Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jo1981

When you cxl your subscription was it only a eir sport subscription you had or do you have an eir landline package?

Mines it the whole package which I went for mainly because of Bt Sports and I have been told I can't cxl my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

jo1981 wrote: »
    When you cxl your subscription was it only a eir sport subscription you had or do you have an eir landline package?

Mines it the whole package which I went for mainly because of Bt Sports and I have been told I can't cxl my contract.
    Eirsports on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I see Sky have officially announced over on their talk to forum that BT Sports 1, 2, 3 and ESPN will be available in SD and HD with Premier Sports 1 & 2 available in HD only.

I think we all pretty much knew that but I recall someone posting here or some other thread that they didnt have a HD box or telly so that should now ease the pain a little.....until such time as they announce what its going to cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Acosta

So I've been getting BT/ESPN free with broadband the last 4 years, all in HD. Now I have to pay for it and it will only be in SD as I don't have sky in HD. I did fear they would do this. The absolute F*#KERS!!

Also what is with the drip feeding of information?! The thing launches in less than two weeks and we still don't know how much the damn thing is going to cost.

Temper, temper :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Acosta

muffler wrote: »
    Temper, temper :pac:

I know. There is a lot more worthy things to put me in bad temper, I guess I thought Sky wouldn't have the neck to put BT in SD, but there you go.

With what it costs all of Sky should be in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

In reading the link to talk to sky looks like you have to become a sky customer / so a basic package is required on top of the sports sub. Makes it expensive- ah well it was fun when it lasted

As the gambling ad says when the fun stops text stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Paying sky 25quid a month for the sports. Never pay full price and don't think I'll pay extra for the bt package. How much football can you watch in a weekend? 2/3 matches and motd is plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Paying sky 25quid a month for the sports. Never pay full price and don't think I'll pay extra for the bt package. How much football can you watch in a weekend? 2/3 matches and motd is plenty

Id ditch Sky Sports before BT. Depends on what sport you like of course but BT has football, rugby, UFC, boxing, MotoGP, ESPN documentaries etc.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pro14 released their fixtures today and looks like Eir are only covering about 3 games a week.

So either the list is incorrect, or Eir are outright lying when they say they cover all Pro14 fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Doesn’t that happen with the Pro14 virtually every year though - a consequence of the unusually high number of host broadcasters involved (eir Sport, Premier Sports, TG4, S4C, Supersport, DAZN) and difficulties in confirming secondary coverage until closer the date? ISTR there was at least one high profile fixture last season (I think Scarlets v Munster) that it appeared wasn’t going to be shown in Ireland from the original fixture list but was in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

got a quote of 440pm(business) off sky for their sports extra pack ie bt/premier . Which is nuts , as we will have pay eir a sub too for pro14 matches . Thats 1440pm sky want for a small business not including eir sub too , told them to shove it and take premier sports off , and just offer bt as a option .

awec wrote: »
    Pro14 released their fixtures today and looks like Eir are only covering about 3 games a week.

So either the list is incorrect, or Eir are outright lying when they say they cover all Pro14 fixtures.

it's incorrect they are showing 5-6 games each week bar connacht games tg4 have rights too , and the odd sa game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

awec wrote: »

From Pro14 announcement page
    In the Republic of Ireland, eir Sport will screen every game supported by TG4’s Free-To-Air coverage while Super Sport continue their coverage of the Guinness PRO14 in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rugbai Beo!!

They have 28 games.

got a quote of 440pm(business) off sky for their sports extra pack ie bt/premier . Which is nuts , as we will have pay eir a sub too for pro14 matches . Thats 1440pm sky want for a small business not including eir sub too , told them to shove it and take premier sports off , and just offer bt as a option .
    Re: highlighted text....is it €440 or €1440?

muffler wrote: »
    Re: highlighted text....is it €440 or €1440?

€440 pm is for sports extra package ie bt, sport and premier sports.Currently pay sky €1k a month for their current package , which will increase to €1440pm if sky sports extra pack is taken on ,which doesn't include eir sports sub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

€440 pm is for sports extra package ie bt, sport and premier sports.Currently pay sky €1k a month for their current package , which will increase to €1440pm if sky sports extra pack is taken on ,which doesn't include eir sports sub

What were you previously paying for the eir/bt package?

What were you previously paying for the eir/bt package?

350 with alot more content

350 with alot more content

Eir sports won't be able to charge more than 100 per month you would think. A lot of the pro14 games are on tg4 and the world cup will be on itv. A lot of places may not bother with the eir sports package.

In fairness 350eur was very good for BT considering Sky are a grand. All Champions League and Champions cup rugby on it.

Maybe Sky were afraid a lot of places would get rid and just rely on BT sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Having various sports packages available ONLY with a Sky sub is a huge hit.
    Consider a household that wants to subscribe to various sports packages due to content of each providing various members of the household their preferred sport coverage.

One Sky card ..... one Sky box ..... one channel at any time.

Sports packages separate ..... on several cards ..... several STBs ...... several channels available concurrently.

Something similar applies to one IPTV provider allowing only a very limited number of connections/channels to run concurrently.

It is a complete rip-off ......... if I am to pay a sub for 10 channels then I should be able to get 10 channels concurrently available.

Eir sports won't be able to charge more than 100 per month you would think. A lot of the pro14 games are on tg4 and the world cup will be on itv. A lot of places may not bother with the eir sports package.

In fairness 350eur was very good for BT considering Sky are a grand. All Champions League and Champions cup rugby on it.

Maybe Sky were afraid a lot of places would get rid and just rely on BT sports.

problem is eir have alot of the leinster/munster matches

problem is eir have alot of the leinster/munster matches

The Leinster Munster matches only make up 2 games in the whole year. Hardly worth paying the sub for it.

If Sky are smart they will give a heavily discounted broadband/tv deal for the 1st year to entice people to switch.

The Leinster Munster matches only make up 2 games in the whole year. Hardly worth paying the sub for it.

If Sky are smart they will give a heavily discounted broadband/tv deal for the 1st year to entice people to switch.

na i mean all the leinster matches and munster matches

na i mean all the leinster matches and munster matches

The vast majority are on tg4 or the Welsh channel s4c.

according to this they aren't , where are you getting that from a different site, any info would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

S4C sometimes have an English commentary option

KaneToad wrote: »

Not any longer since Premier have the uk rights.
    Tg4 and s4c only have rights as they don't broadcast in English and thus are viewed as not overly competitive to the main broadcaster.

This is the tv fixtures list for the pro14.
    https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

KaneToad wrote: »

S4C do not have any Pro 14 rights

apart from eir/premier - TG4 are the only domestic terrestrial broadcaster in the UK/Ireland

This has now been corrected

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    S4C do not have any Pro 14 rights

apart from eir/premier - TG4 are the only domestic terrestrial broadcaster in the UK/Ireland

why are the listed here so https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/fixtures/?

Advertisement