or isn’t? It’s still class :)

The chub rub and bicycle short story a few days ago was hilarious :D

So are we going on 3 weeks now that "Corks number 1 Breakfast show" is being co-hosted from Dublin????
    Shame, all the fanboys are probably convincing themselves that he's driving to Dublin every morning at 9 them driving back down every evening at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So are we going on 3 weeks now that "Corks number 1 Breakfast show" is being co-hosted from Dublin????
    Shame, all the fanboys are probably convincing themselves that he's driving to Dublin every morning at 9 them driving back down every evening at 9pm

Is he on the 6 o clock show every evening?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he on the 6 o clock show every evening?

7 o clock show I think? And weekend mornings. Just feathering the nest for when he takes over full time every morning for Cagney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I don't listen to the show much anymore as can't handle the music, but did tune in last week to see what it sounded like with Foley working remotely.

I could hear the signs of it as I was literally listening just to see what it sounded like, but not sure the regular listener would pass much notice..

Does it matter that much really? I'm sure they can still do meetings etc via conference calls and stuff.

Actually noticed on his Instagram that he has a Red FM backdrop in his home set-up to make it look like he's there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Again what difference does it makes? The show is still great and not suffering from him working remotely?

Loughc wrote: »
    Again what difference does it makes? The show is still great and not suffering from him working remotely?

It clearly does make a difference if he's embarrassingly holding to a Red FM backdrop behind him in his bedroom in Instagram in a vain attempt to fool the less intelligent listener.

It clearly does make a difference if he's embarrassingly holding to a Red FM backdrop behind him in his bedroom in Instagram in a vain attempt to fool the less intelligent listener.

Again how does it make a difference when the show's quality doesn't suffer?

e7yrrd.jpg

Taken from twitter today. His bedroom is looking well. He even got a replica Jay to put in there. Amazing.

e7yrrd.jpg

Taken from twitter today. His bedroom is looking well. He even got a replica Jay to put in there. Amazing.

He's not hosting the 6 O'CLOCK show anymore, so he's back hosting the breakfast show in Cork.
    Christ I'm actually embarrassed for you that as such a big fanboy you didn't realise that.
    I thought it didn't make any difference yet you're still painfully trying to get your point across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ha :pac: In fairness he's finished the TV work and clearly back down there this week. His social media goes very Cork-esque when he's there and very quiet when he's not :D

I thought it didn't make any difference yet you're still painfully trying to get your point across.

It really doesn't make a difference where it's recorded from, it's still a very good breakfast show and it doesn't suffer in quality regardless of it, I was poking fun at your pathetic bedroom comment, here's a thought if you hate Ray Foley so much don't post in his thread, life would be so much better for you not to have to worry about where Ray is this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Was in Cork earlier, Was flicking between the two breakfast shows (96 & Red), I found them just ok, nothing special, How are the figures for the shows?

He's not hosting the 6 O'CLOCK show anymore, so he's back hosting the breakfast show in Cork.
    Christ I'm actually embarrassed for you that as such a big fanboy you didn't realise that.

Actually he is back up in Dublin this evening for Virgin Media and The Six O Clock show so...

Also Breakfast with Ray and Jay nominated for best breakfast show and Ray nominated for best music and entertainment presenter again for the IMRO'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Actually he is back up in Dublin this evening for Virgin Media and The Six O Clock show so...

Also Breakfast with Ray and Jay nominated for best breakfast show and Ray nominated for best music and entertainment presenter again for the IMRO'S.

I hope he wins and sings the home and away theme tune again!

That’s not Dublin that’s his Cork bedroom :pac:

But he wasn't on last night's show so......
    I was commenting on the picture posted by his number 1 fanboy from "twitter today" showing him in the red FM studio.
    My point was he was back in Cork yesterday and today because he wasn't hosting the 6 0 clock show last night???

For people who say it doesn't make any difference or detract from the show you sure are really trying to convince somebody, I wonder who................
    They won't win best breakfast show, bookmark this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

But he wasn't on last night's show so......
    I was commenting on the picture posted by his number 1 fanboy from "twitter today" showing him in the red FM studio.
    My point was he was back in Cork yesterday and today because he wasn't hosting the 6 0 clock show last night???

For people who say it doesn't make any difference or detract from the show you sure are really trying to convince somebody, I wonder who................
    They won't win best breakfast show, bookmark this post.

For people who say it does make a difference or detracts from the show you are really trying to convince somebody, I wonder who.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I don't listen to the show much anymore as can't handle the music, but did tune in last week to see what it sounded like with Foley working remotely.

I could hear the signs of it as I was literally listening just to see what it sounded like, but not sure the regular listener would pass much notice..

Does it matter that much really? I'm sure they can still do meetings etc via conference calls and stuff.

Actually noticed on his Instagram that he has a Red FM backdrop in his home set-up to make it look like he's there!

Hilarious. As it stands 96fms breakfast show is killing them on everything that makes a successful show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Howard100 wrote: »
    Hilarious. As it stands 96fms breakfast show is killing them on everything that makes a successful show.

Which is what exactly?

Advertisement